LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Why Smith Fell Through the Cracks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Troy has all the tools to be a good NFL QB (I am finally in the bandwagon)! Check out these videos and it's like Deja Vu - some of his plays looked like I was watching the London game over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udne9JTds5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOaA6vQ8DZA&feature=related

If there is one guy that could save Sing's coaching career in SF, it's Troy!
Sing will probably offer one of his daughters to him (to marry) come the end of the season if we make the playoffs, LOL! Because Troy is Sing's final salvation in the NFL!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He reminds me of a shorter Donavon McNabb. Obviously, fell through because of his height.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Prediction.

Troy will play decent but it still wont be enough to save Sing.
Height.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Because he was small enough to fit?

[ Edited by Wodwo on Nov 6, 2010 at 3:47 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Prediction.

I hope to god this is true. If Troy does great and saves Sings job... it's like... I can't go through this AGAIN.

Singletary must be fired at the end of the season.

Plus, even if Troy Smith does good, who's to say he still starts with A. Smith comes back? By my count, Singletary goes with his original guys NO MATTER WHAT. Change is bad for mean ole 85 Singletary.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Prediction.

I hope to god this is true. If Troy does great and saves Sings job... it's like... I can't go through this AGAIN.

Singletary must be fired at the end of the season.

I agree with you.
Nice videos!
Mike Singeltary shoulda looked troy smith up on youtube.

I know it's just college ball, but in one of those videos it brought up his td and int statistics. It was 54-12. That is a pretty damn good ratio even with it being in college.

Troy Smith possesses multiple qualities and attributes that none of our other quarterbacks have. His confidence is far superior to that of Alex's, which is obvious. I can't believe they have the same swagger rating in madden.lol His mobility and pocket presence can be seen in those highlights and in the game we just saw last week. His leadership ability is tremendous. He can make plays running and passing. He utilizes the pump fake, which is a tool that many great quarterbacks have excelled at, and Alex Smith has never really used, which is why a lot of his passes have been batted down at the line of scrimmage.

Also Troy has very good arm strength and I think he is pretty accurate. I'm not aware yet of how well he reads defenses and how good he is at going through his progression. I remember one knock on him coming out was that he had the tendency of staring down his receivers and locking in on one guy. However, against the Broncos It seemed that he was going through his progression and one thing I really liked was how he kept his eyes down the field when scrambling. Hopefully he can show some consistency and not be the bipolar type of quarterback that Alex has been. It would be sexy as hell if we picked up a gem and somehow troy smith turns out to be the black drew brees. You never know. he's got some talent and seems to have the determination. I'm not crowning him as anything, I'm just being optimistic and saying its possible that he could become a really good quarterback.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
God...this is JTO all over again...

Originally posted by Antix:
God...this is JTO all over again...

lol
Originally posted by English:
Height.

This

Smith was amazing in college and got looked over for his height. But if I could point out the best QB the team has had since Steve Young was Jeff Garcia who was not exactly a giant.

Smith potentially has more skills than Garcia by a mile and if he can get the team behind him I will jump on the Troy Smith bandwagon. I really like his confidence against the pass rush, he knows he can exscape slower pass rushers and keeps looking up field. With the weapons he has someone will get open.
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Troy has all the tools to be a good NFL QB (I am finally in the bandwagon)! Check out these videos and it's like Deja Vu - some of his plays looked like I was watching the London game over again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udne9JTds5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOaA6vQ8DZA&feature=related

If there is one guy that could save Sing's coaching career in SF, it's Troy!
Sing will probably offer one of his daughters to him (to marry) come the end of the season if we make the playoffs, LOL! Because Troy is Sing's final salvation in the NFL!

Dream on dude. You really think sing will save his job. I said this on a previous post. We should have lost to denver. Were you watching the game? 2 touchdowns called back. WE GOT LUCKY. Troy smith is not our savior. We will not win the west and screw kordell stewart. We will not beat both the rams and tampa let alone arizona away(they have been earmarking that game) and then greenbay. Try 2-4 if were lucky. Please though feel free to grasp to anything positive that this team does and think all of a sudden there playoff bound. THe only on who fell through the crack is you. Put the pipe down!!!!!
Originally posted by b9er37:
Height.

This

Smith was amazing in college and got looked over for his height. But if I could point out the best QB the team has had since Steve Young was Jeff Garcia who was not exactly a giant.

Smith potentially has more skills than Garcia by a mile and if he can get the team behind him I will jump on the Troy Smith bandwagon. I really like his confidence against the pass rush, he knows he can exscape slower pass rushers and keeps looking up field. With the weapons he has someone will get open.

I like Troy.

Remember what McMahon called Flutie? America's favorite midget!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I like Troy.

Remember what McMahon called Flutie? America's favorite midget!

Awesome.

Srsly, though.... Troy is short. I'm 5' 10''... 5' 11'' on a good day, lulz... and my girlfriend is 4' 11'. In the picture I posted earlier in the thread, it looks like the same height difference between Troy and Staley as when I stand next to my girl. No joke.

If it wasn't for the fact that Troy was measured at the senior bowl in front of scouts at 6', I might not believe it.
Share 49ersWebzone