There are 206 users in the forums

Alex's Injury?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well guys.........dont let the door hit you on the way out. Good luck to ya and your boy Alex Smith....

Dude stop acting like you own everybody or whatever. So because we cheer for the guys on the field then we need to go just be a fan of a certain player once he's off the team? f**k that. I can be a fan of whoever I damn want to and I just root for the guys out there, I cheered for A. Smith, Shaun Hill, JT Osullivan, Carr, and now Troy Smith. You don't need to beat your chest or anything, there's nothing wrong with cheering for the guys on the field. And if you don't like all of us cheering for the team still after we cheered for A. Smith because he was the QB, then YOU can be the one to leave.
Well guys.........dont let the door hit you on the way out. Good luck to ya and your boy Alex Smith....

dude dont get too excoted cambell scored 43 points or something against these losers not too mention they have no film on troy smith
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Dude stop acting like you own everybody or whatever. So because we cheer for the guys on the field then we need to go just be a fan of a certain player once he's off the team? f**k that. I can be a fan of whoever I damn want to and I just root for the guys out there, I cheered for A. Smith, Shaun Hill, JT Osullivan, Carr, and now Troy Smith. You don't need to beat your chest or anything, there's nothing wrong with cheering for the guys on the field. And if you don't like all of us cheering for the team still after we cheered for A. Smith because he was the QB, then YOU can be the one to leave.

Wasnt intended for you. And I also cheer the team, not the player.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

dude dont get too excoted cambell scored 43 points or something against these losers not too mention they have no film on troy smith

Dont get me wrong....I dont think Troy Smith is the next Montana. I think his play today will coerce the coaching staff into starting him a couple more weeks. Which means a couple more weeks LESS of Alex Smith.....which pretty much kills any chance of him staying on the team.
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

Release the haters!!!!
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by kazak13:
well any info on how serious it is? I couldnt catch it on tv..

so how much more do we appreciate Alex now that we seen David Carr? Troy Smith in anytime soon?

Smith's career in SF is done. Up to this point, his play was questionable at best. I know his fans will say he played great today, but Im sorry.......scoring on your opening drive and then not making any noise against the worst team in the NFL is not something to build on.

Regardless of him returning, his supporters now have new ammo to defend him; INJURY.

I think his time here is over. Even if he misses 4 weeks, he doesnt have enough time to convince front management for an extension. Plus his injury will ply aq role in all this.

As for Carr stinking, yeah I guess if people want to use Carr's bad play to praise Smith, then all the power to them. In reality, all the QBs stink, and this was done on purpose by Sing so that Smith would have no competition.

haha, you're f**king ridiculous. and news flash: We are the worst team in the NFL.

Because of Smith....not in spite of him. He was part of the problem, do you deny this ?

Part of the problem? Yes. But he was not the main problem despite what a few think on NT. We won today with a combination of gore, luck and troy's mobility.....
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
An obvious point that must be made about the GB receivers is that they are faster than the 49er receivers, hence they are more often open on deeper routes. Jennings and Jones are faster than any of the 49er WRs. Donald Driver, though he has lost a step is a master at the 12-20 yard depth over the middle, and area that Michael Crabtree has so far avoided like the plague.

Should be painfully obvious... not even to mention speed. These guys that Rodgers have are elite when it comes to getting open and making efforts on the ball that our boys only dream of. Rodgers is the perfect, current example of a silver-spoon fed QB... and it shows most of the time.
They are one of the best, and most balanced set of receivers in the league. Also, Mike McCarthy has had that unit intact for four years now. The only new member is Jermichael Finley and he is now out, replaced by Donald Lee who has been there for quite a while as well.

So combine quality, experienced receivers with a coach who has a clear, solid, pass-oriented offense and the QB will put up some nice numbers.

Even so, Rodgers has been far from excellent his last two games. He has now dropped to #12 in the ratings. But you're right. He came into the perfect set-up to develop his skills without the immediate pressure of having to win.

Rodgers make those receivers look a lot better than they really are. Elite ? I doubt it. You guys have some serious emotional investment in Smith. You've completely reversed the role of a QB.......you now hold the rest of the team accountable when it comes to how "great" a QB can be, and that simply is not the case. A good team can make a bad QB look good (Ravens of 2000), but a good QB can make an bad to average team great (Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc.)

Teams like the Ravens, Saints, Falcons, and even St. Louis played like s**t until their "star" QBs signed on. Of course, you'll excuse those QBs' good play by claiming that "their olines played great", "they played under one system", "WRs were elite", etc.

Pathetic.......
WOW. Do you actually believe that Roddy White and Marques Colston are in the "bad to average" category? Tony Gonzalez is an "average" TE?

I have reversed nothing. I have noted the interrelationship on numerous occasions but you are only reading my posts with one eye open.

I'm out...

Marques Colston caught 70 balls last year. He's a good receiver (like Crabtree), but he's not an "elite" receiver. Roddy White is a good receiver......he's not an "elite" receiver. These guys are good players, but they do not transform their average QBs into superstars. If we go by your standards, we could easily claim that Crabtree and Vernon Davis are elite players, and therefore Alex Smith should be playing just as well as Matt Ryan and Drew Brees. But the reality is that both Ryan and Brees bring something extra to the table that not only makes them look good, but also elevates the level of their receivers game. Smith does NOT do that. Instead of acknowledging this, you in reverse are implying that it's not Smith....but rather VD and Crabtree's limitations that are holding Smith back.

I dont think so.....
Thank you for your of Colston and White as well as Ryan.. It is very insightful. I'll keep that in mind in any further discussion.

Who cares? Alex Smith is done as a niner.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Rodgers make those receivers look a lot better than they really are. Elite ? I doubt it. You guys have some serious emotional investment in Smith. You've completely reversed the role of a QB.......you now hold the rest of the team accountable when it comes to how "great" a QB can be, and that simply is not the case. A good team can make a bad QB look good (Ravens of 2000), but a good QB can make an bad to average team great (Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, etc.)

Teams like the Ravens, Saints, Falcons, and even St. Louis played like s**t until their "star" QBs signed on. Of course, you'll excuse those QBs' good play by claiming that "their olines played great", "they played under one system", "WRs were elite", etc.

Pathetic.......

I'm not by any means a Smith supporter.... but you might need to take a good look in the mirror. Your single mindedness about the poor play of Smith is fanatical.

The game of football is more complicated than you make it out to be. All of those factors that you dismiss as "pathetic" are a part of the equation and there are other parts besides.

I know that your mind can't be changed, but at the very least... please try to keep things civil.

Well said.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Well said.

Thanks! I got a warm fuzzy!

I hope Troy plays very well.
Share 49ersWebzone