There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

This Might Sound Crazy

But a little injury to Frank Gore might force the Niners offensive coaches to spread the ball around to Dixon, Westbrook, and de-prioritize the conservative run game. I think the offense would be stronger if we weren't so dependent on Gore. Westbrook can do what Gore does on screen plays. Dixon can cut and run through the line almost as well as Gore. I'm certainly not hoping for Gore to go down, but at this point, it might not be the worst thing for our offense to discover what else we have on our depth chart.

[sorry for the triple post, the server is jammed and it didn't seem like it was working.]

[ Edited by Psinex on Oct 11, 2010 at 01:54:52 ]
I don't think its crazy at all. I believe this reliance on Gore to be the bell cow is hurting this team offensively. Too much emphasis on Gore is leading to a conservative, 3 yards(if lucky) and a cloud of dust offensive philosophy. Anyone with half a brain can see this approach is not working.

The offensive line has shown a consistent inability to move people off the ball the last two seasons, and it is getting to be really frustrating watching Smith hand off to Gore for a two yard gain up the middle on 1st down. This reliance on Gore is also effecting the personnel groupings and formations, where our best players are not on the field(i.e. Morgan instead of Crabtree) and sets the team up for failure on the later downs.

The offense needs to change to a more aggressive shotgun based, pass first philosophy. Its the only time this team can consistently move the football. It allows for them to hit those big plays that have been lacking all season, and it will also open up some running lanes for Gore.
i think we need to come out throwing and use gore to wear defeneses down in the second half
I think they would send Westbrook and/or Dixon up the gut....
Thats probably the only way to spread the snaps. Gore gets upset if he's taken out of the game...
You know what.. the same thought flashed through my mind yesterday as I was watching the game...

these runs up the middle are just not going to do it..

on the other hand Gore is highly respected RB.. and defenses usually stack up against him.. it's something that needs to be used more to our advantage..
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I don't think its crazy at all. I believe this reliance on Gore to be the bell cow is hurting this team offensively. Too much emphasis on Gore is leading to a conservative, 3 yards(if lucky) and a cloud of dust offensive philosophy. Anyone with half a brain can see this approach is not working.

The offensive line has shown a consistent inability to move people off the ball the last two seasons, and it is getting to be really frustrating watching Smith hand off to Gore for a two yard gain up the middle on 1st down. This reliance on Gore is also effecting the personnel groupings and formations, where our best players are not on the field(i.e. Morgan instead of Crabtree) and sets the team up for failure on the later downs.

The offense needs to change to a more aggressive shotgun based, pass first philosophy. Its the only time this team can consistently move the football. It allows for them to hit those big plays that have been lacking all season, and it will also open up some running lanes for Gore.

We all see this, why cant our coaching staff see this? Successful teams get all their players involved. Look at KC's two headed running attack that kept us off balance. We have two capable guys to help Frank the tank out. He doesnt need every carry. Maybe give him some rest, and he wont fumble so much. I think Singletary listens to his players too much, HE is the coach, get Norris out of here, Westbrook played about four snaps, and Dixon maybe one. get some new looks out there. We need personnel changes like no other team. LaBoy should be starting on defense. Gore up the middle for two is killing us, and it happens about 10 times a game. Singletary right now IS the problem.
I was glad to hear the stick start booing after the first play.. (quiet, the boos grew louder later)

Iform run up the middle..

Not only that, but the iform run up the middle or play action are the only two plays we run from that, so the eagles were sitting on the playaction all night.

So yes OP we need something to happen, to force us to spread it around. BTW I want to see more of dixon, gore seems like he doesn't know where to run on some plays now.
Originally posted by TrueNiner:
You know what.. the same thought flashed through my mind yesterday as I was watching the game...

these runs up the middle are just not going to do it..

on the other hand Gore is highly respected RB.. and defenses usually stack up against him.. it's something that needs to be used more to our advantage..

I hear you guys but that is gore's only running strength, up the middle. He seems to be unable to bounce it to the outside like the younger running back studs can do. Heck he cannot even hold hid footing always slipping this really irrates me!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I was glad to hear the stick start booing after the first play.. (quiet, the boos grew louder later)

Iform run up the middle..

Not only that, but the iform run up the middle or play action are the only two plays we run from that, so the eagles were sitting on the playaction all night.

So yes OP we need something to happen, to force us to spread it around. BTW I want to see more of dixon, gore seems like he doesn't know where to run on some plays now.

lol like an offensive line
Raye playcalling used to be so predictable bc when we were in shotgun it was a pass play and when we were not shotgun it was a run.

Dixon in the game it's a run, Westbrook in the game and it's a pass. Unless both are in the backfield together
I am already completely convinced that no matter what they try and do, or change, in the system this season, will not result in some "dream win-streak" we are all hoping for.

This team truly has bad dynamics within the coaching staff and players. It really is time to re-build.


Originally posted by verb1der:
I am already completely convinced that no matter what they try and do, or change, in the system this season, will not result in some "dream win-streak" we are all hoping for.

This team truly has bad dynamics within the coaching staff and players. It really is time to re-build.
Originally posted by fly15:
Thats probably the only way to spread the snaps. Gore gets upset if he's taken out of the game...

He's going to have to deal. We're 0-5 now with him getting everything all the time.

Obviously, something's not working.

Ideally, we should be able to use him as a decoy because of that "respect", right? Why not use more play action?

Fact is though....out of the spread, we can pass the ball regardless.