would you rather the niners stay in SF under same management

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
What on earth is going on in California? Twenty years ago, when I left the state, the North hated the South and vice versa. Everyone was happy in their mutual loathing and it was a great thing for California sports.

This talk of moving the team south, by NorCal fans, no less, is dumbfounding. Has the Bay Area become so flaccid and wishy-washy that it can't agree to hate LA? Even just a little bit?

Hate LA, uhh newsflash the sacremento kings were buried almost a decade ago by the lakers, we dont even consider it a rilvary anymore, no one hates the golden state warriors because theyre from nor cal, thats stupid. Excuse me if I dont wanna run up to sf so i can shell out $1800 a month for a 500 sq foot apartment on a 45degree angle hill (no offense to sf, its a very nice place, one of my favorite places. and if i could afford to live comortably there i probably would. But LA hate for no reason is uneccessary, ok if your a giants fan and u hate the dodgers, fine, but all I know is I hear california support coming from dodgers fans who would rather see the cali team bring it home)

Well said. The NorCal insecurity and are their imagined "rivalries with SoCal are tiresome to hear about.

When I'm in LA, for instance, I never hear anyone there hating on NorCal or SF. They make vacation plans to go there and rave about how much they love it.

Plenty of LA fans root for NFL teams in the North (Raiders and the Niners), and no one hates the freakin' Warriors. They only smirk at the Kings.

I'm 5th generation bay area and I went to college in LA. I know and like both areas a lot.

But I hate the hell out of all LA sports teams because the NorCal, SoCal rivalry is as good as any regional rivalry in sports. And yeah, even though I'm a warriors fan, I rooted like hell for the kings over the lakers. That was when I was living in LA and everyone with their damn laker flags on their escalades drove me nuts!

I hope the Rams move back to LA so I can hate them as much as I used to.

And I hope all the Dodgers fans are hating watching the Giants in the world series as much as I hated watching the Dodgers when they were there.

You don't have to hate LA to hate their sports teams. And you don't have think that because people up here hate the teams down there we all hate LA in general.

Thank you. I can't stand teams from LA. Rams moving to LA will be perfect. We can drive down to the game and I can hate them even more.

f**k all the LA teams! No way 49ers move to LA - Bay Area loves them.
I would rather support the oakland raiders than the la 49ers. And I hate hate hate the raiders. I just despise everything about la. And all of you people from la, lay off my niners and get your own damn team.
At least the games won't be blacked out in the north bay like they will eventually become with the Yorks running this franchise.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
LA can't support a football team...and especially a team that's losing. I mean, our team has played like s**t for last 8 years and not one black-out. Not a lot of cities can continue to support a team year after year like that. Niners are special to the bay area and any owner will have to be a total moron to move this team.

There has been alot of blackouts
I think the whole NorCal v. SoCal thing matters a lot more to people in NorCal. I grew up in SoCal and live in NorCal now. No one down there even talks about a rivalry outside of Giants-Dodgers. Plus, you hardly ever see people with stickers, shirts, and other random crap that says "SoCal" on them like you do up here with the "NorCal" crap.
[ Edited by BringBackTO on Oct 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
LA can't support a football team...and especially a team that's losing. I mean, our team has played like s**t for last 8 years and not one black-out. Not a lot of cities can continue to support a team year after year like that. Niners are special to the bay area and any owner will have to be a total moron to move this team.

WHEN?
Originally posted by 49erRider:

WHEN?

i black out nearly every sunday when I attempt to drink away my Niners related sorrow.
What kind of fake Niner fan would want them to move to LA? !@#$ LA!! You're not a real san franciscan or niner fan if you want them to move to LA. Go root for the Dodgers too. losers.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Oct 30, 2010 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
and be horrible forever or have them be bought by magic johnson and moved to LA? this could easily happen. it looks like everytime we are close to building a stadium in SF, for some reason it gets postponed and im not sure if you guys have heard, but magic johnson is looking to bring a team to LA.

so my question is, would you rather the niners stay in SF and horrible or move to LA and build another dynasty?

We're a competent coaching staff and a QB away from being a playoff team. That can be fixed in one off-season.

And you really think that Magic Johnson is going to run an elite football team? He could be just as bad or worse than the Yorks.
I'd rather have the Yorks start to lose money and decide to dump the team back off to Eddie DeBartolo. That has just as much of a chance of happening as Magic Johnson buying the team and moving it to LA.

But but but dood!!!!11 Then Kim Kardashian could give Patrick Willis some STDs, and Jack Nicholson would be at teh games! Because obviously having an old famous actor makes your team better! Oh and don't forget that they could get a lot of bandwagon fans, who know nothing about football, but think they're really cool because they follow a team from LA! Yes that would be so AWESOME!

f**k LA.

Since Magic is busy and has actual stuff to do, I would think he would hire a real GM and other actual football people to run the team. So, yes he would do a better job than the Yorks. Actually, so would you and I, almost any of us (the exceptions being anyone who bought into Sing once they heard about his philosophy. Of course, those would be the Yorks....).

Young York has time to meddle and play football owner. He sleeps in a bed that looks like a helmet, on sheets that have little footballs imprinted on them. His dreams are of catching the winning pass...but then he wakes up to tapes of Singletary's deep voice motivating him to eat a balanced breakfast, brushing his teeth and facing the day with unearned optimism.

What we need is for some ninja guy to sneak in subliminal tapes, in Sing's voice of course, telling him to "sell, sell, sell..."
double post.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Oct 31, 2010 at 5:35 AM ]
The 49ers would cease to be the 49ers if they moved to L.A. They couldn't keep the team name because the L.A. 49ers makes no sense, since the California Gold Rush belongs to the Bay Area. Once you lose the name, you lose the history that went with the team.

When I think of the Tennessee Titans I don't think Houston Oilers. When I think of the Baltimore Ravens I don't think of the Browns. When I think of the L.A. Desert Rats, I don't think of the 49ers. Moving the team to L.A. and changing the name would kill the franchise literally. I don't know any true fan who would want that.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Oct 31, 2010 at 5:35 AM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The 49ers would cease to be the 49ers if they moved to L.A. They couldn't keep the team name because the L.A. 49ers makes no sense, since the California Gold Rush belongs to the Bay Area. Once you lose the name, you lose the history that went with the team.

When I think of the Tennessee Titans I don't think Houston Oilers. When I think of the Baltimore Ravens I don't think of the Browns. When I think of the L.A. Desert Rats, I don't think of the 49ers. Moving the team to L.A. and changing the name would kill the franchise literally. I don't know any true fan who would want that.

Bulls**t. It's up to the owners and the league.

Besides, Tennessee Oilers didn't make sense either, but the Titans got the Oilers' history. Just because they can't keep the name doesn't mean they can't keep the history. The trophies will still belong to LA.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

This.

If they move, they have to change the name of the team. Anything else would be stupid.

So, I'll stick with current management rather than lose my team.
Share 49ersWebzone