LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Troy Smith, he didnt win the heisman for no reason, he is obviously a good quarterback, ya nate davis is ok, he did good in preseason, but then again who doesnt ? we were 4-0 in preseason..now look at us, Nate played for Ball state, in a conference that is nothng compared to ohio states...sure he broke all kinds of records, but name another great QB out of ball state... troy smith is the better option at this point IMO.. go 9ers
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by prime21:
I think Nate would give us the best chance of winning, considering he's been on the team longer than any one of our backups.

And since he has such a great knowledge of the playbook right ? Oh wait......yeah playbook would be scaled back with Davis as well.
Troy Smith. I think he has earned his shot in the league.
Matt Cain to start and Brian Wilson to close.
I'm excited to see what Troy Smith can bring to the table. If he doesn't have it, don't be surprised to see Nate Davis get promoted and Carr cut.
Originally posted by Snider8706:

I like where your heads at!

Fear the BEARD
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I'm excited to see what Troy Smith can bring to the table. If he doesn't have it, don't be surprised to see Nate Davis get promoted and Carr cut.

Yeah not so sure about that...

Quote:
Johnson said quarterback Nate Davis has shown more focus and dedication since being demoted to the practice squad earlier this year. Still, he said a practice squadder like Davis does not get enough meaningful practice repetitions to have any realistic chance to play this season, at least in the immediate future. "You won't see the improvement that you need to see for him to be in the discussion because he's not getting the reps," Johnson said.

Johnson echoed Mike Singletary's sentiment from earlier this year that Davis must improve his work ethic, but he said that there are signs that transformation is occurring. "He's better focused and he's working harder," Johnson said.
MICHEAL VICK
Originally posted by Flash80:

I like where your heads at!

I want to turn every thread into a giants thread.

Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:

Fear the BEARD

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Instead of 60% Gore will see 85% and fall down an pass-out at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

How much more simple can they make this damn stupid "play book" any way? It's already so simple most people cane call the play in front of their TV!!

I really hate this ownership, because they still can't see bigger changes must be made and saying that Sing will go the distance this season is... I HATE THEM.

They took this team from Eddie and turned it into pure buffoonery..

Wait, whatever we do, let's not let play makers make plays, hey, they might make a mistake!

I will refrain from saying anything about the couching, we all know what it is.

I'm betting A. Smith doesn't see the field again this year. These people do NOTHING out front it's all like some 4th grade secrete no one can know..

Right; the laughing stock of the NFL. So kwee!

How is this managements fault again? The playbook is now managments fault?

Because management is supposed to be in charge of hiring people who know how to put together innovative play books that challenge an opposing team, and that make the most out of available personnel on the team. Clear?

So you really expect an OC to open up the playbook for a third string QB who has not had any reps at all with the 1st team?

Take your blind hate elsewhere.

It's not blind. I know what I see, and I have seen a number of years of this tripe, this management, this misuse of players.

If T Smith can play, then, l e t h i m play. Don't screw the whole thing down. YOu kow, like; "Go for it, what have we got to lose?"

Who are you to tell me anything wiseguy? Take your one dimensional observations to the other side of the unplumbed depths of my viral invested jungle dogs lips.

People like you, really make me laugh. Who are you? Nobody.

BTW - GO NINERS!!

And who are you? NOBODY!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
I just read that M. Johnson is trying to figure out what Troy Smith can do. Maybe he should ask Sing since... you know... he brought him here and demoted Davis.

Here's a link to a Barrows article describing that process.

What's interesting to me is the part that talks about T. Smith mimicking the opposition in practice, then what the hell is D. Carr doing and why the hell was he the backup all this time?

At this point homie it's a waste of your time and energy to try to figure out some of the things this coaching staff has done. They just don't get it, and are completely unprepared as a total staff and organization.

Exactly. Just roll with the punches and hope for the best. You can save yourself from a heart attack.
I'm looking for the Troy Smith to Ted Ginn connection. Go routes and running up the middle will be a welcome change from running sideline to sideline and running up the middle.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:

Fear the BEARD

Fear the BREAD!

Share 49ersWebzone