If the golden scenario happens...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If the golden scenario happens...

• Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
35 - 0

Giants!!!

so much for qwest's homefield advantage!
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
X amount of wins will not make Sing a good coach. Don't know if Jed understands that though.

But then the question becomes can he BECOME a good coach? I'm rooting for this team regardless and think/hope they make the playoffs this season. No matter how
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Even if we make the playoffs, Sing is gone.

This better be true. I would hate for the 49ers to hand Singletary another year when it is so obvious that he's a terrible coach.

However, if the 49ers made the playoffs I'd be absolutely ecstatic. To be realistic, I don't think it will be happening but seriously... after watching the other NFC West teams this week and over the course of the year... Who knows. I feel like it's the Rams' to win lol crazy.

If we keep Sing after the year I lose all hope in our franchise due to the ineptitude in the front office.
No way we win out. We won't beat GB, and I'll be shocked if we beat SD. So that puts us at 8-8 at best, and that's also assuming we don't f**k up another game. Err... doesn't look good at all, but I'm hoping.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No way we win out. We won't beat GB, and I'll be shocked if we beat SD. So that puts us at 8-8 at best, and that's also assuming we don't f**k up another game. Err... doesn't look good at all, but I'm hoping.

We definitely won't grab a win at GB, but SD is a high possibility, it all depends upon how 'real' Troy Smith turns out to be for us. If Troy becomes the "chosen one", we have a shot at going 5-1 in the rest of the division (and at this point, 7-9 could be enough to win the NFC West lol).
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

We definitely won't grab a win at GB, but SD is a high possibility, it all depends upon how 'real' Troy Smith turns out to be for us. If Troy becomes the "chosen one", we have a shot at going 5-1 in the rest of the division (and at this point, 7-9 could be enough to win the NFC West lol).

I agree for the most part. It's just that I don't like the idea of playing San Diego away, and especially when it looks like they might have found themselves late in the season again. If Troy Smith doesn't play well though, all of our miracle scenarios have no shot.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
you're a f**king idiot if you voted "upset" and you should contact a mod immediately and tell them to ban your screen name. your kind of fandom in not wanted in these parts.
Originally posted by boast:
you're a f**king idiot if you voted "upset" and you should contact a mod immediately and tell them to ban your screen name. your kind of fandom in not wanted in these parts.

Its amazing we might be 1 game behind after Rams game.
Originally posted by DominantQE:
Its amazing we might be 1 game behind after Rams game.

Originally posted by redmanc07:
X amount of wins will not make Sing a good coach. Don't know if Jed understands that though.

But then the question becomes can he BECOME a good coach? I'm rooting for this team regardless and think/hope they make the playoffs this season. No matter how

If Sing comes back to 9-7 AND makes the playoffs, he will keep his job. Even wo a postseason birth, a 9-7 will lead York to keep him. I hate to say it fellas, but this aint the 80s and DeBartolos not steering the ship. Expectations are low. For Sing, given everything hes done wrong, to pull back and win 7 of 8 w a 3rd string qb qill lead York to give him a chance atleast midway thru the nxt season. York loves Sing, sadly Sing is the only star of that era who gives that family any respect anymore.
Originally posted by rominjoe:

If Sing comes back to 9-7 AND makes the playoffs, he will keep his job. Even wo a postseason birth, a 9-7 will lead York to keep him. I hate to say it fellas, but this aint the 80s and DeBartolos not steering the ship. Expectations are low. For Sing, given everything hes done wrong, to pull back and win 7 of 8 w a 3rd string qb qill lead York to give him a chance atleast midway thru the nxt season. York loves Sing, sadly Sing is the only star of that era who gives that family any respect anymore.

Agreed, but in order for the miracle scenario to happen, the Niners would have to win a majority of the games. We have not been able to demonstrate that at any point in the last 8 years. So if Troy Smith can give consistent wins for the last 8 games and we miraculously make the playoffs, it means that the offense finally got out of its own way and Singletary's and Raye's influence on offense will finally be gone. So in essence, we would have a winning team with great momentum going into the playoffs with playmakers at each offensive skill position. And still probably draft Mallet or Ponder or Locker later in the first round. I do think its inevitable that we get another 1st round qb.

Go Troy Smith, go Niners.

Side note: had a perfect day in terms of the other teams, and the specific ways both the Seahawks and Cardinals lost. Perfect!
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 7, 2010 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by rominjoe:

Agreed, but in order for the miracle scenario to happen, the Niners would have to win a majority of the games. We have not been able to demonstrate that at any point in the last 8 years. So if Troy Smith can give consistent wins for the last 8 games and we miraculously make the playoffs, it means that the offense finally got out of its own way and Singletary's and Raye's influence on offense will finally be gone. So in essence, we would have a winning team with great momentum going into the playoffs with playmakers at each offensive skill position. And still probably draft Mallet or Ponder or Locker later in the first round. I do think its inevitable that we get another 1st round qb.

Go Troy Smith, go Niners.

Side note: had a perfect day in terms of the other teams, and the specific ways both the Seahawks and Cardinals lost. Perfect!

To me this doesn't make sense. Why is it, if we go on an 8 game winning streak its because Singletary got out of the way? Singletary is not going to tell Troy Smith, "Just do what you want, F the gameplan" We're still a running based team until Troy can show that it would be beneficial to open up the offense for him.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Even if we make the playoffs, Sing is gone.

that would really be the best-case scenario. I hope that happens.
Originally posted by Antix:
I'll take it but both Sing. We win games in spite of him, not because of him.

Pretty much my opinion as well. I really don't see Singletary more than a figure head. I believe that his coordinators do most of the essential elements such as game planning.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone