There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Ask the new coach after the bye week.

(i feel like alex will be starter again, the team will want to see moar from him to see if they want to go with 0 QB depth, going into the draft.)

Calling Gruden. It's Dialing. Hello? Thank god we got you to answer. Well i've been waiting for this call. Jed Jed what? Ask how much! Gruden how much for your pay for a superbowl and first overall pick for luck? Gruden what the bleepp bleep who is this the niners o come on Someone is putting me on the niners would never make the right move.
How is Troy Smith any better than if we had kept Nate and started him? I think Nate somehow just got in Sing's doghouse. Much like Nolan, Sings always plays favoritism with his players.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ozanter:
How is Troy Smith any better than if we had kept Nate and started him? I think Nate somehow just got in Sing's doghouse. Much like Nolan, Sings always plays favoritism with his players.

Troy Smith has actual regular season experience and has started before in the NFL.
Nate, but that defintely won't be happening any time soon. If troy smith stinks, they will throw carr back in. If ts does good, he will likely ride out the season. If we win the next few games by a good margin, I really don't see them putting alex back in. But in crazy ninerland, I guess you never know...
Nate.

But Alex will be back in after the bye -- assuming Singletary is still running the team.

Inexplicably, we will ride the Alex Smith train all the way to the #1 Draft Pick.
Originally posted by ozanter:

Yup Nate got in the doghouse with by not showing a stronger work ethic. People with poor work ethics should always be given chances they have not earned.

Quote:
Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Johnson echoed Mike Singletary's sentiment from earlier this year that Davis must improve his work ethic, but he said that there are signs that transformation is occurring. "He's better focused and he's working harder," Johnson said.
Originally posted by smathis:
Nate.

But Alex will be back in after the bye -- assuming Singletary is still running the team.

Inexplicably, we will ride the Alex Smith train all the way to the #1 Draft Pick.

great news. in a way he's gonna give the pick back to us.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
While he hasn't played a lot Troy's career stats are respectable. I think if he does at least C-grade in his first start he deserves another one, after 6 years we know what we have in Alex. Unless Troy plays like David Carr he deserves a few games to see if he can make a week in, week out improvement. The rest of this season should be used to see if we have any hidden talent sitting on the bench. We can test these young guys out in games that count. But I am afraid Dingletary will have some ridiculous notion that a blazing 6-10 finish will keep his job so he will try to win games with his same ole flag football offense that they run, and put Alex back in after he is healthy. I don't know about you guys, but I almost want Martz and JTO back, at least they put up yards. The end result was the same, but it was better than run up the middle x 2, dump off pass, punt, rinse repeat.
Let's stop kidding ourselves the season is over. Why not see what Nate can do? What do they have to loose?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er88:
Let's stop kidding ourselves the season is over. Why not see what Nate can do? What do they have to loose?

More games?

I'm not a big fan of tanking the season. I like to watch my team win, even if it is meaningless.

I'm not saying Nate will cause us to tank the season. Not putting the kid down.

I went into the season with the idea that it was Alex Smith's last chance with the team. I think he looked decent for what may have been the longest consistent streak of his career (not saying much).

Unless Troy Smith lights it up, I say give Alex until we're statistically eliminated from the playoffs to bring in Nate. If Smith hasn't played at least good in every game up to that point, put Nate in to see what he's got. Not only does this prove once and for all to everyone (except the odd fan or two) that Smith is not the answer, it gives Davis more time to prepare and learn more of the playbook. Also, it gives the o-line some time to (hopefully) get it's s**t together. If Nate Davis is the answer, I want to give him every possible opportunity to succeed.

We need to learn from the mistakes made with Alex. Whether he was ever going to be a good QB or not, I can't image anyone will disagree that we made him worse than he could have been.
if Troy played well it would make too much sense for Sing to keep him in.

Sing will put Alex back in cuz he just doesnt like to do things the easy way

But we will still make the playoffs.....
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
oolcay orystay obray.
the only thing i like about alex is his buns,oh and his eyes are pretty
to bad he`s not a QB
I really want to see what Troy Smith can do. Maybe re kindle a Smith to Ginn Ohio State re connection. After that Nate Davis.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by smathis:
Nate.

great news. in a way he's gonna give the pick back to us.