There are 131 users in the forums

Why Smith Fell Through the Cracks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
God...this is JTO all over again...

he's the next Montana.
Drew Brees: Height: 6-0 Weight: 209

Troy Smith: Height: 6' 0" , Weight: 217 lbs

If he can play, his height shouldn't be an impediment to winning.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Drew Brees: Height: 6-0 Weight: 209

Troy Smith: Height: 6' 0" , Weight: 217 lbs

If he can play, his height shouldn't be an impediment to winning.

Brees is nothing compared to Troy, how dare you.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Troy has all the tools to be a good NFL QB (I am finally in the bandwagon)! Check out these videos and it's like Deja Vu - some of his plays looked like I was watching the London game over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udne9JTds5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOaA6vQ8DZA&feature=related

If there is one guy that could save Sing's coaching career in SF, it's Troy!
Sing will probably offer one of his daughters to him (to marry) come the end of the season if we make the playoffs, LOL! Because Troy is Sing's final salvation in the NFL!

There is no way Sing should retain his job!!!! He is a horrible coach! Even if Troy does well he should be let go. The level of competition is horrendous the rest of the way and there is a slight possibility he makes the playoffs. Against playoff caliber teams Sing got out coached. Even against non playoff teams he got out coached. With the talent he had on this team there is no way our record should be 2-6 half way through the season. I would rather lose the rest of the games on the schedule if it meant Sing being fired. If we some how manage to make the playoffs and he gets to keep his job I will be pissed!!!
Originally posted by greywolf447:
Troy has all the tools to be a good NFL QB (I am finally in the bandwagon)! Check out these videos and it's like Deja Vu - some of his plays looked like I was watching the London game over again!

Sing will probably offer one of his daughters to him (to marry) come the end of the season if we make the playoffs, LOL! Because Troy is Sing's final salvation in the NFL!

There is no way Sing should retain his job!!!! He is a horrible coach! Even if Troy does well he should be let go. The level of competition is horrendous the rest of the way and there is a slight possibility he makes the playoffs. Against playoff caliber teams Sing got out coached. Even against non playoff teams he got out coached. With the talent he had on this team there is no way our record should be 2-6 half way through the season. I would rather lose the rest of the games on the schedule if it meant Sing being fired. If we some how manage to make the playoffs and he gets to keep his job I will be pissed!!!

This. Barely squeaking into the playoffs in this crapfest division is no accomplishment for this franchise. We clearly have a huge talent advantage over the other teams in the West. The rest of the schedule is pretty cupcake, so we'll definitely accumulate some meaningless wins like we always do, don't be fooled.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Because he was small enough to fit?

wow. that looks atleast like a 6-7 inch difference there between Troy and Joe. Staley is listed at 6'5, I know Troy is 6'0 (maybe even 5'11) but Joe makes Troy look about 5'9-10 there..

Thats the hight difference between me and my friends that are 6'2 + im only 5'6 :/
I was a QB in H.S and ALL my lineman were atleast 4+ inches taller than me

Re-posting this 'cause it was at bottom of page and wanted share, too!

Troy is short. I'm 5' 10''... 5' 11'' on a good day, lulz... and my girlfriend is 4' 11''. In the picture I posted earlier in the thread, it looks like the same height difference between Troy and Staley as when I stand next to my girl. No joke.

If it wasn't for the fact that Troy was measured at the senior bowl in front of scouts at 6', I might not believe it.

EDIT

P.S. Asked my girl her opinion of the picture and she agreed.
[ Edited by Wodwo on Nov 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM ]
The man has been in big games and he's produced. If he plays long enough his shortcomings (no pun intended) will come to the surface. He has good energy and throws a tight spiral. He has a feel of the pocket and what's around him. Give him a shot and if he doesn't produce then let Nate Davis a chance. But the key factor is that Singletary must go.
I watched the kid play in college and i'm pretty impressed with him, let's hope he continues to play at the level in which he played in the fourth quarter of the Broncos game.
p.s. I hate sing

The 60 yard throw were the pocket breaks down and he starts to sramble to his right does a 360 throws the ball 60 yards. I'm on 6-2 can get the job done with throwing lanes and feet and mobility but man it's his accuracy that amazed me most he looks cool running out of the pocket and is money when he does.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Because he was small enough to fit?

wow. that looks atleast like a 6-7 inch difference there between Troy and Joe. Staley is listed at 6'5, I know Troy is 6'0 (maybe even 5'11) but Joe makes Troy look about 5'9-10 there..

Thats the hight difference between me and my friends that are 6'2 + im only 5'6 :/
I was a QB in H.S and ALL my lineman were atleast 4+ inches taller than me

Re-posting this 'cause it was at bottom of page and wanted share, too!

Troy is short. I'm 5' 10''... 5' 11'' on a good day, lulz... and my girlfriend is 4' 11''. In the picture I posted earlier in the thread, it looks like the same height difference between Troy and Staley as when I stand next to my girl. No joke.

If it wasn't for the fact that Troy was measured at the senior bowl in front of scouts at 6', I might not believe it.

EDIT

P.S. Asked my girl her opinion of the picture and she agreed.

Well, I don't want to disagree with your girl, but an NFL helmet measures 9 1/2 in. vertically. In the picture, Smith has two bent legs and Staley is on a straightened left leg, but Smith is a foot or two closer to the camera, so those factors nearly balance each other out. But, Smith's helmet comes about halfway up Staley's and that equals about 4 or 5 inches (Staley is 6'5"). Hence, 6' seems about right by the photo (nothing close to a full foot shorter).
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 6, 2010 at 10:58 PM ]

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Well, I don't want to disagree with your girl, but an NFL helmet measures 9 1/2 in. vertically. In the picture, Smith has two bent legs and Staley is on a straightened left leg, but Smith is a foot or two closer to the camera, so those factors nearly balance each other out. But, Smith's helmet comes about halfway up Staley's and that equals about 4 or 5 inches (Staley is 6'5"). Hence, 6' seems about right by the photo (nothing close to a full foot shorter).

Well, you just did disagree, so now I have to hunt you down, skin you, and wear your skin around town dressed like a girl.

Hehe....

I know Troy is 6' tall. It's well documented and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know how to do research.

The picture just makes him look smaller than he really is. I can rest my chin level on my girl's head. Looks like Staley could do that if Troy took off his helmet. Wouldn't that just be the sweetest thing you ever saw? It could only be made perfect if Vernon then came up behind Troy and kissed him on the neck. Now that would show that Troy is a leader!

Umm... I'll be in the bathroom for a few minutes.

Mmmmm.... Ambiguity.
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Well, you just did disagree, so now I have to hunt you down, skin you, and wear your skin around town dressed like a girl.

Hehe....

I know Troy is 6' tall. It's well documented and anyone who says otherwise doesn't know how to do research.

The picture just makes him look smaller than he really is. I can rest my chin level on my girl's head. Looks like Staley could do that if Troy took off his helmet. Wouldn't that just be the sweetest thing you ever saw? It could only be made perfect if Vernon then came up behind Troy and kissed him on the neck. Now that would show that Troy is a leader!

Umm... I'll be in the bathroom for a few minutes.

Mmmmm.... Ambiguity.

I thought you said you had a girlfriend man
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Mmmmm.... Ambiguity.

You don't know what I'm doing in the bathroom. Face could look like your first smiley.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Mmmmm.... Ambiguity.

You don't know what I'm doing in the bathroom. Face could look like your first smiley.

This is true
Troy has talent but lacks "NFL Size" so what, so does drew Brees and jeff Garcia! So I guess he fell through the cracks because he is very tiny, but I hope he's more like and Umpa-Lumpa, small be able to get the job done!
Share 49ersWebzone