LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

At QB right now who gives us the best chance to win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At QB right now who gives us the best chance to win?

Jim Druckenmiller.
Originally posted by backontop:
Alex
Pro: knows the entire playbook, has better chemistry with the receivers, more accurate than Troy
Con: tends to have at least one WTF moment in every game

Troy
Pro: very good at extending plays, supposedly a good leader
Con: has to extend plays because he tends to not see wide open receivers, holds on to the ball entirely to long and takes to many sacks, does not know the entire playbook.

You mean Troy doesn't know the 6 plays in the playbook? Is this just like Westbrook not starting because he needed time to learn our cimplicated blitz pickups? Oh brother.
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Alex
Pro: knows the entire playbook, has better chemistry with the receivers, more accurate than Troy

Troy
Con: has to extend plays because he tends to not see wide open receivers, holds on to the ball entirely to long and takes to many sacks, does not know the entire playbook.

You mean Troy doesn't know the 6 plays in the playbook? Is this just like Westbrook not starting because he needed time to learn our cimplicated blitz pickups? Oh brother.

I think starting Alex is a big mistake, we should've seen the last of that experiment already. And i'm so tired of hearing the lack of play-book knowledge excuse... you're right, their can't be too many damn variation of run-plays that take away from learning play action passes and trick plays!??!
Lets start Troy, let him work us down field like in Green Bay. Then insert mister RED ZONE, Alex Smith. We get the best of both worlds. Move the ball and score. What do we have to lose at this point.
Originally posted by BobS:
They both are terrible and couldn't make 3rd string on a real team.

What about the Colts? Where the hell did Jim Sorgi go? And we all saw Painter in preseason. Holy Crap talk about suckiness. I'd rather have Alex on this team for another 5 years than have Painter anywhere near this team.
The Cowboy Cody Pickett.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
The Cowboy Cody Pickett.

he was never given a fair chance.
Elvis Grbac
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Alex

Troy

I think starting Alex is a big mistake, we should've seen the last of that experiment already. And i'm so tired of hearing the lack of play-book knowledge excuse... you're right, their can't be too many damn variation of run-plays that take away from learning play action passes and trick plays!??!

Let's see, from what I've seen they have a run between the tackles right and left, a screen pass right and left, a draw play, fly or seam pass to VD and everyone go deap but I'll throw it to my check down because I don't see anyone open. How hard can it be to learn this playbook? Westbrook is considered one of the smartest players in the NFL and he couldn't learn Jimmy Raye's offense 101 playbook? Somewher out there Bill Walsh is rolling his eyes.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Nate Davis

Patrick Willis on the QB change

Quote:
LB Patrick Willis doesn't sound too enthusiastic about Alex Smith having reclaimed his starting spot at QB. "Once again, he's back at quarterback," Willis said. "The coaches made that decision. And us as players, we back whoever is under center."

Crabtree on the change
Quote:
WR Michael Crabtree on the team's quarterback shuffle: "I wish I could tell y'all something, but I really have no words for y'all right now. I'm at the point where, shoot, I'm just going out there and fighting for my life. I just don't really know."

The optimism is booming each day.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Alex

Troy

Let's see, from what I've seen they have a run between the tackles right and left, a screen pass right and left, a draw play, fly or seam pass to VD and everyone go deap but I'll throw it to my check down because I don't see anyone open. How hard can it be to learn this playbook? Westbrook is considered one of the smartest players in the NFL and he couldn't learn Jimmy Raye's offense 101 playbook? Somewher out there Bill Walsh is rolling his eyes.

It seems to me that have taken to throwing every skill position player under the bus at one time and calling out their inability to learn this "high powered" 6 volume playbook--- so sick of it!!
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Quote:
LB Patrick Willis doesn't sound too enthusiastic about Alex Smith having reclaimed his starting spot at QB. "Once again, he's back at quarterback," Willis said. "The coaches made that decision. And us as players, we back whoever is under center."

Crabtree on the change
Quote:
WR Michael Crabtree on the team's quarterback shuffle: "I wish I could tell y'all something, but I really have no words for y'all right now. I'm at the point where, shoot, I'm just going out there and fighting for my life. I just don't really know."

You could tell a few weeks ago Singletary lost this team, now you can see he is making no effort to get it back!
I predict another week of players sleepwalking towards the off season.

Our only hope to win this week isn't Alex or Troy, it is the rest of the team remembering the humiliation of week one and seeking vengeance!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Quote:

Crabtree on the change
Quote:

You could tell a few weeks ago Singletary lost this team, now you can see he is making no effort to get it back!
I predict another week of players sleepwalking towards the off season.

Our only hope to win this week isn't Alex or Troy, it is the rest of the team remembering the humiliation of week one and seeking vengeance!

this - I wish I could find someone to just got and tell Sing to GTFO and give the f**k up
they both give us a better chance of losing
Share 49ersWebzone