LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Can we bench Anthony Davis now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Tell me who is going to replace him now that Staley has a broken fibula. Yes, the kid has had it rough and committed some killer penalties today. He was also going up against Chris Long who is a handful. He is a rookie who is having to grow into his role faster than expected because of his draft status and the Niners lack of depth. I wouldn't bench him just yet, just because I don't see anyone better.

If you want someone to bench, how about Rachal? He is in year three and he still sucks.

We went through this "I don't see anyone better" crap with Alex Smith. The fact of the matter was we didn't know if we had anyone better because Singletary wouldn't let anyone else try even though Alex was stinking it up. Troy got a shot and has proven to be better. The same thing applies now with Davis. Boone is probably a better option, but we wouldn't know because Singletary doesn't give him a shot.

Our starting tackles should be Sims and Boone now that Staley is hurt.

Starting Sims for Staley is good with me. Sims did a great job when Staley was hurt last year. Alex Boone? Are you sure? The guy hasn't played a single down in a regular season game yet. Nobody knows if he can cut it on game day.
yea, i think it's time. let him sit and learn. He's just not cutting it. Could of easily cost us the game today.
Some tackles come out of college and they are great from the get go. Smith turned 21 this season. He must be given at least another year or two.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by teeohh:
you're killin me petey, you're killin me!

isnt it you're killin me smalls?

It's both! Depends on which movie your watching. Petey was the runningback in Remember the Titans... after he fumbled during practice coach Boone went off on him.

Of course I love The Sandlot... so Ham Porter's "your killing me smalls" is also appropriate.

thanks for the clarification i forgot that line came from Remember the Titans as well
makes more sense since we are talkin about Football not baseball

LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING! He isnt ready! Not saying he is a bust, but he is KILLING us! 2td's called back= KWAME 2.0
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I liked the pick at RT in the draft..BUT didnt want us to draft HIM!!!!.. I wanted Vel De Heer, Bulaga, or Scaffold.. We took this underachieveing lazy ass kid, and now were paying for it.

Yeah, I thought its Bulaga when moved up then had a chance to pick him at 17. Instead, Davis and Iupati with more run plays in mind.
Originally posted by maximill15:
LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING! He isnt ready! Not saying he is a bust, but he is KILLING us! 2td's called back= KWAME 2.0
He gets a rookie pass right now.
SybErkRimInAL The tackle position is not 1 that you can sit and learn it is on the job training. It's about footwork and technique. Davis was a LT in college and now he's RT in the pros. There is a big difference in the 2 positions believe it or not. You guys think it's easy to do but its not. It's like being left handed learning to write with your right hand.
The kid is 20 years old and you guys are dogging him like he's a 13 year vet. Damn.

• pw52
  • Veteran
Its scary to think of what Clay Matthews is going to do to us matched up against Davis
cant bench him with staley goin down. the backups are gonna be needed on that side and i wouldnt want a 3rd stringer against the other teams top pass rushers
Originally posted by pw52:
Its scary to think of what Clay Matthews is going to do to us matched up against Davis

Please no.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by pw52:

Please no.

or what patrick willis is gonna do to them
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I liked the pick at RT in the draft..BUT didnt want us to draft HIM!!!!.. I wanted Vel De Heer, Bulaga, or Scaffold.. We took this underachieveing lazy ass kid, and now were paying for it.

To be fair I liked Scaffold but was he, Veldeer even possibilities at 13 or 17? I was hoping they would fall to 49 but figured early 2nd. Bulaga was struggling and I believe they where trying him at guard. Think he is back at tackle but not sure. As for Anthony Davis he's 20 years old so I will give him some time but I think we should consider moving him to RG if he continues to struggle for some time. I also think we would be best if Staley was at RT if we could find a LT. That would be for the best but as of now we might just try to find a RG and call it good. Either way though Staley is out so we could see some shuffling. I'd like to see Simms or Wragge at LT but I think Wragge should be starting at RG anyways.
Share 49ersWebzone