There are 277 users in the forums

would you rather the niners stay in SF under same management

Shop Find 49ers gear online
and be horrible forever or have them be bought by magic johnson and moved to LA? this could easily happen. it looks like everytime we are close to building a stadium in SF, for some reason it gets postponed and im not sure if you guys have heard, but magic johnson is looking to bring a team to LA.

so my question is, would you rather the niners stay in SF and horrible or move to LA and build another dynasty?
  • evil
  • Veteran
I'd rather they stay in SF and just win baby!
Originally posted by KRS-1:

obviously they havent been able to do it for the past 8 years
i would probably stop watching if they moved out of the bay area.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

obviously they havent been able to do it for the past 8 years

And....that does not mean we are doomed. Franchises can go through ups and downs. This franchise will rise again.
What do you think man? Most niner fans that don't live in So Cal would despise the team if they moved there.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
and be horrible forever or have them be bought by magic johnson and moved to LA? this could easily happen. it looks like everytime we are close to building a stadium in SF, for some reason it gets postponed and im not sure if you guys have heard, but magic johnson is looking to bring a team to LA.

so my question is, would you rather the niners stay in SF and horrible or move to LA and build another dynasty?

no.

-9fA
I've supported this team through 8 miserable seasons, through Erikson and Donahue. Through Nolan and McCloughan. I've gone to every home game during that stretch, shelling out thousands and thousands of dollars. I've stuck by this team through it's worst stretch in franchise history and will continue to do so as long as they remain in the bay area.

But if they move to LA, then they would no longer be my team. I'd be done with them. Period.
What on earth is going on in California? Twenty years ago, when I left the state, the North hated the South and vice versa. Everyone was happy in their mutual loathing and it was a great thing for California sports.

This talk of moving the team south, by NorCal fans, no less, is dumbfounding. Has the Bay Area become so flaccid and wishy-washy that it can't agree to hate LA? Even just a little bit?
would be a dream come true for me, id actually be able to see them live without a six hour drive, not to mention they'd have their own station so they'd be on tv every week. Im in southern cali and fox shows the cowboys or the eagles every week, wtf. id like to watch a 49er game that i dont have to stream off the freakin internet.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
What on earth is going on in California? Twenty years ago, when I left the state, the North hated the South and vice versa. Everyone was happy in their mutual loathing and it was a great thing for California sports.

This talk of moving the team south, by NorCal fans, no less, is dumbfounding. Has the Bay Area become so flaccid and wishy-washy that it can't agree to hate LA? Even just a little bit?

Hate LA, uhh newsflash the sacremento kings were buried almost a decade ago by the lakers, we dont even consider it a rilvary anymore, no one hates the golden state warriors because theyre from nor cal, thats stupid. Excuse me if I dont wanna run up to sf so i can shell out $1800 a month for a 500 sq foot apartment on a 45degree angle hill (no offense to sf, its a very nice place, one of my favorite places. and if i could afford to live comortably there i probably would. But LA hate for no reason is uneccessary, ok if your a giants fan and u hate the dodgers, fine, but all I know is I hear california support coming from dodgers fans who would rather see the cali team bring it home)
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qwestlove94:

Hate LA, uhh newsflash the sacremento kings were buried almost a decade ago by the lakers, we dont even consider it a rilvary anymore, no one hates the golden state warriors because theyre from nor cal, thats stupid. Excuse me if I dont wanna run up to sf so i can shell out $1800 a month for a 500 sq foot apartment on a 45degree angle hill (no offense to sf, its a very nice place, one of my favorite places. and if i could afford to live comortably there i probably would. But LA hate for no reason is uneccessary, ok if your a giants fan and u hate the dodgers, fine, but all I know is I hear california support coming from dodgers fans who would rather see the cali team bring it home)

Well said. The NorCal insecurity and are their imagined "rivalries with SoCal are tiresome to hear about.

When I'm in LA, for instance, I never hear anyone there hating on NorCal or SF. They make vacation plans to go there and rave about how much they love it.

Plenty of LA fans root for NFL teams in the North (Raiders and the Niners), and no one hates the freakin' Warriors. They only smirk at the Kings.
It's a damned shame the Rams, not the Raiders, left the state. I don't think you guys know what you're missing.

Out of curiosity, were either of you Rams fans?
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 29, 2010 at 4:56 PM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by qwestlove94:

Well said. The NorCal insecurity and are their imagined "rivalries with SoCal are tiresome to hear about.

When I'm in LA, for instance, I never hear anyone there hating on NorCal or SF. They make vacation plans to go there and rave about how much they love it.

Plenty of LA fans root for NFL teams in the North (Raiders and the Niners), and no one hates the freakin' Warriors. They only smirk at the Kings.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i would probably stop watching if they moved out of the bay area.

this

and I'm sure Magic knows exactly how to run a football team. It's not hard, just ask Jed.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 29, 2010 at 4:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone