Alex's Injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by defender49:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

haha, you're f**king ridiculous. and news flash: We are the worst team in the NFL.

Because of Smith....not in spite of him. He was part of the problem, do you deny this ?

not in this game.........

So we should resign him because of this game.......thats what you're saying ?
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he'll be out for at least a few weeks. Is it the same shoulder that he had surgery on??? If so, probably season/career ending.

First injury throwing shoulder, this one non-throwing shoulder.

Exactly. It's his left and the first 2 shoulder injuries were the throwing shoulder.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

Smith's M.O. is to "light it up" (80's and 90's passer rating) against the bottom 5 teams in the league, get 70's passer rating against average teams, and get 50's and 60's passer rating against the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams in the league. Regardless of this 6 year trend, people in NT will still proclaim he has arrived when he gets a passer rating of 87 against the worst team in football.

We don't know if Troy Smith or Nate Davis stink. We do know that Alex Smith is average at the very best and Carr is horrible.

[ Edited by 49erRider on Oct 24, 2010 at 14:50:33 ]
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Shaj:

Smith's M.O. is to "light it up" (80's and 90's passer rating) against the bottom 5 teams in the league, get 70's passer rating against average teams, and get 50's and 60's passer rating against the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams in the league. Regardless of this 6 year trend, people in NT will still proclaim he has arrived when he gets a passer rating of 87 against the worst team in football.

Yep, people are actually praising him for 9-19 effort against arguably the worst ranked team in the league. Pathetic.

Yep, people are actually praising him for 9-19 effort against arguably the worst ranked team in the league. Pathetic.

Well, he was playing decent. We know he isn't a pro bowl QB, but don't you wanna see an offense that attempts passes? With Carr we can't even attempt a pass.

He had over 100 passer rating for most of the game, you don't know what he would have done if he didn't get injured. You are blinded by your hate for AS, when it should be at the people directing him...Sing.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:

We don't know if Troy Smith or Nate Davis stink. We do know that Alex Smith is average at the very best and Carr is horrible.

Excellent Point.

I'm no huge avid Davis supporter at all, but he needs to play. The season is done and we need to see what we have at our QB position. We're gonna have to get a QB so this is important.

I'm gonna start lookin at coaches today and see who's out there and who I like. This season is done, but we have talent on the team. If we can get the right coaches next year we could be who we thought we could be.

You understand they were the worst ranked team in the nfl due to their offense, their defense is actually pretty good. Might want to revise who is pathetic and quit hating so much
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

You understand they were the worst ranked team in the nfl due to their offense, their defense is actually pretty good. Might want to revise who is pathetic and quit hating so much

It's okay, you just gotta treat him like a sped kid.

• BenQ
  • Veteran
kinda worried now that this strengthens jed's intent on keeping sing for another year. no playoffs? they're going to point to alex's injury as an excuse(pretty valid one since we got no one else) and let sing...

ugh
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Wasn't Carolina ranked 5th against the pass going into this game?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Yep, people are actually praising him for 9-19 effort against arguably the 12th ranked defense in the league.

Fixed. And you are very welcome.
Originally posted by defender49:
Originally posted by 1251alex:

haha, you're f**king ridiculous. and news flash: We are the worst team in the NFL.

Because of Smith....not in spite of him. He was part of the problem, do you deny this ?

not in this game.........

So we should resign him because of this game.......thats what you're saying ?

no dude lol stop taking my s**t so out of context. im literally and only saying he was not part of the problem we lost this game. at all. period. jesus f**king christ
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
It's really too bad. Dude had 5 TDs and 1 pick his last 6 quarters.

You had to figure with his and our luck that when he started playing better something would happen.
Share 49ersWebzone