LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

This Might Sound Crazy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have Gore on my fantasy team () I don't want him to get injured, I just want the Niners to actually run some creative plays with him instead of up the middle.
All I have to say is that my suspicions proved to be true...Westbrook and Dixon are far more effective and unpredictable than Gore and Singlebraincell's offensive philosophy. You fools mindlessly believed Singletary, Raye and Johnson's BS that Westbrook was still learning the offense. Unfortunately, Gore got injured far too late in the season to make a difference.

[ Edited by Psinex on Nov 29, 2010 at 19:11:43 ]
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
I don't think its crazy at all. I believe this reliance on Gore to be the bell cow is hurting this team offensively. Too much emphasis on Gore is leading to a conservative, 3 yards(if lucky) and a cloud of dust offensive philosophy. Anyone with half a brain can see this approach is not working.

The offensive line has shown a consistent inability to move people off the ball the last two seasons, and it is getting to be really frustrating watching Smith hand off to Gore for a two yard gain up the middle on 1st down. This reliance on Gore is also effecting the personnel groupings and formations, where our best players are not on the field(i.e. Morgan instead of Crabtree) and sets the team up for failure on the later downs.

The offense needs to change to a more aggressive shotgun based, pass first philosophy. Its the only time this team can consistently move the football. It allows for them to hit those big plays that have been lacking all season, and it will also open up some running lanes for Gore.

Agree. Like to see what we look like doing this.
Wow, Westbrook looks real slow.
Absolutely. This team needed to switch it up in a very bad way. This game is nothing more than an illusion though.
Considering how bad AZ's D was tonight, I'm not sure what (if anything) we can take away from tonight's performance. I spent most of the 4th quarter wondering if I was learning anything about Dixon.

That being said, I'd kill to see some two back sets with Gore and Westbrook, but there's less than a snow ball's chance of seeing that this season.
Spell Gore and Westbrook.

In the football sense, not literally.
Brian Westbrook is a pro bowl player with something left in the tank. If the 49ers can knock off the Packers then we can say the season isn't a total wash. The Cardinals are pathetic and I would not attach anything to this game. They should have scored 40, at least. In the end meaningless wins will cost a higher draft pick.
Nice job injuring Gore with this here jinx thread.
Originally posted by Psinex:
But a little injury to Frank Gore might force the Niners offensive coaches to spread the ball around to Dixon, Westbrook, and de-prioritize the conservative run game. I think the offense would be stronger if we weren't so dependent on Gore. Westbrook can do what Gore does on screen plays. Dixon can cut and run through the line almost as well as Gore. I'm certainly not hoping for Gore to go down, but at this point, it might not be the worst thing for our offense to discover what else we have on our depth chart.

[sorry for the triple post, the server is jammed and it didn't seem like it was working.]

I would hope this would mean more touches for Vernon, Crabtree, Morgan, and even Walker. That would be the only way for us to get an indirect benifit from this; if the coaches use our other weapons to compensate for the loss of Frank. Frank is no longer around to funnel our offense through, but wait, that might be giving these coaches too much credit to think that they would do that.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

How does a jinx schedule work? I created this post on October 10th. Does it normally take a week, two months?
But a little injury to Frank Gore might force the Niners offensive coaches to spread the ball around to Dixon, Westbrook, and de-prioritize the conservative run game. I think the offense would be stronger if we weren't so dependent on Gore. Westbrook can do what Gore does on screen plays. Dixon can cut and run through the line almost as well as Gore. I'm certainly not hoping for Gore to go down, but at this point, it might not be the worst thing for our offense to discover what else we have on our depth chart.

[sorry for the triple post, the server is jammed and it didn't seem like it was working.]

I agree. I think this will open up the offense and we'll see what we really have in our players and offensive coaches. This may be a blessing in disguise, as Westbrook actually got some yardage and made some moves Gore wouldnt have made. Did anyone notice our offense DIDNT miss a beat with Westbrook in there ??
In 2005 the 49ers drafted Alex Smith and Frank Gore

In 2011 it's time the 49ers draft a new QB and RB
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

How does a jinx schedule work? I created this post on October 10th. Does it normally take a week, two months?

S A R C A S M
Im looking forward to seeing this Offense without Gore, sue me.
Share 49ersWebzone