There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which feels worse?

Which feels worse?

To me the 2010 season feels worse. Along with the futility is the deeper knowledge of just how bad our ownership is. No end in sight.
For me it was 2004 for that team had no talent. This team in a coach and a qb away from being respectable.
getting kicked in the balls by a man with no legs
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.
Originally posted by jta854:
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for horsecore.
You forgot the 2007 season. Just like this season, the 2007 season was supposed to the Niners year to take back the NFC west, but injuries and buying into their own hype derailed them.
I had pretty low expectations this season, couple that with the fact I HATE Singletary...
Saw my first Niner game in 1969 (I was 4) don't really remember, bur somewhere around the age of 6-7 I realized I was a Niner fan, unlike my Raider loving brothers. At some point this became an obsession, never missing Play let alone a game!

Mike Singletary has cured me of my obsession, where as before I would be unapproachably angry if we lost, now I just laugh, and say f**k it!

I will keep watching, rooting and waiting for a NEW coach to restore my faith and return the obsession!

So I guess I would put it in this order

1) 2004- I stilled cared way to much
2) Getting kicked in the nuts- Never any fun
3) 2010 - Saw it coming, so I guess I can take consolation in being right!

The silver lining in this season is obvious, and many!

1) Singletary will be gone!
2) We will pick in the top 5 slots (maybe first)
3) Our mixture of cap room, young talent and a high draft pick makes us an attractive job for ANY head coach!

So buck-up Bunky there is always next season and it will be better, with out Singltary it has to be!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM ]
Originally posted by jta854:
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.

This.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Robert:
Originally posted by jta854:
Being kicked in the balls goes away after 30 minuets. The 2010 season hurts every week.

This.

I dunno.... maybe I just have extra sensitive balls, but the thought of that happening again hurts, so it's been hurting me on and off for decades.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I had pretty low expectations this season, couple that with the fact I HATE Singletary...
Saw my first Niner game in 1969 (I was 4) don't really remember, bur somewhere around the age of 6-7 I realized I was a Niner fan, unlike my Raider loving brothers. At some point this became an obsession, never missing Play let alone a game!

Mike Singletary has cured me of my obsession, where as before I would be unapproachably angry if we lost, now I just laugh, and say f**k it!

I will keep watching, rooting and waiting for a NEW coach to restore my faith and return the obsession!

So I guess I would put it in this order

1) 2004- I stilled cared way to much
2) Getting kicked in the nuts- Never any fun
3) 2010 - Saw it coming, so I guess I can take consolation in being right!

The silver lining in this season is obvious, and many!

1) Singletary will be gone!
2) We will pick in the top 5 slots (maybe first)
3) Our mixture of cap room, young talent and a high draft pick makes us an attractive job for ANY head coach!

So buck-up Bunky there is always next season and it will be better, with out Singltary it has to be!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2004. Easily. Inept. Painful. Hopeless. Retarded.

At least we have talent now. You must have short term memory, or you're about 6 years old if you think 2010 is worse. At least there's a vague sense of light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel with this team.
I love my Niners; but, I love my balls even more.

Kick to the balls!
Whatcha ya'all talkin' bout?

04 was just dreadful. No talent, Dennis Erickson, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett. Ugh. 2 overtime wins against the Cardinals by 3 points each. 14 losses to every other team on our schedule. The worst year ever as a fan.

wow i just looked up the stats it was worse than i remember.
barlow led the team in rushing with 822 yards 3.4 ypc
eric johnson led the team in receiving with 825 yards 2tds

We still have two players from that 04 team, one is Andy Lee, anyone remember the other one?
Originally posted by Bayerrya:
04 was just dreadful. No talent, Dennis Erickson, Kevan Barlow, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Rumph, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett. Ugh. 2 overtime wins against the Cardinals by 3 points each. 14 losses to every other team on our schedule. The worst year ever as a fan.

wow i just looked up the stats it was worse than i remember.
barlow led the team in rushing with 822 yards 3.4 ypc
eric johnson led the team in receiving with 825 yards 2tds

We still have two players from that 04 team, one is Andy Lee, anyone remember the other one?

The inimitable Brian Jennings