LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blitz:

Accck, screw AS, the last thing I want is to open the team to AS being our future starter. The organization has already f**ked around in an obviously dysfunctional relationship long enough. It's dysfunctional to the point that someone has to go..either the 49ers organization, or AS. The former isn't going to happen,therefore it needs to be the latter.

Seriously, this team needs to part ways with AS. The relationship needs to end. Relationships die, this AS/49er one has been dysfunctional long enough, it needs to end.

There is just no way this team ever truly starts to move on with AS on the roster ANYWHERE.

Put the other guys in, let them run around an play some football....close the door on AS once and for all.

I'm not looking for Alex Smith to prove he's the savior or even that he deserves to be back on this team. I'm looking for damage control. Yes, he was injured on a blindside sack during max protect, but he is our best bet for giving up the fewest sacks. Troy Smith just took more sacks than Alex Smith has ever taken in one game... Alex Smith has never been sacked more than five times in a game. Alex Smith has been sacked five times twice since his rookie year. Troy Smith was just sacked five times and then six times in consecutive games. He's been exposed... teams know how to get to him now.

I'd rather not see Troy get killed. I think he is at the worst a very capable #2 QB. Let him work on some things while Alex plays. We've already destroyed Alex Smith (not that he was much to start with) because of our poor line play over the last decade, let's avoid doing that to Troy.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Coaching sucked, o-line sucked, troy played poorly (I still think he did better than what Alex would have done though), playcalling was horrible as usual, and the fans sounded half asleep.

Bottom line: we need to cleanse this organization from this baltimore and chicago trash, and bring in an established GM and a coach that knows offense.

No points. Shutout. How could it have been worse?

Oh, it could have been worse. This team has given up far more than 21 points and 1 INT.

Still shut out at home. How many points given up not really the biggest issue.

A L is a L, and I've seen enough shutouts by this team over the last decade to be phased if it was at home versus being on the road.

That's my point. 21-0 or 35-0 it is still horrible. When you are shutout you are guaranteed an L. I may be wrong but I think the only other time the Niners were shut out this decade was three or four years ago in Seattle.

I agree it's still horrible. My point is that I've seen "worse" by my standards, but either way they still sucked. We were also shutout by KC in '06, and there were games where we should have been shutout like in '04 against the eagles, but we decided to go for a FG just to avoid the shutout.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Accck, screw AS, the last thing I want is to open the team to AS being our future starter. The organization has already f**ked around in an obviously dysfunctional relationship long enough. It's dysfunctional to the point that someone has to go..either the 49ers organization, or AS. The former isn't going to happen,therefore it needs to be the latter.

Seriously, this team needs to part ways with AS. The relationship needs to end. Relationships die, this AS/49er one has been dysfunctional long enough, it needs to end.

There is just no way this team ever truly starts to move on with AS on the roster ANYWHERE.

Acccck, let the kids play.

And, if I am the 49er's, I am cutting ties with AS. The last thing I want is to not get something for him. Letting him run the risk of getting beat up, only increases the chances I don't get s**t for him in the off season.

Put Carr in there if you don't want the other dude's to run the risk of getting beat up. He's already ruined too and we wouldn't get s**t for him healthy or not. lol

Put the other guys in, let them run around an play some football....close the door on AS once and for all.

I'm not looking for Alex Smith to prove he's the savior or even that he deserves to be back on this team. I'm looking for damage control. Yes, he was injured on a blindside sack during max protect, but he is our best bet for giving up the fewest sacks. Troy Smith just took more sacks than Alex Smith has ever taken in one game... Alex Smith has never been sacked more than five times in a game. Alex Smith has been sacked five times twice since his rookie year. Troy Smith was just sacked five times and then six times in consecutive games. He's been exposed... teams know how to get to him now.

I'd rather not see Troy get killed. I think he is at the worst a very capable #2 QB. Let him work on some things while Alex plays. We've already destroyed Alex Smith (not that he was much to start with) because of our poor line play over the last decade, let's avoid doing that to Troy.

Put Carr in there. Problem solved.

If I am the 49er's, I am parting ways with AS this off season. Therefore, I am going to try and get something for him, therefore I am going to keep him on the bench so he doesn't become any more of damaged goods.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 21, 2010 at 17:51:05 ]
Coaching sucked, o-line sucked, troy played poorly (I still think he did better than what Alex would have done though), playcalling was horrible as usual, and the fans sounded half asleep.

Bottom line: we need to cleanse this organization from this baltimore and chicago trash, and bring in an established GM and a coach that knows offense.

No points. Shutout. How could it have been worse?

Oh, it could have been worse. This team has given up far more than 21 points and 1 INT.

Still shut out at home. How many points given up not really the biggest issue.

A L is a L, and I've seen enough shutouts by this team over the last decade to be phased if it was at home versus being on the road.

That's my point. 21-0 or 35-0 it is still horrible. When you are shutout you are guaranteed an L. I may be wrong but I think the only other time the Niners were shut out this decade was three or four years ago in Seattle.

I agree it's still horrible. My point is that I've seen "worse" by my standards, but either way they still sucked. We were also shutout by KC in '06, and there were games where we should have been shutout like in '04 against the eagles, but we decided to go for a FG just to avoid the shutout.

It's been a bad decade to be sure.
3rd and 4, from the Tampa 43, Fank Gore is called for a draw up the middle.

4th and 4, from the Tampa 33, Andy Lee Punts.

4th and 3, from the SF 44, the 49ers send out the punt team, then call the punt team back, and end up wasting a time-out because they can't make a decision that should have been made before the 3rd down play. Why didn't the coach know if he was going to go for it on 4th down?

