LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Are we the worst team in NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we the worst team in NFL?

Originally posted by Marvin49:
With Alex Smith....no. With David Carr....yes.

so true
the polls are coming in..

worst or second worst seem have the majority..

I do believe, we were a middle of the pack team last season with an 8-8 record.. were we not?

so what the hell happened? we only added talent.. and coaching is the same for the most part... what is the X factor?

I'm really baffled.. it's not easy being a fan of this team the last 10 years or so..
but as KC has shown.. if you add some smarts in the coaching and management ranks.. you can turn things around in a hurry... I hope we get on the right track real soon..
Niners just lost to a team with no wins. That many thought was the worst team in the NFL. I'd have to say YES! We are the worst team In the NFL.
Also could say the Raiders, but as most of us know, Tom Cable gave them/did something to his players and they came out like mad men.

59-14 Raiders????

Makes me appreciate the fact that we beat them even more. Not only for our first win, but the fact that a loss to them would be embarrassing, (and a blowout... THE HORROR )

But I think yesterdays performance takes the cake and now its "WE HATE CARR".

We got into a Carr crash when Alex got injured and everything started burning till it blew up, and the Panthers won.

Maybe we're the second worst...
After 5 years of rebuilding. After all the slogans and empty promises. After all the high draft picks. We are still the worst team in the NFL. But it's one thing to be the worst team. We also have the worst ownership and front office in the league. There goes any hope of a turnaround in the near future.

[ Edited by amir_tn80 on Oct 25, 2010 at 09:44:21 ]
to bad we don't play the bills this year because after watching their offense yesterday against the ravens D, yes they would show us that we are the worst team/organization in the freakin league!
Originally posted by mandy49er:
to bad we don't play the bills this year because after watching their offense yesterday against the ravens D, yes they would show us that we are the worst team/organization in the freakin league!

ryan fitzpatrick>alex smith
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Second Worst.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure gotta look at the tape.

haha, this....and then we'll move forward from there putting the right pieces in the right place to figure out where we stand at this point moving forward
i would say that we aren't the worst talent wise, but given the talent and expectations we had, we are the worst due to how utterly terribly we are underperforming.

We at least belong in the conversation that's for sure.

Talent is there, but wins are not. With the way this team finds ways to lose, I wouldn't be too surprised at this point if we ended 1-15.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
right now we are
Bills games are much more entertaining than Niner games with David Carr, so at this point I would have to say yes, the 49ers are the worst team in football.
I think record can't be the only parameter here..

in fairness, we did for the most part play pretty good teams (mid to high level)

(don't quote me on this..but )
seahawks are in first place
NO not a great season so far.. but did win SB last year
KC is in the first place
Atlanta is in the first place
eagles are 1st or 2nd place
oakland - well we beat them
panthers - should have beat them.. could be attributed to loss of A.Smith in the third when things fully broke down..

I guess, I'm just trying to make a case for us not being the very worst team team

I think its very realistic to have this team finish 5-11 or 6-10..pretty much in line with what they have been doing the last several years..

the very worst teams finish with 1 or 2 wins total (see Detroit or Rams of the recent past)
We're number #31!

Championship.
Share 49ersWebzone