There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Giving up my season tickets

Originally posted by Happs:
Just can't justify 4000 bucks a year for my 4 tix for so much losing. I will still go to a few games a year but I can do a lot of different things for the money that will make me happy rather than going to perpetual losing team's games. Very sad about this as I was thrilled to get the rights but it is what it is.

I'm posting this from England right now, as I've flown over for the game. I really love this team, my family has supported them since the 70s. The last offensive play my dad ever saw was Montana to Taylor. I have no words to express my dismay.

I hear ya. And -- unlike the others on this board who can't tell shyte from shinola -- I know you're "not rich," and feel just as badly as you do.

The 49er ticket base -- just so you know -- is not all "rich people." They're solidly middle class -- which means they can afford a splash for tickets. Not "easily afford" but just "afford."

But I understand where Happs is coming from. I certainly would not fork over my money for this.

I see a lot of empty seats in Candlemistake Park during the months of November and December.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Just can't justify 4000 bucks a year for my 4 tix for so much losing. I will still go to a few games a year but I can do a lot of different things for the money that will make me happy rather than going to perpetual losing team's games. Very sad about this as I was thrilled to get the rights but it is what it is.

I'm posting this from England right now, as I've flown over for the game. I really love this team, my family has supported them since the 70s. The last offensive play my dad ever saw was Montana to Taylor. I have no words to express my dismay.

I hear ya. And -- unlike the others on this board who can't tell shyte from shinola -- I know you're "not rich," and feel just as badly as you do.

The 49er ticket base -- just so you know -- is not all "rich people." They're solidly middle class -- which means they can afford a splash for tickets. Not "easily afford" but just "afford."

But I understand where Happs is coming from. I certainly would not fork over my money for this.

I see a lot of empty seats in Candlemistake Park during the months of November and December.

Not my seats.
Originally posted by valrod33:
bandwagon fans FTL

Valrod, you have been to how many games??? One if I recall you mentioning last year against the Eagles right?? Its pretty easy to criticize this topic if you dont spend an average of $4000+ per year just to go see these guys. That's apart from all merchandise.

I'm not sure how much of their annual revenue comes from the stadium, but it has to hit their pocket book pretty heavily if they were to lose, say 25% of their regular renewals.

After seeing some of the other posts on here it made me realize how much of an investment many of us are making to this team. And for what?? I'm canceling my f**king 40 tickets for the annual "family game" that I had scheduled against the Buccs first thing tomorrow morning! Taking that money and traveling to Tahoe or Reno for the weekend instead!

I wont lie and say I wont watch anymore, but it will be from my home.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Not my seats.

I know. I know. Rain or shine. Win or lose. Earthquake or no. I know where to find you.

But not everyone has your makeup.

One down an infinite number of "Faithful" left to go.

Good riddance.

~Ceadder
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Good riddance.

~Ceadder

Ceader, That's really not fair. In my post I said I still will go to a few games a year. I'll also watch every game and root like hell for the niners. I really stretched my and my family's budget to get the season tickets. I got them so we could have great times together as a family at The Stick. The amount of times we've had to do the proverbial walk of shame after the game, kids sad, getting taunted by opposition fans is too much. I could use the money for a family vacation or something.

I am and always will be a niner fan for life. Just can't spend the 4k any longer to be sad and my kid's sad on football sundays. Honestly, that "Good Riddance" really hurt coming from a fellow niner fan.
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Just received this text from my wife:

"The longtime season ticket holders behind us told me last home gain they aren't going to renew next year if we know anyone who want to buy the rights. He has been a season ticket holder for 45 years."
Just received this text from my wife:

"The longtime season ticket holders behind us told me last home gain they aren't going to renew next year if we know anyone who want to buy the rights. He has been a season ticket holder for 45 years."

That is sad. I also sit in a section where most of the people around those seats have had them since Kezar. They aren't going to renew either.
Time to get those stuckup geezers out of the stands!

I'll cheer for my defense , thank you very much

oh and op, if you live in the U.K.......ya....might want to take next year off, seeing as our NEW number one QB pick won't be a bust, but might be on the sideline studying for awhile.

Dude, I would not sell your tickets. I think you will heavily regret getting rid of them, especially if they turn things around. Even if we have a losing season, they are still the 49ers. We may not look like it now, but they are still the 49ers.
How much money you spend on season tickets and gear has nothing to do with how big a fan you are.

I don't live in the bay area anymore but I still watch them every weekend, regardless of how sucky they are. I still root for them to win, regardless of who they play.

But I also feel the frustration of the losses and the lack of progress and the lack of leadership and poor ownership and everything in-between.
Yet I'm still here.
Wearing my Niner shirt on Sundays, eagerly watching play after play, hoping for a positive outcome.

Everyone here can be a fan without owning season tickets or spending money on gear. More important than the money we spend is the time we commit to following the team, watching the games, and posting/reading/participating in communities like this one.

[ Edited by scopur49er on Oct 25, 2010 at 09:32:55 ]
I use to love going to the "Stick" It was magical...To me it still is fun but losing hurts. Not as magical anymore.

It is sad that long time niner fans are given this type of product.

Again, I miss the glory years.
gave up my NFL Directv ticket cuz i am not paying for the s**t you see on the field. Was paying somthing like 399 or somthing like that for what f**king losers !
I, a die-hard niner fan will definetely pick up some seating rights, if I see a good offer on the table...markets are down. Anymore super emotional people willing to sell for peanuts?

This is still my team no matter what, my first game was the "94 championship, so I've been through the severe tough times, but every time I go to that Stadium to see my boys play (mind you, I've been to 8 games in my lifetime, 7 of which they have won.{Call me lucky, I guess} Last game was the Oak/Niner Game through Jack's Party bus last week.) I get chills down my spine and I'm hollerin' every down for my Niners. So if you want to be a fairweather fan, so be it, but if I could afford your tickets, their mine!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Good riddance.

~Ceadder

Ceader, That's really not fair. In my post I said I still will go to a few games a year. I'll also watch every game and root like hell for the niners. I really stretched my and my family's budget to get the season tickets. I got them so we could have great times together as a family at The Stick. The amount of times we've had to do the proverbial walk of shame after the game, kids sad, getting taunted by opposition fans is too much. I could use the money for a family vacation or something.

I am and always will be a niner fan for life. Just can't spend the 4k any longer to be sad and my kid's sad on football sundays. Honestly, that "Good Riddance" really hurt coming from a fellow niner fan.

don't explain yourself to that f'n idiot. I know he is a fellow 9e...er I mean an Alex Fan, but either way his post shows what type of character he has.

your thread had nothing bashing the team, you were respectful, and you genuinely showed how hard this is for you. And then the idiot Kids of 9er talk want to just bash you without even trying to see it from your perspective.

Don't feel bad man, we are all helpless and have no control of the situation....we are forced to watch this head coach, "coach"...and yall know how I feel about Alex being forced down our throats. At least you are doing something about it financially.

edit- and I think this shows how I really feel for the people who go to the stadium. I reside in the beautiful city....and I could've been like "HEY NOOOOOO Don't do it" from a selfish perspective, cause that would mean I don't have to worry about blackouts...

but no, I feel for our fellow fans who have season tickets or just go to the stadium in general.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 25, 2010 at 10:29:26 ]