There are 152 users in the forums

Giving up my season tickets

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Jed better make some changes. With a losing team, he's not going to get his stadium. No one wants to pay to watch the Niners lose anymore

He will, but will they be the right changes. His experience is severely lacking and he'll probably make more mistakes until he can learn from them.

He probably thinks we will still make the play-offs...what an in-bred moron!
This what I just emailede Dr. York, don't think it will make a difference but at least I got it off my chest!

Dr. York;
Singletary has lost his players and you are in danger of losing your fan base. Please do something to save the team my Uncle played for in 1946, and won consistantly in the 80's, 90's and first part of this century.
We need a real GM, a Bill Walsh, Ron Wolf type, and a new coaching staff, starting with the Head Coach Mike Singletary who is stuck in 1985. The game has passed him by and he is stuck in nuetral, Please do something to fix the problem. I have been a loyal 49ER Faithful since the day I was born. I bleed Red and Gold. This situation is abysmal and hurts everytime the team plays. Singletary has lost this team as you can see from the penalties, mental mistakes and miscues. Players are out of position, miss assignments and make crucial mistakes that cost us games.
You can make this right and turn this around for next year by making the tough moves above that I have described. I would tell you to look at Jon Gruden but NFL insiders say Holmgren is bringing him to Cleveland after this season? Please Dr. York do the right thing and stop this horrific situation we are in! Fire Mike Singletary!
I'll be writing another letter to Jed telling him that I'm done paying for these seats, unless he fires Singletary and brings in a solid offensive minded coach who won't quit being aggressive after only a 1 score lead.

The entire coaching staff needs to go. This team has a lot of talent that is going to waste. They aren't being used properly. They aren't being coached properly. They stink!

I can't watch this garbage anymore.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by BobS:
Honestly I only think the Yorks will get the message if it effects their bottom line. I never went to Candlestick, but caught them down here many a time before the Rams moved. I urge all season ticket holders not to renew next year and everyone to just watch the games on Sunday ticket and at sports bars. You can still watch the 49ers and cut down on the money that goes in the York's pockets, and keep it in yours. Maybe then they will get the message we are sick of this crap.

Hell as bad as they are I wish now I had not renewed my Sunday ticket package. I would not have if they had not cut my price to $159 I can tell you I will not watch next week I am going to start enjoying my weekends and watching this train wreck is not enjoyable. Fans should just walk away for awhile. Why pay to be in misery. Try camping, fishing, hunting, family time, hell even Nascar is better than watching the Niners.

I got mine cut to $159 and I split it with a friend. At least you figure all teams split the Sunday ticket money, so the York's aren't getting much.
I would of just wrote,

Dear York,

49ers suck. FIX IT!

From,

The Faithful
In same boat here. I live in Oklahoma and when the games not on TV I watch it over the net. I'm done wasting my Sunday's hoping, praying this sucky team will do something.

I've been a fan since birth and Ive seen the Good, the Bad and now the Ugly.... I will no longer buy tickets when the Niners come to Play the Rams, Cowboy's, KC or any other team in my area.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I don't blame you. I expect a lot of people to do the same.

Good! Send the Dorks a damn message! I'm not spending another dime to attend games until they do!
Originally posted by 49ERGLENN:
This what I just emailede Dr. York, don't think it will make a difference but at least I got it off my chest!

Dr. York;
Singletary has lost his players and you are in danger of losing your fan base. Please do something to save the team my Uncle played for in 1946, and won consistantly in the 80's, 90's and first part of this century.
We need a real GM, a Bill Walsh, Ron Wolf type, and a new coaching staff, starting with the Head Coach Mike Singletary who is stuck in 1985. The game has passed him by and he is stuck in nuetral, Please do something to fix the problem. I have been a loyal 49ER Faithful since the day I was born. I bleed Red and Gold. This situation is abysmal and hurts everytime the team plays. Singletary has lost this team as you can see from the penalties, mental mistakes and miscues. Players are out of position, miss assignments and make crucial mistakes that cost us games.
You can make this right and turn this around for next year by making the tough moves above that I have described. I would tell you to look at Jon Gruden but NFL insiders say Holmgren is bringing him to Cleveland after this season? Please Dr. York do the right thing and stop this horrific situation we are in! Fire Mike Singletary!

Who are the "NFL Insiders" that you heard this from??
from england to sf to watch the games? wow, you are truly a great fan. you have every right to do what youre doing
I haven't spent a dime on 49ers tickets or gear since the Yorks gutted the roster in '04. The sad and pathetic thing is we have to deal with this incompetence year after year after year. Those f*cking morons will never learn their lesson. They still make the big decisions and they f*ck it up over and over. Who the hell was going to hire a god damn career assistant coach with no coordinator experience and make him the head coach? Oh that's right, the morons who own the 49ers. On top of that they show confidence in him after a 0-5 start and guarantee a division title.

I used to think we are the west coast version of the Lions. But that's an insult to the Lions. We have become the standard in ineptitude and suck.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Totally understand bro and I think thats the only way the 49ers brass will learn

They are more concerned with building a new stadium before building a winning team

This is actually a pretty good point. They are so obsessed with Santa Clara they let little Jed run wild with the team. Ugh.
What ive decided since last week has nothing on you're willingness to part with your season tickets

(PROPS)

but i have vowed from this day on until this team get their sh*t straight i wont financially support this team in anyway

i usually travel from L.A. to frisco at least 2 or 3 times a year but now i have set my foot down i wont do it anymore

this is a smart move from a fans perspective to do this in a way will send a message to management & the owners that we mean business & we are tired of the losing season's year in & year out

think about it at the end of the day "WE" the fans are the ones that are more ticked off then the team itself

THEM FOOL'S might seem like they care if they win or lose but when they look at their FAT checks at the end of the day they eventually get over it

us as fan dont get over it that quick

To bad the whole Faithful empire cant unite & boycott this team financially

this would make the Yorks take action immediatly
My families tickets are too good to give up. I hope Jed is starting to compile a list, and looking for experience. I want to start from the top down. Please hire a President of Football operations and relinquish your duties as top football decision maker Jed.

If not...the hire Norv Turner now that the report is that Gruden is going to Cleveland.
I'm for all requesting a refund on their tickets due to the bad product! I think everybody should start wearing BAGS on their heads as a statement that this sucks and we won't do it anymore. The players still earn that paycheck that YOU the FANS are spending your hard earned money to support! The Yorks won't do it right until fans just say NO and stop supporting this miserable ownership, team.... I'm done and I will say no more good about this team until the Yorks are either out of football by selling or they have done the moves necessary to make this team a winner again. 7-8 years of under .500 football is enough and this conservative get a TD lead and sit on it crap has to go. We have the worst coaching in football.... PERIOD.

OUR PHILOSOPHY IS THIS...
WE GO OUT AND LET PEOPLE HIT US IN THE MOUTH!!!!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
hell even Nascar is better than watching the Niners.

Absolutely not!
Share 49ersWebzone