LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Phillip Rivers is going to pick our secondary apart. The only way we have a chance to win imo is if this is a shoot out.
I want this win more than any other game this yr. cause my brother is a huge SD fan & nothing ruins the holidays like a fist fight right before Christmas . Honestly I think them losing to Oakland was the worst thing possible for us cause it killed any chance of SD having a letdown or overlooking us, I expect it to get ugly
[ Edited by epdavis on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think the niners will keep this game close, Im not sure if they will win or not but it will be a close game. SD is not that good this year and they make dumb mistakes just like we do.
I think Alex Smith has never lost on NFL network? Correct?
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I'd only be worried if the Chargers were coached by someone who knew Alex's tendencies, like a former OC.

Why yes, that would pose a problem wouldn't it?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Phillip Rivers is going to pick our secondary apart. The only way we have a chance to win imo is if this is a shoot out.
Just looking at some stats. We are going from playing the 30th ranked pass defense in Seattle (at home) to playing the number 1 ranked pass defense in SD (on the road).
SD is also the number one ranked defense in the NFL this season, Seattle number 30th.

SD is the number 2 ranked offense in the NFL, the Niners 23rd. Also, ranked 2nd in passing.

This is a lopsided matchup.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Just looking at some stats. We are going from playing the 30th ranked pass defense in Seattle (at home) to playing the number 1 ranked pass defense in SD (on the road).
SD is also the number one ranked defense in the NFL this season, Seattle number 30th.

SD is the number 2 ranked offense in the NFL, the Niners 23rd. Also, ranked 2nd in passing.

we need to rock Rivers

ala the lions and Rodgers
Originally posted by ads_2006:

we need to rock Rivers

ala the lions and Rodgers

For any chance of winning, this has to happen. Rivers and company have scored 29 or more points in 5 of the last 6 games. This was the first week the Niners have scored more than 29 points.
The Niners are going have pass 11 out of their first 15 plays. SD special teams are weak and Ginn might have a big game

Hard to believe they're 7-6.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Hard to believe they're 7-6.

Hot and cold team..little inbetween. Let's hope they're cold on Thursday and that they underestimate the 9ers on top of it.
SD's 7-6 because they haven't played smart for much of the season...too many penalties, turnovers, etc. Our best bet is to pressure Rivers...he crumbled when the Raiders did that. We also need to move methodically down the field...with a mix of pass and run...to keep the ball away from their offense. They're definitely beatable...we just have to play a smart game. If it's close, I like our kicker a lot more than theirs. Kaeding doesn't have a lot of success with kicks 40+ yds out.

I agree. I figured they would be favored by 18 not only 9. Who knows though, anything can happen.

Those numbers are skewed SD defense is average at best the numbers look good because they have not given up a ton of yards because the special teams play has been bad giving opposing teams good field position. But this unit is far from dominant.
Share 49ersWebzone