There are 235 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by daWest:
facing the top ranked D in the NFL and the 2nd ranked offense....thursday night will be a challenge to say the least...if sunday was our best game of the season, then we have to put together 4qtrs of lights out football in all three phases w/o any coachings errors in order to have even a slight chance

So basically there is no chance.

I didn't know they had the #1 defense.

Yea same here. And the #2 offense? And how the hell are they 7-6?
Originally posted by FourNine49:
facing the top ranked D in the NFL and the 2nd ranked offense....thursday night will be a challenge to say the least...if sunday was our best game of the season, then we have to put together 4qtrs of lights out football in all three phases w/o any coachings errors in order to have even a slight chance

because they have been goin through a lot of injuries... stats don't ever tell the whole story
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:

because they have been goin through a lot of injuries... stats don't ever tell the whole story

and their special teams have really killed them a few times this year.
We need to keep feeding VD! Plain and simple.

Let's hope Ginn breaks one (or two) this week then!
I really don't know what to expect out of this game. I don't know how their defense is ranked #2 in the league. For some reason, that unit just doesn't seem that intimidating. I'm definitely most concerned with their offense against our defense. I think they'll pick us apart.

-9fA
Defense can I get a decent performance?
We

Will

Win

I'll be watching the game from work

Ginn FTW? of all the weeks i could hope for a TD return, it's this week.
we can win!
will we? i doubt it but u never know!!! thats why they play the game!!!
i hope the 9ers pull it out because i will be there behind their sideline rooting for a VICTORY!

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
This week:

Chargers 31 - Chiefs 0

Total offense:

Chargers: 426

Chiefs: 67

I don't care who is playing quarterback, that's just annihilation. This is a Chiefs team that put up over 200 yards on our 9th ranked run defense... 5th ranked in average per carry. Chargers have the 4th ranked run defense... tied with us for 5th in average per carry. Chiefs had 48 rush yards with 2.8 per carry.

Rivers even threw an interception and lost a fumble. Chiefs didn't have a turnover and only had two penalties all game.

Did anyone watch this game? I didn't... all I have is the box score. I need an explanation for how this could happen. Anyone?
[ Edited by Wodwo on Dec 13, 2010 at 4:43 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
We are going to get crushed.
as big as this game is its not necessarily a must win, we can still get in if we lose thursday
We're probably gonna lose this game. Short week, and 90% of the roster/coaching staff will be looking too far ahead into the St. Louis game (which will be the biggest game of our season).
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're probably gonna lose this game. Short week, and 90% of the roster/coaching staff will be looking too far ahead into the St. Louis game (which will be the biggest game of our season).

Would you agree with me that this game is a bigger "must win" for the Chargers than it is for us?
Share 49ersWebzone