There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Namath on Alex smith

Joe Namath, re: Alex Smith on SIRIUS radio: "I tell you what, give up Alex Smith, you'll see about 29 teams or 28 teams trying to grab him."

Via twitter
....to be a back-up

finished
Namath is too old to be using twitter.
the dude is right
I got it from

mattbarrows
Originally posted by susweel:
Namath is too old to be using twitter.

Not as old as Betty White & she uses Twitter
"Alex Smith, I want to kiss you"
If the niners release Alex Smith he will sign with the Vikings and be their starting QB
Originally posted by HessianDud:

This is what I was looking for. But in all seriousness, Smith would be an all-pro in Denver right now.
there will be teams grabbing him to be there starter as well. All he needs is a damn OC and HC that knows how to use him.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

This is what I was looking for. But in all seriousness, Smith would be an all-pro in Denver right now.

I think Orton has always been a little under-rated (he was always the best QB in Chicago) but I do agree that McDaniel's system allows a fairly above-average QB to put up pretty spectacular numbers.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
28 is too high. The number is more likely 15-18 who would sign him. 8 of those would be as a starter, the others as a backup.

Smith will get a nice contract next year.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I think Orton has always been a little under-rated (he was always the best QB in Chicago) but I do agree that McDaniel's system allows a fairly above-average QB to put up pretty spectacular numbers.

its because they use a offense very similar to spread im not sure if its spread or not but they always eem to have 3-4 WR on field which alex excels in
Originally posted by dj43:
28 is too high. The number is more likely 15-18 who would sign him. 8 of those would be as a starter, the others as a backup.

Smith will get a nice contract next year.

And we'll get a second tier draft pick or a washed up veteran!