LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 201 users in the forums

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Troy has 2 to 3 Games to show us what he has , if not we are f**ked unless we bring up Nate Davis !

Alex Smith Nothing

Carr is worse

troy Smith yet to be determaind

Nate Davis work in progress , Awsom arm !

leave troy in
Originally posted by davemo4:
this team and franchise are so screwed up. the 9ers are forever scrambling like a chicken with its head cut off. why was carr listed as the first backup in the first place? now everyone expects troy to come in and lead the team to a win? and he never took a rep with the first team before? wow....my frustration is off the charts....we fans can only hope for the yorks to move the team but leave the logo and uniforms in the bay area.

Carr never received any first team reps either. The only plan was for Alex to become the QB we hoped we had and wouldn't get injured.

Not very smart.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
I get that T. Smith been on the team for a short period of time, but how much more is there to lose?

I hate to jump ahead, but it sounds like we will be even more predictable this week on offense.

What is this knee jerk reaction in reference to?

This quote by Mike Johnson?

Quote:
"I'm still trying to figure out some of the things that he does well," Johnson said. "Watching him practice and now that I have a chance to see what he can do (I can) put a game plan together ... I get three days to kind of see what he does well."

Would you have rather had Johnson just give the entire playbook to Smith after one week of first team repetitions?

Johnson is trying to work with what he has.

goooooooooooooood read
dunno, but it sure would be nice to have that kind of a problem for change..
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Ask the new coach after the bye week.

(i feel like alex will be starter again, the team will want to see moar from him to see if they want to go with 0 QB depth, going into the draft.)

Yeah I agree with this. I HIGHLY doubt that we will clean house at the QB position going into the offseason. We will keep at least one of our current QB's, draft another, and sign another in FA. Carr seems to be off the table. Nate Davis can't seem to even get considered for the active roster. So it is going to be a competition throughout the rest of the season between Alex and Troy Smith.
Tom Brady(no homo)
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM ]
Troy. Let's see what the guy can do. Let's activate Davis and give him a shot if Troy does a Carr.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I hope he does well, but I don't think Troy Smith is going to do much. I can see 8-19-95 yds 0 td 1 int. Bring on Nate.

Some of you are hardwired to look negatively at anything the Niners do nowadays. That can't be healthy.
I think Nate would give us the best chance of winning, considering he's been on the team longer than any one of our backups.
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Some of you are hardwired to look negatively at anything the Niners do nowadays. That can't be healthy.

Have you watched this team play for the last 8 years? It's kind of in our blood right now.
It's possible that this playbook can be dialed back?
Originally posted by English:
Troy. Let's see what the guy can do. Let's activate Davis and give him a shot if Troy does a Carr.

THis, nate wasn't activated so if Troy gets hurt on play 1, its the david carr show.
Share 49ersWebzone