There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

why not believe?

we all know alex smith and the coaching staff sucks but lets look back at the games.

people are saying we're going to get owned by the packers, might happen but i highly doubt it. the 49ers have been playing a great season in my opinion, i only talk about the players. yes we have more losses than we should but i blame the coaches calls for that. now look back at all the games vs all the teams that really should have destroyed us but didnt (saints, falcons, eagles). we gave them hell and we're going to give the packers hell this week! just like every other team that have underestimated the 49ers, im sure the packers are looking at us as a walk in the park. for that reason chances increase into a close game to where we win or lose by 3 points.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
We might sneak up on them. I could see that happening. Losing teams that come off a big MNF win usually do pretty well on the road the next week. They usually do well on the second road game in a row too.


Then again, we might play like a bunch of misfits too.

Just kinda depends if the Imposters who appeared on MNF show up.

[ Edited by Blitz on Dec 1, 2010 at 14:44:24 ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,503
It's the Packers. C'mon now.

Just mark it down as an L and move on.
I thought we would open it up because of Gore being out, but with the snow and all that we will be conservative and lose.

So no I can't believe, sorry.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 272
can't really count the eagles game though. if mike vick played that game we woulda lost by a lot more. that play where cobb juked a 49er defender was one of the low points of the season for me.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 272
i think we should throw caution to the wind in this game. eff the conservative play calling and the smash mouth bs. we're predicted to lose this game. even if we lose we will still be in the division race. first play i want to see a 60 yard pass to morgan or crabtree.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,858
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I thought we would open it up because of Gore being out, but with the snow and all that we will be conservative and lose.

So no I can't believe, sorry.

Snow? That is good for us, our biggest worry is Rodger's picking apart our secondary. We need a pass rush this game, big time.
Originally posted by Noblewar:
we all know alex smith and the coaching staff sucks but lets look back at the games.

people are saying we're going to get owned by the packers, might happen but i highly doubt it. the 49ers have been playing a great season in my opinion, i only talk about the players. yes we have more losses than we should but i blame the coaches calls for that. now look back at all the games vs all the teams that really should have destroyed us but didnt (saints, falcons, eagles). we gave them hell and we're going to give the packers hell this week! just like every other team that have underestimated the 49ers, im sure the packers are looking at us as a walk in the park. for that reason chances increase into a close game to where we win or lose by 3 points.

We gave those teams "hell" with the most important offensive player who is now gone. Frank Gore.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I thought we would open it up because of Gore being out, but with the snow and all that we will be conservative and lose.

So no I can't believe, sorry.

Snow? That is good for us, our biggest worry is Rodger's picking apart our secondary. We need a pass rush this game, big time.

still not believing
I believe in Willie Beamen
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I thought we would open it up because of Gore being out, but with the snow and all that we will be conservative and lose.

So no I can't believe, sorry.

Snow? That is good for us, our biggest worry is Rodger's picking apart our secondary. We need a pass rush this game, big time.

Snow would be great for us. If AR can't throw as well we have a chance, They WON'T be able to run on us. Will Westbrook and Dixon Be able to run on them? who knows but snow makes out chances go way up.
Either way the W or L may very well be dictated by IF the Zebras do their jobs.. GB's Secondary get away with murder most games. the games the zebras do their job GB has 15+ penalties (exp. Chicago/ Atl.) and for some reason the refs have been unusually bad against us this season!
To win we need a mix of 3 of the following: a return for a TD, pick 6, 4 sacks, fumble recovery converted into a TD, deep bomb for a TD, long yardage TD run, field goal block for a TD
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
To win we need a mix of 3 of the following: a return for a TD, pick 6, 4 sacks, fumble recovery converted into a TD, deep bomb for a TD, long yardage TD run, field goal block for a TD

to win by half a point
they have given me little reason to believe and Gore was the only light burning and his light went bye bye . Seriously, Clay Matthews is gonna destroy A Davis. Troy smith doesnt have a chance!
I found it!