There are 205 users in the forums

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Schulzy:
It's possible that this playbook can be dialed back?

thats the first thing that popped in my head when i read that!!
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
Some of you are hardwired to look negatively at anything the Niners do nowadays. That can't be healthy.

Have you watched this team play for the last 8 years? It's kind of in our blood right now.

its been a long 8 years thats for sure..guess I've run out of energy to hate..I spent it all on Nolan
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
I get that T. Smith been on the team for a short period of time, but how much more is there to lose?

I hate to jump ahead, but it sounds like we will be even more predictable this week on offense.

This offense can not get anymore predictable .
[ Edited by xx49erfanxx on Oct 28, 2010 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
I just read that M. Johnson is trying to figure out what Troy Smith can do. Maybe he should ask Sing since... you know... he brought him here and demoted Davis.

Here's a link to a Barrows article describing that process.

What's interesting to me is the part that talks about T. Smith mimicking the opposition in practice, then what the hell is D. Carr doing and why the hell was he the backup all this time?
I just read that M. Johnson is trying to figure out what Troy Smith can do. Maybe he should ask Sing since... you know... he brought him here and demoted Davis.

What's interesting to me is the part that talks about T. Smith mimicking the opposition in practice, then what the hell is D. Carr doing and why the hell was he the backup all this time?

At this point homie it's a waste of your time and energy to try to figure out some of the things this coaching staff has done. They just don't get it, and are completely unprepared as a total staff and organization.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Prepare for another exciting offensive game from the 49ers.

Indeed
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
First play will be an 82 yard touchdown pass Troy to Crabs but it'll get called back on a Staley holding penalty

The only way that happens is if Anthony Davis false starts and the defense stops when the whistle is blown, but Troy and Crabtree continue the play anyway.

In the end, it still won't count.
Originally posted by prime21:
I think Nate would give us the best chance of winning, considering he's been on the team longer than any one of our backups.

And he's more physically talented than ANY of our QBs.
shaun hill, JTO, trent dilfer, ken dorsey, codey pickett, tim rattay, alex smith, david carr, now troy smith, how many more till we get it right lol? were bound to get lucky, makes me envy the teams that get lucky on there first try, even have backups tht are better than our starters
  • evil
  • Veteran

It's actually very common that a teams 3rd stringer runs the scout team whereas the backup gets a few snaps in preparation for the game.

So Gore will get like 80% of the touches. Wow, havent seen THAT gameplan yet...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

LOL

Some games we have played, our Tecmo Bowl playbook looked more complicated

Even a simple play like that can fool a defense if it is blocked in a matter that causes a defender to misread the direction or get nailed with a blindside block. Unfortunately the 49ers most always block these type plays straight ahead and fool no one. I wonder if they dumb down the offense so Dingletary can understand it.
Sing doesn't make good decisions so he probably goes back to Alex.
maybe, but Troy is very mobile. He might be able to do more with less. Could be ok, I hope.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mickey49:
So Gore will get like 80% of the touches. Wow, havent seen THAT gameplan yet...

It helps when you read the article before you post....

Quote:
A strong running game would help take the pressure off, but insisted the 49ers that they wouldn’t be afraid to ride Smith’s arm.

“We’re not going to hide him,’’ Johnson said.
Share 49ersWebzone