LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Things to look forward to NEXT year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
this poster is clueless. Next year the team will suck just like this year and two before it. Until we have new owners we are toast. They have no clue to what they are doing. Its a wing and a prayer with these guys. DOnt hire a gm. Fire mcclueless late, fire nolan late, hire dingleberry for a pr ploy, let the oc go after retaining him all offseason. You think these are alll coaches decision. Its going to take another 3-4 years for respectability. Another rebuild. Fire the dc, get a new defensive backfield, more lineman, a qb, better receivers, new coach, new dc, new oc. Pick better players that are cant miss in first round. Not ones with potential in the first. ANTHONY DAVIS. HEres our team. I just took a big one and......

Ding, ding, ding...Post of the Year. You sir got it...

yes, once again we are a rebuilding team.
[ Edited by brucesf49 on Oct 26, 2010 at 2:27 AM ]
Since I'm a member of the quality GM first school of thought, I'll stay modest in my hopes for next season.

I'm looking forward to not hearing this: "False start, number 15 of the offense. Five yard penalty, repeat second down." I'm quite optimistic about Crabtree, but the slew of false starts that he has coughed up this season has me frequently gnawing on my arm during games.
It's sad when we have to think about next year and this season isn't at the halfway point. Hire Parcells he'll have the team in the right direction within two years.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Why couldn't we just remain in preseason. We were really solid then.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers are a competent HC & QB away from respectability. It's that simple.
The problem is, those 2 positions are hard to fill and I'm not sure the 49ers have the leadership that can identify those two positions. Nolan/Singletary & Smith = fail.

What makes the 49ers potential job opening attractive is that the new coach will be working with a clean slate. The 49ers play in a winnable division so there is a chance for early success with a new coach. I know this doesn't mean much right now, but this is a roster that has 11 1st round picks on it. A roster that sent 5 players to the pro bowl without making the playoffs last year.

As bad as the OL is playing and people chastise them, don't you think a QB that defenses feared would make their life and Frank's easier?

Also the owners are very hands-off. They may be mentally-challenged slapdicks, but they don't control everything like an Al Davis or Jerry Jones.
When we hired Ericson, we had little choice we were over the cap by a boat load, and very old, not a sexy project for a top tier coach. - Best we could do

When we hired Nolan we thought we were getting an "Up and Comer" we had a first over all pick, some talent, and massive cap room on the horizon, we were able to attract a coach with options.- We thought we found something, we were wrong

When we hired Singletary we were in a good position, just a few players away from being very competitive, cap room youth, talent, and a few savvy vet's. A team poised on a return to greatness. There were plenty of good coaches moving around last season, we should have gone after one- We f**ked up!

Next year, we will have the same core of young talent and savvy vet's. We will be just a few players away from greatness, and we just might have the first pick over all in the draft, Who wouldn't want a job coaching this team, we will be very attractive to coaching prospects out there!- Don't f**k it up!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
When we hired Ericson, we had little choice we were over the cap by a boat load, and very old, not a sexy project for a top tier coach. - Best we could do

When we hired Nolan we thought we were getting an "Up and Comer" we had a first over all pick, some talent, and massive cap room on the horizon, we were able to attract a coach with options.- We thought we found something, we were wrong

When we hired Singletary we were in a good position, just a few players away from being very competitive, cap room youth, talent, and a few savvy vet's. A team poised on a return to greatness. There were plenty of good coaches moving around last season, we should have gone after one- We f**ked up!

