There are 127 users in the forums

Joe Namath on Alex smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by dj43:
28 is too high. The number is more likely 15-18 who would sign him. 8 of those would be as a starter, the others as a backup.

Smith will get a nice contract next year.

And we'll get a second tier draft pick or a washed up veteran!

and be in a worse position than we are in now with Smith as our QB.
who wouldnt want a #1 overall pick as a backup
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by dj43:
28 is too high. The number is more likely 15-18 who would sign him. 8 of those would be as a starter, the others as a backup.

Smith will get a nice contract next year.

And we'll get a second tier draft pick or a washed up veteran!

and be in a worse position than we are in now with Smith as our QB.

I can't wait to see what hindsight has in store for some of the football "experts" on this site.

Hopefully we have a better coaching staff.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
"Alex Smith, I want to kiss you"

This is what I was looking for. But in all seriousness, Smith would be an all-pro in Denver right now.

I think Orton has always been a little under-rated (he was always the best QB in Chicago) but I do agree that McDaniel's system allows a fairly above-average QB to put up pretty spectacular numbers.

its because they use a offense very similar to spread im not sure if its spread or not but they always eem to have 3-4 WR on field which alex excels in

yup. I think McDaniels is a douche, but he runs a great offense. I do think its exactly the kind of thing that Alex would really excel at.

people say all kinds of stupid things. Then twitter was invented, and the number of stupid things tripled.

Alex will have like 5 or less suitors for a backup job. He will backup in the NFL for maybe 2 or 3 more years and then will just disappear.

This is what I was looking for. But in all seriousness, Smith would be an all-pro in Denver right now.

Seeing how Orton is top 3 in just about every QB statistic this year...I don't see how.

I think Orton has always been a little under-rated (he was always the best QB in Chicago) but I do agree that McDaniel's system allows a fairly above-average QB to put up pretty spectacular numbers.

its because they use a offense very similar to spread im not sure if its spread or not but they always eem to have 3-4 WR on field which alex excels in

yup. I think McDaniels is a douche, but he runs a great offense. I do think its exactly the kind of thing that Alex would really excel at.

That is the type of offense we need to be running. Screw this Gore up the gut every 1st and 2nd down crap!
Like i have said for some time now, If smith gets released imo he will end up on the pats or colts...

That is the type of offense we need to be running. Screw this Gore up the gut every 1st and 2nd down crap!

yeah, its f**king depressing. I'm still holding out hope that the longer MJ is calling plays we will be seeing more "opening up" of the offense. EVERYONE will benefit, Gore especially. I think Gore would be putting up insane numbers in a wide open offense.

[ Edited by HessianDud on Oct 15, 2010 at 16:07:16 ]
Originally posted by Hollywood:

Seeing how Orton is top 3 in just about every QB statistic this year...I don't see how.

i think his point was that the offense is QB-friendly and fits Smith's skill-set perfectly, and so if he were the starter there, instead of Orton, he'd be putting up similar if not better numbers.

I agree with what you said. When the Broncos traded for Orton, I thought they made an upgrade.

Originally posted by Hollywood:

What point were you trying to make? Please rephrase.

I agree with what you said. When the Broncos traded for Orton, I thought they made an upgrade.

yeah. if they didn't f**k up their drafts, it would have really been a steal, considering how much they got for Cutler.

Let's face it though: Cutler in McDaniel's offense would probably be breaking records right now.

yeah, its f**king depressing. I'm still holding out hope that the longer MJ is calling plays we will be seeing more "opening up" of the offense. EVERYONE will benefit, Gore especially. I think Gore would be putting up insane numbers in a wide open offense.

you mean like how Gore's numbers improved last year when they turned to a spread offense? It's called spreading out the defense. The defense wouldn't be stacking the box like they are now on 1st and 2nd downs.
Share 49ersWebzone