No attempt to attack the Tampa defense, until we are down, and have no offensive rythym.

No in game adjustments to attempt to change the flow of the game.

This coaching staff is absolutely awful.

The offensive line looked to be turning the corner, until this game. No QB can be successful under those conditions. The running game did not get anywhere either. This unit has been holding back the offense as much as the coaching staff...

The turnover bug came back to bite us this week....

Also of note, the defense did not stop the run. With Mike Singletary's philosophy, the defense HAS to stop the run. That didn't happen this week, and the time of possesion batle hurt the team today.

Troy Smith was trying to be too cute with his movement today, and it burned him. Kurt Warner said it earlier this week, a QB has to be able to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. The jury is still out, if that is something he can handle.

Tough to find anything positive to say about anything, other than Willis who had a very good day.

Hopefully this is just one more nail in Singletary`s coffin.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

If I am the 49er's, I am parting ways with AS this off season. Therefore, I am going to try and get something for him, therefore I am going to keep him on the bench so he doesn't become any more of damaged goods.

That isn't damage control. Carr would get killed. Then you'd have to put Alex in anyway.

We aren't getting anything for Alex. He is a free agent.
troy smith is garbage, thats my analysis. He holds the ball too long and takes too many dumb sacks. Like that play where he ran out of bounds and took the sack instead of throwing the ball away. Our 3rd % has went to s**t since he has been our QB.

All of our Qbs suck but i dont want to see troy in there any more. He had a good couple fo games but teams know what he can and cant do and he isnt good now that there is tape on him

[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 21, 2010 at 18:32:22 ]
2 of the worst loses in candlestick history have happened the last 2 years and Alex Smith was not the QB in either of those games
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by 49erFan:

It is UNREAL.

Hey guys, for 10 games we've had a terrible game plan. You think after not being able to suck successfully in 6 of those games before this one, the game plan would change. TWO RUNS OVER THE TACKLE?!! TWO?!? Defenses probably just sleep in and don't practice when they play us because they NEVER EVER have to guess what we're doing it. It's up the gut. 1 yard.

Originally posted by valrod33:
2 of the worst loses in candlestick history have happened the last 2 years and Alex Smith was not the QB in either of those games

Which was the other one brah?
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Which was the other one brah?

Atlanta Falcons Brah.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO FALL INTO THE TRAP THAT OTHER TEAMS HAVE AFTER LOSING TO THE BUCS:

No one respects us, so every team we've beaten have committed psychological suicide as far as their self esteem.

Don't fall for it. The reason our last-ranked rush d shined today s BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TO IMPROVE IT. What you don't realize is that their were a lot of new stunts that were used along the D-Line against ya'll.

So there would have been an improvement in QB pressure and run-stopping no matter who we would have played today...

Of course, I'm pleasantly surprised with the 6 sacks and < 70yds from Gore...

But we've known our weaknesses all along, that's why this week we've made even more adjustments....

Oh, and by the way, we no longer run the Tampa 2. Haven't for quite some time. We run a T2 hybrid...

I'm trying to feed you guys this crow as pleasantly as possible. So I won't tell you to kiss my a**, but you still have to do some rear-kissing so...

lol

[ Edited by DeepPewterC on Nov 21, 2010 at 18:45:33 ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

That isn't damage control. Carr would get killed. Then you'd have to put Alex in anyway.

We aren't getting anything for Alex. He is a free agent.

If damage control is the object. Good luck to these clowns who would try it, ain't no QB on this roster going to control the damage. Ain't no TEAM on this roster going to control the damage.

The only way to do damage control is to give the appearance you have control. Starting AS does not do that and probably won't accomplish anything by the timem it is all said and done.

Ain't no playing AS going to control this damage... If I am the niner's, playing AS doesn't even come close to damage control...the only thing is does is make it worse by reminding everyone how rudderless my ship is.

One week your going with the hot hand, the next week you are not. Which one is it?

The niner's are f**ked, the best way forward, the only way that will have any effect of damage control is for them is to start making it clear which direction their ship is going to steer. I would, fire Sing, and whoever takes over make it clear you are looking for another QB besides AS to lead this team forward. You do that by keeping AS on the bench and having presser's whereby when the questions arise you make your case that you are unequivocally looking for a new path for the offense which includes a QB that can get the job done. You can't be laying that s**t out there with any credibility if you are playing AS at the same time. You can get away with it with any other QB on the roster starting, but you can't with AS. Everybody will question the credibility of what you are saying.

You gotta started building some credibility, you gotta start making it clear the team is going to change course, you cannot credibly do that with AS starting. No way in hell.
Originally posted by DeepPewterC:
BE CAREFUL NOT TO FALL INTO THE TRAP THAT OTHER TEAMS HAVE AFTER LOSING TO THE BUCS:

No one respects us, so every team we've beaten have committed psychological suicide as far as their self esteem.

Don't fall for it. The reason our last-ranked rush d shined today s BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN WORKING TO IMPROVE IT. What you don't realize is that their were a lot of new stunts that were used along the D-Line against ya'll.

So there would have been an improvement in QB pressure and run-stopping no matter who we would have played today...

Of course, I'm pleasantly surprised with the 6 sacks and < 70yds from Gore...

But we've known our weaknesses all along, that's why this week we've made even more adjustments....

Oh, and by the way, we no longer run the Tampa 2. Haven't for quite some time. We run a T2 hybrid...

I'm trying to feed you guys this crow as pleasantly as possible. So I won't tell you to kiss my a**, but you still have to do some rear-kissing so...

lol

we lost...yea......sucks....BEWARE OF THE RAVEN!
Share 49ersWebzone