LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Are we the worst team in NFL?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are we the worst team in NFL?

Just want to see how this community feels about the team compared to others..
maybe
Would have said Buffalo but they showed life this week... Lee Evans 3 TDs, QB threw for 374 yds, both against the Ravens D with Ed Reed back. Dunno... we'll see at seasons end is what I voted.
We need another toilet bowl to determine this. Texans came out on top in '05, but it's a tough call to decide between the bills and niners.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
We're maybe the second worst team. The Cowboys have more talent and are awful.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We need another toilet bowl to determine this. Texans came out on top in '05, but it's a tough call to decide between the bills and niners.

too bad we don't play the bills this year... that would be a sad but entertaining game for the #1 pick.
Originally posted by ozanter:

too bad we don't play the bills this year... that would be a sad but entertaining game for the #1 pick.

Well we do have ONE win, so Technically the Bills are right now, but we're right on the Bills heals.
We're bad but not because of a lack of a talent. We've been that team for much of the past 8 seasons and we know what that looks like. We've also been the kind of bad team that results from clueless ownership. And we've been the kind of bad that is the result of a combination of poor talent, poor ownership, and poor coaching. Now we have the talent to be among the best but lack the coaching. So we're currently among the bottom 10 in my opinion but with very real potential to be in the top 1/3 if we had the coaching staff. You have to have genius level coaching to win the SB, assuming you have the talent. Singletary is dumb as a door knob in this respect.

Haha it was the Reggie Bush bowl back then that's what they called it. They ended up with Mario Williams over Bush. We won a couple at the end and got Vernon Davis at #6. I thought it was going to be destiny for us to get Bush as he and Alex were high school teammates.

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Oct 25, 2010 at 08:40:42 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
In term of talent on the roster? No. But when you factor in coaching, then I would say yes. I mean is there any team you could be confident in beating? Don't say Buffalo, they put up 34 point on Baltimore, IN BALTIMORE and got them to OT.

With Alex Smith....no. With David Carr....yes.
Originally posted by valrod33:
maybe
Not sure gotta look at the tape.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Not sure gotta look at the tape.

lolz
Coaching YES...Personnel no

[ Edited by 49ermark on Oct 25, 2010 at 10:33:20 ]
Share 49ersWebzone