There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Give Jed a shot

Ever since week one people have been blaming Jed York for the failures of Singletary. Sure he hired him, but did he have much of a choice? At the end of the 2008 season things were looking up. We had fired Nolan and Sing looked to be the coach we were looking for. The players wanted Singletary and the fans wanted him. So Jed was basically forced into the situation of hiring him.

Jed has a fire in him that wants this team to be great. He is trying to get a new stadium for us and actually cares about this team. I say give the kid another shot! This offseason will prove whether he is good or not. It will likely depend on who he hires as our HC.

Look, everybody loved the kid before this season began. He has not been given a fair trial and he at least deserves to get one more try at righting the ship.
we don't have a choice, his daddy owns the team.
Agree.

From what I've seen from him in the last year or so, he looks like he really wants to win.

He went after linemen because he realized that was the biggest hole on offense. (Okay, so A. Davis is pretty raw right now, but he went after the biggest need).

He wants a new stadium.

He looks like he will be someone that will learn from his mistakes. I mean a LOT of people were high on Mike Singletary. I mean, s**t, I even was I'll admit it. This time he will break the bank on a veteran coach and let that man do what he does best -- find the right people for his staff.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Agree.

From what I've seen from him in the last year or so, he looks like he really wants to win.

He went after linemen because he realized that was the biggest hole on offense. (Okay, so A. Davis is pretty raw right now, but he went after the biggest need).

He wants a new stadium.

He looks like he will be someone that will learn from his mistakes. I mean a LOT of people were high on Mike Singletary. I mean, s**t, I even was I'll admit it. This time he will break the bank on a veteran coach and let that man do what he does best -- find the right people for his staff.

Agree.

He went after linemen because he realized that was the biggest hole on offense. (Okay, so A. Davis is pretty raw right now, but he went after the biggest need).He wants a new stadium.

Dude do you actually think Jed had a voice in that draft room???? LOL
I agree, RandG. Jed made the right move at the time. I'm still down with him, too.
1) We know he is not good.

2) Not everybody liked him. I knew he was an idoit like his father.

3) I'll let you in on a little secret. He's not really in charge. He's a Frontman / Faceman only. John York controls this team. They needed new found hope and change because people were sick of the fat head Yorks losing ways. So install "a new face" in the hopes to land a brand new fancy stadium.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 26, 2010 at 19:14:08 ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
Agree.

He went after linemen because he realized that was the biggest hole on offense. (Okay, so A. Davis is pretty raw right now, but he went after the biggest need).He wants a new stadium.

Dude do you actually think Jed had a voice in that draft room???? LOL

You honestly think he had nothing to do with ANY decisions? That's just ignorant!

He was the first to get on the phone. The first to get excited, the first to shake hands (if you were watching the live look-in on their draft war room).
It's hard when you look at his parents who f**ked this team up.

I'll admit i was leary about Single's. I liked his motivation tactics, but was nervous ouf his X's & O's.

I think Jed fell in love with Single's speech, and the fire he got out of the players at the end of the year, but he rushed it. He did not make a wise "Business" decision.

I'm a little scared because right now we don't have a TRUE GM. not high on Baalke just look at his resume in Washington. Not feeling him. Plus from what i've heard and read the first 3 rounds of the draft were basically already set. Especially the first round with grabbing 2 Offensive lineman.

He seems to be losing the stadium deal. Personally i see it falling through. Hell i'd like to give him a shot, but I am leary.

His parents have managed to f**k this team up bad.
If he doesn't relinquish some power and get someone who actually knows the game of football in here, then he's a f**king retard like his old man and will get no support from me. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until that choice has to be made, because it's more than obvious that Jed as a team president is not working.
The NFL doesn't believe in him and that is very important when recruiting coaches and free agents
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) We know he is not good.

2) Not everybody liked him. I knew he was an idoit like his father.

3) I'll let you in on a little secret. He's not really in charge. He's a Frontman / Faceman only. John York controls this team. They needed new found hope and change because people were sick of the fat head Yorks losing ways. So install "a new face" in the hopes to land a brand new fancy stadium.

A team with a worse record and a more proven coach (cowboys) with a much "worse owner" decided it was time to make a change. Mid-season. Then saw victory and motivation because of it. Even in their loss yesterday, they played their hearts out to come back from a large score.

The reason people are "down on jed" is because him, and his gene pool, haven't done anything productive other than talk.

They talked themselves and investors into a proposition for a stadium. Newsflash... the stadium is seing roadblocks thanks to this season.

They continued to let go of potentially good talent/staff while continuing to keep a proven....ly bad... quarterback on the team and chose to keep working with him.

If Jerry Jones can make changes, if the vikings owner can fire a coach, get rid of a trouble-maker... then the Yorks can quit texting ESPN and fix this team.

We aren't the raiders, we expect results and we expect them now. Doing nothing is unacceptable, and that, is exactly what they've done. Nothing. They're basically non-existant.

Hire a GM
Fire the coach
Cut the QB
Train the line
Draft/Sign a QB who gives us a chance despite the line issues and go win some football games... fix the rest as it goes

it's not rocket science and they're doing nothing.
Until York Jr. grows a pair and goes up to his mommy and daddy and begs them to hire some professionals in the front office, he deserves no credit or praise. I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon.

[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Nov 26, 2010 at 19:38:04 ]
This offseason will make or break how he's perceived.