LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 412 users in the forums

If the golden scenario happens...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If the golden scenario happens...

Depressing that this question even needs to be asked... but I can see the justification in asking.

I'll be ecstatic if this golden scenario happens. I love the draft as much as anyone, but c'mon... Take the wins over any draft spot or coach preference.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Depressing that this question even needs to be asked... but I can see the justification in asking.

I'll be ecstatic if this golden scenario happens. I love the draft as much as anyone, but c'mon... Take the wins over any draft spot or coach preference.

That's kind of what we've been doing the last 5 years or so, it's worked out quite well.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

That's kind of what we've been doing the last 5 years or so, it's worked out quite well.

So really, what is the alternative? To throw in the towel and deliberately lose games? Maybe just go out there and kneel the ball each offensive down? Have the defense stand up at the snap and just walk out of the way?

How would we as fans feel about them taking these next 8 games and just rolling over? It's embarrassing enough to be 2-6, but at least we can say we were a few horrible plays away from being 5-3. Maybe it is best to lose out and get a better draft spot + coach, but I'll never support throwing my hands up and being a quitter.
6 posters would be upset because we win 9 games.
ya.. too bad were going 5-11
Bill Walsh had three bad years out of ten with the last one coming after a sb win. This is sings second full year and you guys are just so ready to can him. I will say that his bone headed plan of running the ball all day long will get us nowhere, and watching troy play if they open up the passing game things will happen for us.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walsh_%28American_football_coach%29
[ Edited by anubis5 on Nov 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM ]
I voted to win of course... I remember when Nolan had a suggestion box, and one of the suggestions that was put in was something to the effect of "Fire yourself" or something to that nature.
It was reported today that Percy Harvin nearly got into a physical altercation with Brad Childress.

When it comes to Singletary, I dont think there's ever been a wider disconnect between how the fans feel about Singletary (well at least the vocal fans on message boards), and how the players feel about Singletary...I mean if he was as bad of a coach as this board purports him to be, there almost certainly would have been a prominent player disparage him, or you would be able to see lack of effort on the field.

Season definitely hasn't gone the way we like so far, but I'm proud that the team is still fightin, and hasn't thrown in the towel just yet.
I know many of you guys hate to read anything over three sentences (ADS?), but for those willing to make the effort, I highly recommend Bill Walsh's "Building a Champion." After reading it, ask your self: "If Singletary was to write a book, how long would it be, and what words of wisdom would it contain?" The comparison would be astoundingly different.

My point, gentlemen, is that if you ever want this franchise to ascend to dominence again, it will take a cerebral and exceptional HC. Anything less will produce disappointing results. It is that simple.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
If we finish the season by winning 9 in row and Troy Smith is the QB for all nine wins that's fantastic. We would have found ourselves a QB.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I know many of you guys hate to read anything over three sentences (ADS?), but for those willing to make the effort, I highly recommend Bill Walsh's "Building a Champion." After reading it, ask your self: "If Singletary was to write a book, how long would it be, and what words of wisdom would it contain?" The comparison would be astoundingly different.

My point, gentlemen, is that if you ever want this franchise to ascend to dominence again, it will take a cerebral and exceptional HC. Anything less will produce disappointing results. It is that simple.

Read it.

So you are saying that only cerebral HCs prosper in the NFL? Interesting theory.

If we get 9 wins and Troy Smith is the qb

I wouldnt be mad

I think Coach Singletary would get fired anyways and Alex Smith will be gone.
YEAHH!!!........false hope still lives
Originally posted by ads_2006:
If we get 9 wins and Troy Smith is the qb

I wouldnt be mad

I think Coach Singletary would get fired anyways and Alex Smith will be gone.

Agreed! I don't think a 9-7 record, nor entry into the playoffs will save Sing's job. His termination would only be repealed if we make it all the way to the NFC championship or Superbowl, both of which are very unlikely.

While I hope we finish 7-1 with the remaining games, I am just going to watch with not expecting much. With Sing at the helm, this teams constantly finds new creative wways to lose.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I will be very happy, and very surprised.

I want Sing to be gone but I'd rather the team win. If they win and he stays, maybe he'll actually learn from his mistakes. Who knows? Lots of good coaches start out poorly.

that said, lets worry about that when/if it happens.
he hasn't even learned from his recent mistakes yet...a lot of good coaches know something about the X's and O's...I don't doubt that he will learn those things someday but if he wanna keep his HC job at the niners, he should start learning immediatelly.
[ Edited by communist on Nov 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM ]
You lost me at 9 wins. Didn't read the rest.

Share 49ersWebzone