Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 468 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. San Diego Chargers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Listening to Damon Bruce....interestingly not as much Alex hatred tonight LOL. People are actually (finally) calling out the coaching, lack of scheming, and stupid play calling. I could careless about Smith but I do care about who we draft/sign this summer..and I don't want another repeat because of poor coaching and planning again. Ever.

Vernon Davis, Brian Westbrook and Michael Crabtree were bit players tonight. How does that happen? Not sure with all three why the offense loves to feature Delaine Walker. I like Walker and all but in terms of talent those three are a bit ahead in the pecking order. The offensive game-plan was what is always has been; 2TE set, Davis the decoy and Walker is featured. WRs run a bunch of meaningless deep routes and hope that Walker beats his guy one-on-one. Run middle, run, left, run right, maybe a pitch and bubble screen to (chose WR or TE). I forgot Alex roll left or right and the 2 yard RB or TE route toward the sideline. That's the 49er offense in a nutshell. No variety, no creativity. The same crap week after week. The only innovation is the order from which this is called. I'm not sure why we keep going back to this stuff that doesn't work. Clearly it wasn't what was called in Seattle.

No matter, it will all be over soon.

Awesome post man.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,143
Hope you got the tickets for free.
Originally posted by fullmetalx:
Just beat the Rams and Cardinals and the Niners will get a beatdown they deserve in the playoffs. This season already prove that Niners can't beat good teams with good QB and WR. Singletary will get fired after the CBA is established or stayed if the Yorks are cheap and don't want to pay for two coaches. The money is from Jed parents so they really have the last say in distributing the money.

Did you Notice Jon York being the first one to congratulate the players going into the locker room last week and his very visible presence in London? Bottom line is Denise and Jon are still the owners and Jed is 'just' the team president. I don't think that bodes well for our off-season.
Well, I am 2 for 2...

I called good game against SEA, and stinker against SD, and now we will likely play just good enough to beat STL and ARI...
I just didn't understand the play calling... at all. Just completely porous. Very disappointed in Michael Johnson.

No play action roll outs? Actually, I don't remember any play action plays at all. Calling a timeout on 3rd and 2, then doing a bubble screen? what the f**k? Just a miserable game for our offensive and defensive play calling.

Defense was giving every f**king underneath throw to Rivers, and he took them. Took them all the way down the field constantly with wide open players all over hte place. f**k.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by BobS:
Hope you got the tickets for free.

Still not worth it. 3 hours I can't have back.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,454
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that VD only got the ball once speaks volumes to me.

VD was at a bar in San Diego last night getting drunk. Witnessed by a good friend of mine. Hungover tonight and it showed. He looked like sh*t
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
I know a lot of you hate Alex Smith and I must say that you have every reason to. The loss wasn't COMPLETELY his fault but MOST of it was. He is REALLY gun shy and has ZERO pocket presence and is woefully inaccurate with his passes. Alex really seemed to need his receivers wide open before he would throw it. He doesn't seem to know how to 'throw them open'. There were multiple times when I thought he would change the play at the line but he never did. We have ZERO pass rush. The Chargers ran crossing routes all night and routes that took time to develope. DID I MENTION we really NEED A PASS RUSHER?? We seemed to really get hosed by the Refs after the penalty on T. LaBoy. Our defense is solid but bland. We need a QB in the worst way, Alex Smith will NEVER be the answer.

a million times, THIS
Originally posted by obx49:
Here is my observation...

We are an embarrassment.

well, every classroom has a classclown.... we are the punchline to a terrible joke, as well!
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that VD only got the ball once speaks volumes to me.

VD was at a bar in San Diego last night getting drunk. Witnessed by a good friend of mine. Hungover tonight and it showed. He looked like sh*t

Probably was. Some of his routes looked like he didn't give a f**k, lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,454
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that VD only got the ball once speaks volumes to me.

VD was at a bar in San Diego last night getting drunk. Witnessed by a good friend of mine. Hungover tonight and it showed. He looked like sh*t

Probably was. Some of his routes looked like he didn't give a f**k, lol

It looked like that with all of our WR's. All of those times that Smith got flushed out of the pocket, the WR's just stood there. Not ONCE did I see a WR run in Smith's direction to help him out. Our most uninspired performance of the year
Originally posted by susweel:
Same thing we saw on tv.

troll.....
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,454
Originally posted by 915Niner915:
I left 3 minutes before the 3rd quarter ended bro,let me tell you what I saw.

-smith is "gun shy" and never takes shots downfield.
-pass rush is non existent
-secondary?
-smith had some easy 10+ runs but seems like he hesitates to much
-charger fans are rowdy lol

also did you guys notice when the offense was on the sideline it seems like they were never together?i always so smith by himself,dudes no leader.ive been a simpletary/smith supporter since the beginning, but this embarrassing loss was the last straw. cant wait to clean house and get a real head coach..like they always say there is always next year and i cant wait. lets just finish on a positive note 7-9 (5-1 division) and get a QB and coach next year

cant believe i drove from el paso,tx to see that ass whooping! lmao

Props to you my friend. True fan
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Janitor:
The fact that VD only got the ball once speaks volumes to me.

VD was at a bar in San Diego last night getting drunk. Witnessed by a good friend of mine. Hungover tonight and it showed. He looked like sh*t

Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone