LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 333 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Denver Broncos)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mike Johnson sucks as an OC. He tried to give the game away with his phaggot play calling.

Mike Johnson's playbook:

120 pages of Draws
88 pages of screens
1 crumbled up post it note with a pass play that someone spilled coffee on.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I missed the game running errands with the wife. Kept tabs of the game via phone. Came back and saw all these FB comments about how bad the coaching was. I like the end result, but can someone summarize the coaching incompetence for someone that missed the game? Gracias

It was an extremely milquetoast game plan. They didn't want to expose Smith so there was a ton of Gore between the tackles, even by our standards. Gore played very well and made it work somehow.

The play calling did have its moments, a nice naked bootleg for a TD was employed to take advantage of Smith's wheels, but overall there were very few highlights amid an ocean of Gore between the tackles.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I missed the game running errands with the wife. Kept tabs of the game via phone. Came back and saw all these FB comments about how bad the coaching was. I like the end result, but can someone summarize the coaching incompetence for someone that missed the game? Gracias

It was no different than all the other games this year.

at one point we had 22 runs and like 10 pass attempts. Troy Smith stepped up in the clutch where usually Alex would throw the pick to guarantee the loss.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Same retard gameplan, only difference is defense finally held in the end.

Fixed.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Mike Johnson sucks as an OC. He tried to give the game away with his phaggot play calling.

Mike Johnson's playbook:

120 pages of Draws
88 pages of screens

lol, that's pretty accurate.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Mike Johnson's playbook:

120 pages of Draws
88 pages of screens

Don't blame him, it's on Singletary.
And remember we just played one of the worst teams in the NFL!
Please don't let the York's think Sing has turned the corner, Fire Him now!
By the way the Rams who we play soon beat the team that beat us, Panthers by 10 points, and remember they were winless when we played them! We are still in deep as our secondary gave up 169 yards receiving to Brandon Lloyd! UGH!!!!
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

It was no different than all the other games this year.

at one point we had 22 runs and like 10 pass attempts. Troy Smith stepped up in the clutch where David Carr would've throw the pick to guarantee the loss.

There wasn't coaching incompetence...they just wanted the coaching staff to let Troy Smith throw the ball 35 times today despite his unfamiliarity with the system, the players, and the team overall.

We're going against one of the worst run defenses, and they want to air it out, as if getting into a shootout with one of the top ranked passing offenses instead of ball control and time management is the smartest thing to do.
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:

There wasn't coaching incompetence...they just wanted the coaching staff to let Troy Smith throw the ball 35 times today despite his unfamiliarity with the system, the players, and the team overall.

We're going against one of the worst run defenses, and they want to air it out, as if getting into a shootout with one of the top ranked passing offenses instead of ball control and time management is the smartest thing to do.

Singletary approves of this message.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
"btw that was a damn big, and nice stadium"

Maybe that can be the Niners new home stadium?

Yea too bad we cant air mail it here to sf lol
Originally posted by niners94:

Mike Johnson's playbook:

120 pages of Draws
88 pages of screens

Singletary sucks but he's not calling the plays brah. He probably agrees with the plays but he's not calling them.
I really dont care how anymore I just want to win
I loved that Troy Smith stared down the safety on the touchdown pass to Crabtree. That is what a QB is supposed to do. I don't know that I've ever seen Alex not stare down his receivers. This guy is instinctive and creates plays. I'm not going to crown him but he has promise.
Originally posted by niners94:

Mike Johnson's playbook:

120 pages of Draws
88 pages of screens

Singletary sucks but he's not calling the plays brah. He probably agrees with the plays but he's not calling them.

Once again, he's doing what Singletary wants. I'm sure he wants to get more creative, but Singletary won't let him.
Share 49ersWebzone