LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Denver Broncos)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Antix:
Good.

Troy Smith made some nice plays, and most importantly no mistakes.

Gore beasted

Manny Lawson needs to stay on our team, but unfortunately he won't

Pass rush was good for a change.

Bad.

Secondary is horrible. When Sing leaves he should just take Goldson with him because that guy tackles like my little sister.

Playcalling. Running the ball is okay, but dammit there are more places to go but straight up the middle. We went up the middle 3 times in a row at least 2-3 times in the game, that is just stupid.

Sing hasn't been fired yet.

I'm pretty sure we will be able to resign him if we don't resign Goldson. Lawson will be cheaper and he is a better player. It's a no brainer to me.
Sing just named Troy the starter for the next game I think.
Same retard gameplan, only difference is Troy Smith balled in the clutch.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:44 PM ]
btw that was a damn big, and nice stadium
I been living in europe for 3 years now.. and from watching some great soccer games i gotta tell ya there are some nice stadiums out here, Camp Nou in Barcelona is even bigger I think... i would love to see some more football in Europe... maybe a whole devision out here and to play the playoffs and some regular season games in the NFL.. i dunno.. its up to Roger..
Originally posted by verb1der:
I just heared the most stupid explanation why Dixon was in on the crucial 3rd down.

Just to get fresh legs in.
WTF??
Your best RB in the most crucial situation in the game is getting a rest?

WTF???

Give Frank a rest during the game and not when you need one first down to run out the clock!
Notes / Thoughts:

1) No sacks allowed.

2) Ok, we're all on Gore's jock, but when he goes for 100 yards over THREE consecutive weeks, that's on the offensive line as well. Well done.

3) If our young guys on the offensive line are struggling with pass protection, a QB with mobility a la Troy Smith might be the answer.

4) The 9ers players are exuding more SINCERE confidence and trust in Troy Smith than with Alex in command.

5) God, besides Spencer, our secondary is BAD.

6) Yes, give Lawson a contract extension. Just heard his post-game interview. He's the same ol' Manny - sincere, charming, polite, hardworking.

7) During Lawson's post-game interview, he jokingly said, "I don't even wanna get into the mood / atmosphere of the guys in the locker room." I don't think he was referring to just the losing. I think Singletary has really lost this team. He's good as gone. On that note, if we have a dysfunctional father as a coach, this team needs a TRUE LEADER at the quarterback position. Might it be Troy Smith?

8) A. Franklin is getting into mid-season form. THIS is REALLY helping our front seven.

9) No turnovers.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Troy missed a lot of easy throws, should have trusted him more too though and made nice plays with feet and came up big when it counted B- and Gore was beast as always. Ginn should be used more for his speed and our Secondary is trash. J Smith still beast on D and Lawson is earning his extension now just not what he wants to get payed.

Sing needs to trust the Qbs more and let us air it out thats what we are a finesse team. Westbrook needs more play time as he has proven every time he has the ball. O line play was decent but needs lots of improvement still. Willis was everywhere too.
Sorry if already talked about, but why was Dixon in at the end of the game instead of Frankie?

If someone told me before the season that we would have more wins than the Cowboys this far into the season, I would think we would only have at most 2 losses.
I missed the game running errands with the wife. Kept tabs of the game via phone. Came back and saw all these FB comments about how bad the coaching was. I like the end result, but can someone summarize the coaching incompetence for someone that missed the game? Gracias
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Fire Singletary.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I missed the game running errands with the wife. Kept tabs of the game via phone. Came back and saw all these FB comments about how bad the coaching was. I like the end result, but can someone summarize the coaching incompetence for someone that missed the game? Gracias

It was no different than all the other games this year.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Share 49ersWebzone