There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we still win the west?

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I can't bury us just yet. There's 5 division games left and until we lose one of them we still have a chance.

We lost to an 0-5 team with the worst offense in the NFL and you still think we can beat the teams in our division? Beyond that if we win out in the division that's only 6 wins.

I still think 8 wins gets it done in our division. A win against Denver and a win against St Louis off the bye and we might be saying we're only 2 games out with one game against Seattle at home left.

Don't get me wrong I understand we suck, but I also get that this is the worse division in the history of the NFL. Tennessee last year was 1-6 but found a way to get to 8-8. As bad as things are right now if we can just find a way to win a couple of games the momentum could turn.

lol, sorry bro, not with this o-line. Better luck next season though!
Originally posted by Antix:
No. And the moment you guys in San Fran stop deluding yourselves and start holding the owners accountable the sooner things may get fixed.

There's nothing the owner can do in season to turn things around.

Once the season is over I agree Jed's gotta step up, but as of right now we pretty much have to run with what we got.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Antix:
No. And the moment you guys in San Fran stop deluding yourselves and start holding the owners accountable the sooner things may get fixed.

There's nothing the owner can do in season to turn things around.

Once the season is over I agree Jed's gotta step up, but as of right now we pretty much have to run with what we got.

this.

wtf is yelling at the owners going to do now. Everyone here are hypocrites. If we fire Singletary midseason, we will have to hire someone on short notice, and you all will be excited. Then in 2 years we will realize that he sucks as well and you will blame the ownership again. Settle down, wait until the season is over and then we can fix the coaching staff. Right now we have to stick to what we have
I am really sick of hearing people talk about how we can still win the west and make the playoffs....Singletary needs to come to reality and realize our season is over.
Tom Brady came off the bench
Singletary's mentors were Dikta (poor strategist, mainly motivated by chewing out players), and Nolan (always brought the team out flat and then won meaningless games).

So it would be no surprise to see the Niners now start winning just enough games to have a meaningless impact on the season and drop us out of a prime draft position!! I'm sure the cheap Yorks will like that. LOL
haha
Originally posted by backontop:
if we win the west this year then giant blue flames will shoot out of my ass as i fly through the sky at mach speeds.

Prepare to blast off!

Originally posted by HearstFan:
Singletary's mentors were Dikta (poor strategist, mainly motivated by chewing out players), and Nolan (always brought the team out flat and then won meaningless games).

So it would be no surprise to see the Niners now start winning just enough games to have a meaningless impact on the season and drop us out of a prime draft position!! I'm sure the cheap Yorks will like that. LOL

Oh that Mike Ditka! The EX New Orleans Coach who in 1999 traded ALL of his draft picks including his first round pick for the following year to get Ricky Williams. Then he went on to post a 3-13 won and loss record.

FIRED at the end of that year ... That Ditka! LOL!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by backontop:
if we win the west this year then giant blue flames will shoot out of my ass as i fly through the sky at mach speeds.

Prepare to blast off!


L-O-L!
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,759
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

It's over! we can't even beat the Panthers. They had Rookies who ate up our $100,000 CB.

Our $100,000 CB? Will James?

Forgot more 0 will James didn't get burned that bad!

[ Edited by titan on Oct 25, 2010 at 19:09:30 ]
I agree that this team has talent and had a few bad breaks that caused really lose losses. At the same time, there's a reason why those bad breaks result in losses for us: we don't have the QB or coaching ability to come back from mistakes.

Can we still win the West? If we sweep the rest of our division games, we'll be at least 6-10. In that scenario, we'd probably win if we can find one more win and get to 7-9. Who would that come against? San Diego? Tampa Bay? Green Bay? A win against any of those teams would be considered an upset, on top of the unlikely scenario of us beating St. Louis at home.

I see us beating St. Louis at Candlestick and Arizona twice. That makes us 4-12, and a probably the third pick in the draft.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Singletary's mentors were Dikta (poor strategist, mainly motivated by chewing out players), and Nolan (always brought the team out flat and then won meaningless games).

So it would be no surprise to see the Niners now start winning just enough games to have a meaningless impact on the season and drop us out of a prime draft position!! I'm sure the cheap Yorks will like that. LOL

Oh that Mike Ditka! The EX New Orleans Coach who in 1999 traded ALL of his draft picks including his first round pick for the following year to get Ricky Williams. Then he went on to post a 3-13 won and loss record.

FIRED at the end of that year ... That Ditka! LOL!

Funniest draft ever