Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Originally posted by mayo49:
27-9, 49ers.

Fixed.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Instead of 60% Gore will see 85% and fall down an pass-out at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

How much more simple can they make this damn stupid "play book" any way? It's already so simple most people cane call the play in front of their TV!!

I really hate this ownership, because they still can't see bigger changes must be made and saying that Sing will go the distance this season is... I HATE THEM.

They took this team from Eddie and turned it into pure buffoonery..

Wait, whatever we do, let's not let play makers make plays, hey, they might make a mistake!

I will refrain from saying anything about the couching, we all know what it is.

I'm betting A. Smith doesn't see the field again this year. These people do NOTHING out front it's all like some 4th grade secrete no one can know..

Right; the laughing stock of the NFL. So kwee!

How is this managements fault again? The playbook is now managments fault?

Because management is supposed to be in charge of hiring people who know how to put together innovative play books that challenge an opposing team, and that make the most out of available personnel on the team. Clear?

Yup we should not let the HC hire his own coordinators, let's do what the Skins did a few years back and hire an OC before a HC then promote said OC to HC a couple weeks later.

Kind of frustrating that the coaches can "dial back" and adjust the playbook for Troy Smith but for some reason they can't figure out how to incorporate more shotgun, spread formation, designed roll outs, etc when their STARTING QB is in there. We have 45-50 starts worth of film on Alex...and we can't figure out the best offensive game plan..yet with Troy Smith we're supposed to believe the coaches have it "figured out?"

Man Sunday is going to either be a total disaster, or we will catch some lucky breaks here and there, Gore and defense will make enough plays and we squeak out a win.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I'm looking for the Troy Smith to Ted Ginn connection. Go routes and running up the middle will be a welcome change from running sideline to sideline and running up the middle.

Come on homie you just setting yourself up for a let down. You think a 3rd string qb and a barely average 3rd wr are gonna be out there connecting and making plays. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see that happening at all.
The worst thing to happen is for Troy Smith to light up the Broncos this weekend. Then you really have yourself a soap opera ....
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
The worst thing to happen is for Troy Smith to light up the Broncos this weekend. Then you really have yourself a soap opera ....

As if this year hasn't already been a soap opera...
Originally posted by rawdel:

As if this year hasn't already been a soap opera...

We would at least be entertaining in that sense. Just imagine, Troy wins with decent numbers. Say he goes 16-24 175 yards 2 TD's no Int's, then after the bye week Smith is ready. Not too many will want Smith back at the helm.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Instead of 60% Gore will see 85% and fall down an pass-out at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

How much more simple can they make this damn stupid "play book" any way? It's already so simple most people cane call the play in front of their TV!!

I really hate this ownership, because they still can't see bigger changes must be made and saying that Sing will go the distance this season is... I HATE THEM.

They took this team from Eddie and turned it into pure buffoonery..

Wait, whatever we do, let's not let play makers make plays, hey, they might make a mistake!

I will refrain from saying anything about the couching, we all know what it is.

I'm betting A. Smith doesn't see the field again this year. These people do NOTHING out front it's all like some 4th grade secrete no one can know..

Right; the laughing stock of the NFL. So kwee!

How is this managements fault again? The playbook is now managments fault?

Because management is supposed to be in charge of hiring people who know how to put together innovative play books that challenge an opposing team, and that make the most out of available personnel on the team. Clear?

I suggest inventing some type of time machine so we can all go back in time and go to the Yorks, and demand them to not hire Singletary, and his coaches he wants. That way we can avoid all of this.

Look its a given Singletary and most of the staff here are out the door at the end of the year. We cant tell management to fire everyone asap, there is no one qualified to take over as interim.

There is nothing we or managment can do at this time, only till the end of the season. Just sit back and enjoy the train wreck.
I really cant stand when fans have this to say:

Well at least Troy Smith can run. Lets put him back there and have him run the wildcat. You could get him throwing outs to Ginn and thats what Im talking about."

This is not street football. Teams run full training camp and practice so that they get the timing down. Offenses do not work on the fly. This is not your mother's backyard, DAMMIT!!!!

How would that be a bad thing ?
Nate or Troy give us the best shot right now, because they are mobile, and don't know the playbook. How does not knowing the playbook help? Well with a playbook this bad, give me a guy who can scramble around and wing it!

One of Alex's problems is he is trying to run the plays as called and go through his progression, f**k it snap the ball scramble around and take off if nothings there, it ain't much of a plan, but it is better than anything else this coaching staff has tried!

A. Smith Average on his best days
Carr, Bust with a bad delivery
T. Smith unknown, but No Body Else Wanted Him!
Nate, Millon dollar arm ten cent head!

As for Carr's poor performance, he shed some light on that, he claims not to have ANY first team snaps in practice, more bad coaching. This insight has me worried, as to how well T. Smith can possibly do, when Mike Johnson, has to look at film to learn about his OWN player! Wasn't MJ the Quarterbacks coach, shouldn't he know about T Smith even a little? Shouldn't he have gotten his back-up a FEW snaps in practice just in case?

I get the feeling MJ is so intimidated by Singletary he can't stand up to him and do his job!
Most likely when Alex comes back, he will be the starting QB once again. Unless Troy gives us performances we can't deny, it's hard to imagine that Troy will steal the #1 spot from Sing's favorite player.

Whats arguable is the idea of who puts us in a better position to win...

Carr answered that in a quarter, make that a couple minutes.

Troy has the Broncos game and most likely the game after that to prove what he's got in store.

Alex, IMO, (depending on Troy's performance) gives us the best opportunity to win out of the QB's we have.

But, I do want Troy to do well and if that means he takes the #1 spot, so be it. We all want this team to be successful and although I have hopes for Alex, can't hang around when there's not as much progress as we need.
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Oct 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM ]
If this organization had any B@lls, they would use the bye week to go get Jeff Garcia from the Omaha Nighthawks of the United Football League.

Garcia probably has two good years left. Draft a REAL QB and let him develop for two seasons while Garcia tears it up with the talent that is going to waste.

This would be a win win... it would be a feel good story bringing back home-grown Garcia and I Guarantee he would win!!!

The only draw back would be that he could actually save dum dum's job
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Now I'm thinking about that song again...

WE GON FIND YOU
WE GON FIND YOU