There are 183 users in the forums

Please dont have a late season surge

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This thread is sickening, but Susweel has a valid point, history will repeat itself.

1-15 = tearing the whole house down to completely rebuild, and not just promote an assistant out of convenience.
LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
This thread is sickening, but Susweel has a valid point, history will repeat itself.

1-15 = tearing the whole house down to completely rebuild, and not just promote an assistant out of convenience.

I dont want to finish 1-15 and get the first pick. I hope we finish 4-12 and get like 4th or 5th pick.
Agree...after the Denver game in London, we'll be 1-7...perfect time to make a change. I don't buy the notion you can't bring in an outside head coach at mid-season, either. There are plenty of them to choose from, too. But, they should start at the top of the food chain...by hiring Parcells. I trust him to bring in a top GM and head coach...that's the only way we'll be able to turn this franchise around. The question is, does Jed have the cojones to pull that off...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Agree...after the Denver game in London, we'll be 1-7...perfect time to make a change. I don't buy the notion you can't bring in an outside head coach at mid-season, either. There are plenty of them to choose from, too. But, they should start at the top of the food chain...by hiring Parcells. I trust him to bring in a top GM and head coach...that's the only way we'll be able to turn this franchise around. The question is, does Jed have the cojones to pull that off...

NO
Originally posted by verb1der:

I don't think we need to tear the house down. Yes, there are some key vets that need to be replaced (Alex, Nate, Parys and Shawntae come to mind), but there's some young talent on this team that just needs proper NFL coaching/scheme design to be effective.

IMO, along with the natural/annual influx of talent we're only a real head coach and a real QB away from being competitive (and that's the first step).
I have ALWAYS hated it when 49er fans in this forum actively root for failure as a means to get rid of a coach or improve draft position . . . until this year. There is finally true merit to the argument. Singletary is clearly a dead-man walking . . . we don't need to worry about that. We need a bonafide QB of the future and high draft position is our best chance to get our guy.

I feel dirty for admitting it . . . but there it is.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

It's true there are plenty to choose from, just none of them good. And don't say Cowher. Cowher is overrated.
I find it hilarious at the idea that the fans who've been consistently negative this season, really believe they can handle a complete regime change and restructuring, and the inevitable growing pains that ensue.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PlasmaHero:
I find it hilarious at the idea that the fans who've been consistently negative this season, really believe they can handle a complete regime change and restructuring, and the inevitable growing pains that ensue.

Can't be any worse then the pains we have now.

Originally posted by susweel:

if you prefer blowout losses to close games we have chances to win then no..it cant get worse.
That could happen and it would bring Dingleberry and Smith back for next year...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

if you prefer blowout losses to close games we have chances to win then no..it cant get worse.

Not entirely true, we do have some talent and with the additions of a couple of players we could be contenders relatively quickly.

Growing pains are fine . . . that's what the Seahawks and Rams are going through . . . the point is they seem to be growing and improving while we have CLEARLY regressed under Singletary.
After late season surge"

Reporter "Coach how do you explain this 4 game winning streak to end the season"

Singletary; "Well, we looked at the film and started to see some mistakes, we just tried to correct them after looking at the film"
Share 49ersWebzone