There are 226 users in the forums

Give Jed a shot

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jed is on a short leash which is controlled by his father, so in some ways Jed is a front man while at the same time having some autonomy to run the team. Jed was able to convince his parents to upgrade the practice facility for the players, hire additional coaches, and improve resources for the scouting dept, sign key players before they are in last year of contract to long term deals such as Willis, Davis, and others

At the time many of us, me included thought Singletary was ready for the HC job. The players respected him, he had been interviewed by several teams with 1-2 close to hiring, and the talking heads in the media went on about how he was going to be a great coach. It all appeared to be perfect timing, finally. Jed was in a tough spot Sing did motivate the team much like Jason Garrett is doing for the Cowboys he was in a position he had to hire him but we have learned teams that our successful need a coach who can persuade but also knows X’ and O’s.

I don’t blame Jed for the last 2 ½ years, however now is when he proves himself has he been listening to his uncle (claims talks to Eddie weekly) It is time to bring in a real GM and head coach combo. Many forget Walsh brought in McVay who was a big part of helping Walsh in those early years. Jed needs to do like his uncle did in this order. Be President, let real football people run the team, and open up your wallet to pay for a Top tier coach and GM, open up your wallet to get a QB.
John York is a huge douchebag for letting his kid take the fall for his 'behind closed doors' descision making, if that indeed is what's happening.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
I'm waiting until the end of the season. If the Yorks show me that they're ready to act decisively; that they've done their homework; that they're prepared to make fundamental changes; that they have a plan A, B, and C; and that they've learned from their mistakes... then I will will take hope and say that Jed not only wants to build a winner, but knows how to build a winner. Until then, the jury is out.
How anyone can defend a York at this point is beyond comprehension. He had a responsibility to install a qualified HC and instead took the easy route. It should not have mattered what the fans or media felt about Sing in 2008. The fans and media had no idea how incompetent Sing was, BUT JED SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. And maybe he could have figured it out if he interviewed some QUALIFIED people prior to giving Sing the job.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
we don't have a choice, his daddy owns the team.

agree with this....but whats the point? we're stuck with jed....but the fact still remains that he is a 28 year old kid....i know when i was that age i couldnt run a football team and broker a billion dollar stadium....

this franchise is doomed with the yorks....plain and simple....case closed....
Originally posted by davemo4:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
we don't have a choice, his daddy owns the team.

agree with this....but whats the point? we're stuck with jed....but the fact still remains that he is a 28 year old kid....i know when i was that age i couldnt run a football team and broker a billion dollar stadium....

this franchise is doomed with the yorks....plain and simple....case closed....
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
John York is a huge douchebag for letting his kid take the fall for his 'behind closed doors' descision making, if that indeed is what's happening.

That's why I tend to think Jed has more power than some assume. Say what you will about John York, but he doesn't seem to be the kinda guy that would sell out his own son. Think about it, you've gotta be within a shade or two of being a psychopath to do something like that.
Jed, is that you?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Jed, is that you?

We'd all be a lot happier if I was Jed ;)
Originally posted by Lifer:
I'm waiting until the end of the season. If the Yorks show me that they're ready to act decisively; that they've done their homework; that they're prepared to make fundamental changes; that they have a plan A, B, and C; and that they've learned from their mistakes... then I will will take hope and say that Jed not only wants to build a winner, but knows how to build a winner. Until then, the jury is out.

.... it does not matter what they do.... because they do no have the intellectual ability to make the correct decisions.... stand up and refuse to follow them over the freaking cliff.... do not be another lemming.... it's nut check time.... look down.... are you a soldier?....

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) We know he is not good.

2) Not everybody liked him. I knew he was an idoit like his father.

3) I'll let you in on a little secret. He's not really in charge. He's a Frontman / Faceman only. John York controls this team. They needed new found hope and change because people were sick of the fat head Yorks losing ways. So install "a new face" in the hopes to land a brand new fancy stadium.

please be quiet and stop acting like you know it all, cause quite frankly your full of it most of the time.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

3) I'll let you in on a little secret. He's not really in charge. He's a Frontman / Faceman only. John York controls this team. They needed new found hope and change because people were sick of the fat head Yorks losing ways. So install "a new face" in the hopes to land a brand new fancy stadium.

please be quiet and stop acting like you know it all, cause quite frankly your full of it most of the time.

He does!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
okay

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Disagree.

I especially agree with Point 3. I've seen far too much of John York these days around 49er HQ. If Jed is really in control -- daddy will stay far, far, far away.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Disagree.

I especially agree with Point 3. I've seen far too much of John York these days around 49er HQ. If Jed is really in control -- daddy will stay far, far, far away.

Please explain why. It's the old owner and the current's father. Plus the husband of the woman who actually owns the team. What, you're going to ban your family?

s**t, tell ex-players to stay away. Tell Seifert to get out.
Share 49ersWebzone