Next year, we will have the same core of young talent and savvy vet's. We will be just a few players away from greatness, and we just might have the first pick over all in the draft, Who wouldn't want a job coaching this team, we will be very attractive to coaching prospects out there!- Don't f**k it up!

i've said this many times: it starts with ownership and trickles down. without a solid front office, this team/organization will have NO focus and NO vision. no chain of command. we hear it with ex players. you can call them disgruntled all you want, there is truth in what ex players have said.

you cannot lead a troop of soldiers without proper leaders in place. that starts with the owners and trickles down to a head of football operations and GM. until we get a proper chain of command, we will be nothing more than talented chickens running around with their heads-cut off.

put a bill parcells type in the front office, have him and paraage shop for a GM and head coach and go from there.
Originally posted by 76Razor:

i've said this many times: it starts with ownership and trickles down. without a solid front office, this team/organization will have NO focus and NO vision. no chain of command. we hear it with ex players. you can call them disgruntled all you want, there is truth in what ex players have said.

you cannot lead a troop of soldiers without proper leaders in place. that starts with the owners and trickles down to a head of football operations and GM. until we get a proper chain of command, we will be nothing more than talented chickens running around with their heads-cut off.

put a bill parcells type in the front office, have him and paraage shop for a GM and head coach and go from there.

Towards the end of the Roman Empire, the Romans built the largest fleet of ships ever seen, and raised the largest army in their history. This Armada was meant to retake north African and restore Rome's dominance of the Mediterranean Sea.
This vast fleet was destroyed, by incompetent generals, who were to timid to take decisive steps in battle.
After their defeat, when the Emperor was having them put to death, he remarker "Better to have an army of deer led by lions, than an army of lions led by deer"

Leadership, leadership. leadership!

Towards the end of the Roman Empire, the Romans built the largest fleet of ships ever seen, and raised the largest army in their history. This Armada was meant to retake north African and restore Rome's dominance of the Mediterranean Sea.
This vast fleet was destroyed, by incompetent generals, who were to timid to take decisive steps in battle.
After their defeat, when the Emperor was having them put to death, he remarker "Better to have an army of deer led by lions, than an army of lions led by deer"

Leadership, leadership. leadership!

good stuff. and it really applies to this team. there are fighters on this team, but no real coaches to guide. also, someone gave the brilliant analogy of "sean payton playing checkers while singletary plays checkers". it really is that simple. find one good leader and have him choose his subordinates. IF s**t fails, his head rolls, and the axe man should be the owner-one with the balls to pick up the axe and swing at the heads of the incompetent. until then...enjoy mediocrity.

Exactly. The teams that have won in spite of bad ownership is very very slim. Like the cowboys had success when Jerry Jones took a back seat to Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. The Redskins are moving forward b/c Snyder sit his ass down and let real football guys run the show. Time for the Yorks to follow suit. Hire a real qualified football guy and let him do his thing.

I look forward to not having to sort through all these cry baby threads (Not this one).
Originally posted by golfing9er:
I'm looking forward to a lockout so we don't actually have to watch this team for a year!

Really? I look forward to every single game, regardless of our record. I guess that's just the difference from a real fan and a fair weather fan. People like this really make me question how many real faithful fans post on this forum. Some of your comments are as equally disappointing as our season.
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by golfing9er:
I'm looking forward to a lockout so we don't actually have to watch this team for a year!

Really? I look forward to every single game, regardless of our record. I guess that's just the difference from a real fan and a fair weather fan. People like this really make me question how many real faithful fans post on this forum. Some of your comments are as equally disappointing as our season.

bro-

more power to you. Being a fan is one thing but a fan of a team with a ownership group that emberrasses us as fans is unacceptable. A coach that runs onto the field all the time. AN owner that texts that were going to win the division at 1-5. A coach that when asked about his team, offensive tactics and performances says ive got to look at the film. I mean come on. This is a joke and and an embarrasement. Ive been a fan longer than you, more than likely. Every move they make they are considered the laughing stock of the league. From the coaching up to the management group. Keep on rooting though. The team needs fans like you who are blinded by the light.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Manusky- and his great "bend but dont break defense in the 4th quater" defense..he is a joke

mike singletary- we need an offensive minded coach

john gruden-

Alex smith to a good team that can use his skillset ..maybe seattle, arizona ,minnesota?

andrew luck

Christian Ponder

ryan mallett

akeem ayers
[ Edited by dmax on Oct 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM ]
i'm looking forward to if they're going to make a punky brewster movie next year.
staring Alex smith and co staring coach singletary...
Share 49ersWebzone