There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Originally posted by valrod33:
lets just run frank gore every play from here on out and try and get him to 2000 yards

You may get your wish, but if that happens, my bet is that he doesn't last the rest of the season.

But as of right now, Singletary has NO confidence in any of his QB.

I think that his best bet is Troy Smith. Don't know much about him but I'm fairly sure he's better than Carr or Nate Davis just because of experience.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
i'm gonna watch a re-run of mrs. doubtfire

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Yeah I'm pretty much done with Niner ball on Sundays. The Niners are a bad influence on my life lately. Every Sunday goes to waste because i "have to stay home" and watch my dear Niners.

Time to enjoy another hobby on Sundays.

Imagine my pain. I switched from cable to Direct TV so this east of the Mississippi fan could watch the Niners on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Last week I bought a new 42" flatscreen TV.

Now I can watch the 49ers suck in high definition!

Don't I feel like a complete moron.
Originally posted by Daniners:
The funniest thing about this post is that the guy actually thought we had a starting qb coming into the game. SMITH WILL NOT BE A NINER NEXT YEAR. Move on, it will be either Luck, Locker or another decent veteran next year. Smith is done. Thank God. Yes, Carr sucks too.

Stick a fork. Smith is done. He never need to work another day. So what's the big deal?

Let's move on.
It is better to sacrifice meaningless wins in the short term for the greater good of the team in the future. What is the point if we are 2-9 and then win our final five games? All that does is hurt our draft positions.

I am not rooting for us to lose, but I do not care if we win either. I just want to see the offense open up and our young players get some reps. This is now an extended preseason.
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Yeah I'm pretty much done with Niner ball on Sundays. The Niners are a bad influence on my life lately. Every Sunday goes to waste because i "have to stay home" and watch my dear Niners.

Time to enjoy another hobby on Sundays.

Imagine my pain. I switched from cable to Direct TV so this east of the Mississippi fan could watch the Niners on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Last week I bought a new 42" flatscreen TV.

Now I can watch the 49ers suck in high definition!

Don't I feel like a complete moron.

Same as me except Im from the Jersey Shore
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
i'm gonna watch a re-run of mrs. doubtfire

what is it?
pretend the NFL was never created.
I'll watch "Titanic" for the very first time ever....
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?

You don't. But just develop the rookies and get ready for the draft and offseason. This season is done.
the cards are in the same situation with a little advantage. they have horrible coach and no qb to start week 8, but they have luck.

doesn't matter St. Louis will be crowned champs this season.
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
the cards are in the same situation with a little advantage. they have horrible coach and no qb to start week 8, but they have luck.

doesn't matter St. Louis will be crowned champs this season.

As long as Matt Hasselbeck stays healthy, Seattle will be the team to beat.

As Hasselbeck goes, so does Seattle.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?

This was the OP's opening statement (above) ^. This was my opening statement (below).

Stating the obvious, the season is shot. With that said, how would you like the Niners to use the rest of our 2011 preseason games? Is there a certain rookie that you want to see on the field more? Is there a coach you would like to see come in mid-season? Or would you prefer we go 1-15 and pick at the top of the draft? Whatever it is, we'd like to hear it!

They are totally diffrent. I'm not asking how you would fix it. Plus I have a much better title. Was it really necessary to merge?

Haters gonna hate...

At the risk of getting a warning. One more time for the road.

I told you this title wouldn't allow this thread to last long. No offense Boriken

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 25, 2010 at 18:06:38 ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I'll watch "Titanic" for the very first time ever....

is that the movie about the 49ers 2010 season?
run it up the middle everyplay and punt