LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Why Smith Fell Through the Cracks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Kind of disappointed in Troy for heading back to Ohio during the bye week. You would think a guy who has not had many opportunities to show is skills would be working his ass off trying to get better.

I'm sure he took the playbook with him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Kind of disappointed in Troy for heading back to Ohio during the bye week. You would think a guy who has not had many opportunities to show is skills would be working his ass off trying to get better.

Im sure he did but its nothing like on the field work. But oh well its not my career its his.

Im sure he did but its nothing like on the field work. But oh well its not my career its his.

plus, I'm sure all the receivers took off for the week. Oh well, we'll see.
  • dj43

eh, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Alex Smith stayed around SF all the time and look how that worked out.

Sorry, I just had to say that.

Troy needs to learn the plays but also needs to practice with teammates. He can't do that since everyone else has time off as well. While it would be nice if some of the others would stick around as well, I think the best thing that can happen is to home home, savor the win, and hope that things are much better when they return.

plus, I'm sure all the receivers took off for the week. Oh well, we'll see.

What does it matter when the Oline doesn't block (Broken Play)

I heard (in passing) though Troy stayed at least 2 days in the Bay to catch up on classroom work with Mike Johnson (to get a further grasp of the system). -But yeah I agree, Troy should've stayed in the bay and practiced some reps with Jason Hill (who lives locally).

Who knows though, Troy does seem like a guy who has his s**t together, and can get his s**t together (fast) during crunch time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dj43:

eh, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Alex Smith stayed around SF all the time and look how that worked out.

Troy needs to learn the plays but also needs to practice with teammates. He can't do that since everyone else has time off as well. While it would be nice if some of the others would stick around as well, I think the best thing that can happen is to home home, savor the win, and hope that things are much better when they return.

so true on that one. haha

They funny part about that is Jamarcus Russell didnt try and sucked, we have our boy Smith who does everything possible to succeed and still sucks. I wish we had draft Jamarcus instead because the Raiders have already dumped him and are starting to look like a team but we are still stuck in the mud with Alex.

They funny part about that is Jamarcus Russell didnt try and sucked, we have our boy Smith who does everything possible to succeed and still sucks. I wish we had draft Jamarcus instead because the Raiders have already dumped him and are starting to look like a team but we are still stuck in the mud with Alex.

Jamarcus never threw 18 tds in 11 games at the age of 25 though. Alex wasn't nearly as bustish as Jamarcus, so it was hard to gauge what would happen this year.
Well i dont care about the past, I just really want a win this upcoming week. LIke Sing said, dont be a "one game win guy", or sumthin like that.

Trust me, A. Smith put tons of time in, and like some said, just fell the f**k apart.

The two that many feel have the most talent, N. Davis, and T. Smith, just dont put the time in to mastering their craft.

I just dont know why. Maybe we'll never get it. I just hope lack of, doesnt show up on game day.
  • dj43

The Raiders are winning because they are doing other things well, not because of the QB. Having watched several of their games this season, I would say they are winning DESPITE their QB, not because of him. Jason Campbell is NOT good. Campbell is not different than about 12-15 other QBs in the league - below average to mediocre. He looks just terrible much of the time then goes on a spree to complete a few in a row, then falls back again.

This league is full of mediocre QBs. I don't visit a lot of other fan boards but I do watch results and stats. From that I can imagine that the "alex smith" threads that have been going on here are duplicated on about 15 other team boards across the country.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Well i dont care about the past, I just really want a win this upcoming week. LIke Sing said, dont be a "one game win guy", or sumthin like that.

Trust me, A. Smith put tons of time in, and like some said, just fell the f**k apart.

The two that many feel have the most talent, N. Davis, and T. Smith, just dont put the time in to mastering their craft.

I just dont know why. Maybe we'll never get it. I just hope lack of, doesnt show up on game day.

Whoa....lets not start a controversy out of nothing. Nate Davis and Troy Smith's work ethic's aren't even close to similar from what we've gathered so far. Even the players were saying Troy was working feverishly the week leading up to his first start, and even stayed a couple extra days to work with Mike Johnson. Him going home to Ohio to rest, relax, and probably celebrate his opportunity to be the main guy for a franchise should in no way reflect poorly on his work ethic. Throwing passes to Jason Hill at Golden Gate Park isn't gonna help anybody, seeing as Jason Hill is just occupying time till the next real contributor hits the waiver wire.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I would have thought Troy Smith to be a lot smaller than Mike Vick, same size, uh
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I would have thought Troy Smith to be a lot smaller than Mike Vick, same size, uh

is he? same size?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

is he? same size?

T. Smith 6-0 217
M. Vick 6-0 215
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

is he? same size?

T. Smith 6-0 217
M. Vick 6-0 215

Its not the size of the dog its the bite.

oh wait...........
Share 49ersWebzone