There are 233 users in the forums

Eddie is in the HoF!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Eddie is/was everything Jerry Jones will never be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think with the 49ers returning, and that tear-inducing appearance he made as the presenter today....I think Eddie is in this year
Ray-Ray is caled future HOF … and he was involved in a murder and DeBartolo then should be a shoe in …. I mean, I'm jus sayin
Originally posted by Kaepmandu:
Eddie is/was everything Jerry Jones will never be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he got lucky with jimmy. If he truely loves the cowboys, he would relinquish his duties as the gm and hire an incompetent person.
Why is Eddie not getting the votes he needs? His franchise won 5 super bowls due in part his ownership and willingness to do whatever it took to put a winning team on the field. Would be great to see him introduced at this years Super Bowl as a HOF inductee.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Why is Eddie not getting the votes he needs? His franchise won 5 super bowls due in part his ownership and willingness to do whatever it took to put a winning team on the field. Would be great to see him introduced at this years Super Bowl as a HOF inductee.
I think it was like 1997 he got caught not reporting that the ex-governor of Louisiana asked him for a $400,000 bribe to get a river boat gaming license. He was then forced by the league to turn over control of the team to his sister soon after.
[ Edited by BobS on Jul 30, 2014 at 7:11 AM ]
Eddie D gonna be on the contributor candidate consideration vote this year. I think he makes it in finally.
Originally posted by captveg:
Eddie D gonna be on the contributor candidate consideration vote this year. I think he makes it in finally.

It's an absolute joke that Eddie isn't already in. Any debt he had because of the Louisiana b******t has long been paid. Not to start s**t or open any scabs, but I think there is little question the early 2000s play out much differently if he was still the owner.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Sep 2, 2015 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

It's an absolute joke that Eddie isn't already in. Any debt he had because of the Louisiana b******t has long been paid. Not to start s**t or open any scabs, but I think there is little question the early 2000s play out much differently if he was still the owner.

Not to mention the fact that that Louisiana clusterf**k had nothing to do with the NFL. We're talking about billionaire NFL team owners here - I'd be shocked if there is even one of them who doesn't have skeletons in his closet.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Niners816:

Speculation. The NFL change to a salary cap oriented system did a number on several teams. None the least was the Niners. Eddie should be in the hall, but for all his successes too many are willing to overlook the flaws that hurt the team for a while.

I think he would have been in already if they had the separate contributor vote in earlier years. That kept him out more than the felony on failing to report the bribe, IMO. Now that he doesn't have to be considered vs. players I think he gets in.
[ Edited by captveg on Sep 2, 2015 at 12:47 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He deserves to be in the HOF for sure.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wonder who he would choose to introduce him??
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like Eddie's finally getting in.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wonder who he would choose to introduce him??

Should be Bill Walsh (RIP) but I can see him picking Joe.
Share 49ersWebzone