There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Source: Singletary will have to win 1-2 playoff games to keep job

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Give excitable San Francisco 49ers president Jed York credit for being supportive of his team in the face of its 0-5 start. Niners are starting to lose patience.

York made news Sunday when he declared that the 49ers will still win the NFC West. Good luck with that.

However, if the 49ers should pull off a miracle comeback this season, it probably won’t save coach Mike Singletary’s job. According to a team source, Singletary will need to do some extraordinary things over the final 11 games to have any hope of coming back as coach. That extraordinary thing would be something like winning all of the remaining games and even a playoff contest or two.

While York also said this weekend that he’s “absolutely” staying with Singletary for the remainder of the year, the decision to stand pat is partly based on the belief that there’s no one on staff that the organization feels it can entrust with the job.

dad-gum Yahoo Sports Jason Cole

not to be overly negagive but we zoners get all excited when change occurs. Answer me this question. Do the niners get better next year with a new coack considering the current managing team does the hiring? Let me answer it for you. NO! THis owner(jeb) who everyone says doesnt live in daddys shadows is way to inexperienced for this job. He should have already put a strong gm in place. This team is so clueless. This is a go with the flow owner who flies by the seat of his pants. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe he will hire anyone that will turn this team around. NOONE.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
Give excitable San Francisco 49ers president Jed York credit for being supportive of his team in the face of its 0-5 start. Niners are starting to lose patience.

York made news Sunday when he declared that the 49ers will still win the NFC West. Good luck with that.

However, if the 49ers should pull off a miracle comeback this season, it probably won’t save coach Mike Singletary’s job. According to a team source, Singletary will need to do some extraordinary things over the final 11 games to have any hope of coming back as coach. That extraordinary thing would be something like winning all of the remaining games and even a playoff contest or two.

While York also said this weekend that he’s “absolutely” staying with Singletary for the remainder of the year, the decision to stand pat is partly based on the belief that there’s no one on staff that the organization feels it can entrust with the job.

not to be overly negagive but we zoners get all excited when change occurs. Answer me this question. Do the niners get better next year with a new coack considering the current managing team does the hiring? Let me answer it for you. NO! THis owner(jeb) who everyone says doesnt live in daddys shadows is way to inexperienced for this job. He should have already put a strong gm in place. This team is so clueless. This is a go with the flow owner who flies by the seat of his pants. There is absolutely no reason for me to believe he will hire anyone that will turn this team around. NOONE.

I will only be happy with this move if a President of Football Operations is hired above a GM and HC. Preferably from the Bill Walsh Tree like:

PFO: Billick or Dungy
GM: experienced hired by Pres F.O.
HC: Gruden

that provides structure and they are all experienced enough to plug in the right parts.

The scary thing is will the amount of leaks our organization has had the past 4-5 years I don't know if experienced coaches want to risk coming into this.
any thoughts on the new Jason Cole story on Yahoo?

Schefter reported something very similar last week. Where there's smoke... However, let's wait and see. If Sing guides this team playoffs, he'll have won perhaps nine of last 11. How do you fire a guy who does that?

http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/27211084113
http://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/27211256995

[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 12, 2010 at 21:46:04 ]

I will only be happy with this move if a President of Football Operations is hired above a GM and HC. Preferably from the Bill Walsh Tree like:

that provides structure and they are all experienced enough to plug in the right parts.

The scary thing is will the amount of leaks our organization has had the past 4-5 years I don't know if experienced coaches want to risk coming into this.

Bro they will screw it up. They always to. What makes you think anything will be different. Your also right about noone will want to join this team unless they are in complete control. Jeb must do it because he is clueless.

no way I hate billick... even in the front office

[ Edited by footballxpaul on Oct 12, 2010 at 21:53:26 ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Whether you think Singletary is the problem with this team or not, these kinds of reports piss me off. It distracts everyone, and now all the players and coaches will be bothered about it all week. We already have enough problems before adding this crap to the mix.

Sing and the team put this on themselves going 0-5.
Other teams are having no problem figuring how to stop the niners. This is due to Singletary's stagnant philosophy. This will only change with a change at head coach. Singletary is too set in his ways. I love the guy, but he is a motivational speaker, not a head coach.

The front office feels that nobody on the coaching staff can step in and turn the team around. I concur.

So who do we get? Here is my list of possibilities, in no particular order:

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

Personally, I prefer Chucky, and the other two are currently employed. What are your thoughts?
Originally posted by brucesf49:
PLAYOFFS?!?!?

thankyou playoffs what the f ever.... playoffs. the source is an idiot talking about playoffs when this team has yet to win a game ........bloody playoffs
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

no way I hate billick... even in the front office

Dungy is a stand up guy, but I don't see him coming to the West Coast.
Originally posted by ninerfan42:
Other teams are having no problem figuring how to stop the niners. This is due to Singletary's stagnant philosophy. This will only change with a change at head coach. Singletary is too set in his ways. I love the guy, but he is a motivational speaker, not a head coach.

The front office feels that nobody on the coaching staff can step in and turn the team around. I concur.

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

Personally, I prefer Chucky, and the other two are currently employed. What are your thoughts?

Del Rio?? Fox?? Common my man, raise your expectations a little. How about:

Dungy
Gruden
Cowher

In that particular order....

I do applaud the front office for sticking to Singletary IF they truly gave him the conditions that the 'rat' divulged. Give these guys the entire season to convince EVERYONE and their grandmas that this is not our future. You can make the argument that we could promote someone from within or bring someone in, but that would put them in a worst position and would automatically throw the season away.

[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Oct 12, 2010 at 22:08:32 ]

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

not del rio

chucky, if he'd even bother...

maybe fox, but not too thrilling.

i'm down with billick, but not cowher.
FIRE SINGLETARY THREAD
Originally posted by seeking6th:

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

not del rio

chucky, if he'd even bother...

maybe fox, but not too thrilling.

i'm down with billick, but not cowher.

Billick
We need a President of Football Operations more than a HC first IMO.
Oooh boy Uncle Eddie is preaching in that boy's year what a coach has to do to keep his job!

Kind've makes sense, Jed has referenced (have you will) the 1988 season, and correct me if I'm wrong, but that season wasn't just about a 5-game comeback into the playoffs... but Bill Walsh was gonna get canned at that point if he hadn't won the Superbowl (or an NFC Championship appearance).

So clearly Jed is putting the pressure down on Sing more than it appears. f**k the face of the franchise crap, the boy's got a stadium to sell!