LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Can we bench Anthony Davis now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at least give him some help. I don't know why they continue to play him on an island when he clearly isn't up to it yet.

I'm not going to label him a Kwame-level bust yet--he's still a rookie for god's sake--but having him and Rachal play next to each other is a disaster and an indictment on this coaching staff.
hes 20 years old, he probably should have stayed at rutgers one more year
Originally posted by crabman82:

What worries me more is his feet are slow and not NFL level. I'm fine with him learning because he is young. But he is just not quick or athletic. That's a big concern. I don't think that can get better.
Barry Simms!! he played really well last year.. Davis just did in 1 game what Kwame would do in 1 season!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

What worries me more is his feet are slow and not NFL level. I'm fine with him learning because he is young. But he is just not quick or athletic. That's a big concern. I don't think that can get better.

What about moving him to guard? The Niners have used him a ton to trap block from his ROT position. If his feet aren't that good, kick Rachal to the curb and move him there.
We probably don't have the depth to replace him with Staley out. That, and I can't call him a bust at 20 years of age, and it being his rookie season.
Originally posted by 49erjoe:

he's a rookie he going to get beat.

That excuse only goes so far. He's playing worse than expected, even for a rookie. He almost single-handedly gave the game away today and that's unacceptable - rookie or not.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

What about moving him to guard? The Niners have used him a ton to trap block from his ROT position. If his feet aren't that good, kick Rachal to the curb and move him there.

I'm fine with moving him to Guard. Since he's got to be better than Chilo... But then we are in this eternal cycle of looking for Tackles. We keep picking them or getting them in FA and they keep not working out. We picked him high and we may need to do it again with another guy. That's what is so disappointing.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Tell me who is going to replace him now that Staley has a broken fibula. Yes, the kid has had it rough and committed some killer penalties today. He was also going up against Chris Long who is a handful. He is a rookie who is having to grow into his role faster than expected because of his draft status and the Niners lack of depth. I wouldn't bench him just yet, just because I don't see anyone better.

If you want someone to bench, how about Rachal? He is in year three and he still sucks.

We went through this "I don't see anyone better" crap with Alex Smith. The fact of the matter was we didn't know if we had anyone better because Singletary wouldn't let anyone else try even though Alex was stinking it up. Troy got a shot and has proven to be better. The same thing applies now with Davis. Boone is probably a better option, but we wouldn't know because Singletary doesn't give him a shot.

Our starting tackles should be Sims and Boone now that Staley is hurt.
how many penalty yards has he been at fault for this season?

Originally posted by teeohh:
you're killin me petey, you're killin me!

isnt it you're killin me smalls?
I say with Staley out 4-6 weeks maybe move him back and try him out at his natrual position at LT and see how he does. Just an idea to consider.
I wanted Bulaga....
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I say with Staley out 4-6 weeks maybe move him back and try him out at his natrual position at LT and see how he does. Just an idea to consider.

Yeah, put a rookie who's been getting abused all year on thr QB's blind side. Smart move, real smart.
Isn't he only like 21 years old or something? Dude is young and has great potential. He was going against a great passrusher in Long. Give the kid a break
Share 49ersWebzone