There are 293 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i would like to see Troy Smith and Nate Davis get playing time so we can evaluate what we have there.

I would also like to see Dixon and Westbrook to play more. Dixon so we can evaluate him/get him experience, Westbrook mostly to keep Gore from being banged up unnecessarily in a lost season. Gore doesn't deserve to waste himself on this s**t team, and if we protect him we can maybe extend his career long enough to get a winning team around him.

Philip Adams should get some playing time in place of Brown.

something needs to be done about the offensive line, just so we can get a good look at whoever we play at QB.

But, really, the important things that are going to happen on this team are after the season, when we should fire Singletary and draft a QB.
I agree with all.

My answer to the bold is to move Staley to RT and put Sims at LT. Davis clearly is costing this team more than it can afford right now. This kid is still very young and clearly is playing shell-shocked right now. Also, leave Snyder at RG.

I also want to see Jason Hill get some PT. Morgan is bringing nothing to the table and he does not have the speed to keep the defense honest. This offense needs more speed...desperately.

Agree with the above two posters.

lets just run frank gore every play from here on out and try and get him to 2000 yards
1-6 and no starting QB...stop right there.

When exactly did we have a starting QB?

Oh, you mean that Alex Smith fella? Nice guy. Lousy quarterback. He will make a very nice backup quarterback for somebody else next year. I look forward to seeing him in the future down as the holder for a kicker in Cincinnatti or some other NFL dead zone. Other than this one, of course.

Well, at least those folks who were chanting "We Want Carr" can be happy now. You wanted him and you got him.

My approach to the final nine games is to go out there and try to do our very best to kick, scratch, claw and fight like hell to get that overall Number One draft pick away from Buffalo. WE. CAN. DO. IT!

Because seriously, who's worse than the Forty Whiners? Yeah, they have one more victory than than the Bills, but does anyone seriously think this team could have battled the Ravens toe-to-toe for 60 minutes and narrowly lose by a field goal in overtime?

Try to convince yourself of that lie because you won't convinve me.

Detroit is bad but they have Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and a better backup QB in Shaun "Thrown Away" Hill. Bufalo is bad, but at least they play hard and have the misfortune to the be in a division with the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins. Cleveland is bad, but they beat the Saints. The 49ers bragged and swaggered after they almost-but-not-quite-beat the Saints.

Carolina is bad but since they beat us they're better than us.

So let's work real hard and get that Number One pick. A new coach, GM and owner is on my Xmas list too.

Season's over. We're on the clock.

[ Edited by Ohio49er on Oct 24, 2010 at 16:53:07 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
lets just run frank gore every play from here on out and try and get him to 2000 yards

You saw what happened when they knew we would run and we did. Loss of 4 both times.
The funniest thing about this post is that the guy actually thought we had a starting qb coming into the game. SMITH WILL NOT BE A NINER NEXT YEAR. Move on, it will be either Luck, Locker or another decent veteran next year. Smith is done. Thank God. Yes, Carr sucks too.

Move over, John Henry. It's time for the Ballad of Frank Gore.
I think we should forfeit them all...who wants to watch this garbage? We don't have the coaching staff to experiment...
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I want to see what Nate Davis can do! We have nothing to lose!

I'm down with that.

Use the rest of the season to prepare for the draft, while anayzing the team's weaknesswes and strenghths. Bring in a tried and a tested HC and a OC. Use the balance of the season to bring a sense of direction. In other words, throw out the W-L factor in preparing for the remainder of the season as we look ahead.

I kick myself every time I think how often I have placed my hopes on this team. Lost my faith in Smith years ago, but was hoping Sing could turn it around. We need more than a cheerleader, in your face type of coach. Sing, while a nice guy, hasn't a clue. I, a guy, who has never payed a single down of football, was easily anticipating our play calling - that's sad.

Turn the page. Nate Davis, come on down. T Smith, get ready as well.
Easy. I go fishing, hunting, drinking, or anything else instead. Heck, I would rather read a book.
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
1-6 and no starting QB...stop right there.

When exactly did we have a starting QB?

Oh, you mean that Alex Smith fella? Nice guy. Lousy quarterback. He will make a very nice backup quarterback for somebody else next year. I look forward to seeing him in the future down as the holder for a kicker in Cincinnatti or some other NFL dead zone. Other than this one, of course.

Well, at least those folks who were chanting "We Want Carr" can be happy now. You wanted him and you got him.

My approach to the final nine games is to go out there and try to do our very best to kick, scratch, claw and fight like hell to get that overall Number One draft pick away from Buffalo. WE. CAN. DO. IT!

Because seriously, who's worse than the Forty Whiners? Yeah, they have one more victory than than the Bills, but does anyone seriously think this team could have battled the Ravens toe-to-toe for 60 minutes and narrowly lose by a field goal in overtime?

Try to convince yourself of that lie because you won't convinve me.

Detroit is bad but they have Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and a better backup QB in Shaun "Thrown Away" Hill. Bufalo is bad, but at least they play hard and have the misfortune to the be in a division with the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins. Cleveland is bad, but they beat the Saints. The 49ers bragged and swaggered after they almost-but-not-quite-beat the Saints.

Carolina is bad but since they beat us they're better than us.

So let's work real hard and get that Number One pick. A new coach, GM and owner is on my Xmas list too.

Season's over. We're on the clock.
Might not have to worry about getting ahead of Buffalo for the first pick. Ryan Fitzpatrick has played rather well. He is now ranked #2 in the league, just behind Peyton.
Nate Davis, Troy Smith, Anthony Dixon, Ziggy and all the other youngn's need to play so we can see what we have for the impending retooling that we need to go through this offseason.
Yeah I'm pretty much done with Niner ball on Sundays. The Niners are a bad influence on my life lately. Every Sunday goes to waste because i "have to stay home" and watch my dear Niners.

Time to enjoy another hobby on Sundays.
Originally posted by Daniners:
The funniest thing about this post is that the guy actually thought we had a starting qb coming into the game. SMITH WILL NOT BE A NINER NEXT YEAR. Move on, it will be either Luck, Locker or another decent veteran next year. Smith is done. Thank God. Yes, Carr sucks too.

Interesting that you bring up Jake Locker, I caught a sample of him last night and he is a constant turnover machine, that sounds like a great idea!!!!
i'm gonna watch a re-run of mrs. doubtfire