LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Can we still win the west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I can't bury us just yet. There's 5 division games left and until we lose one of them we still have a chance.

We lost to an 0-5 team with the worst offense in the NFL and you still think we can beat the teams in our division? Beyond that if we win out in the division that's only 6 wins.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by kjrustin933:
you guys need to have a little more faith in your team if you even want to claim yourself as a fan.

People like you make me want to earn my first warning. Your definition of real fan to me is some delusional nut who is either drunk, high on drugs, needs psychiatric help or all of the above. Running around saying this team is any better than the train wreck it is makes you look foolish. You can still be a good fan and realize this team as it is, is garbage. And my team I mean everyone from the owners on down.

This team is ONE PLAY (in each game) from being 5-2 with wins over three probable NFC playoff teams.

The ability to win is there in every remaining game should A.) players that should be playing better start to play like they should (i.e. Spencer who was HORRIBLE against Carolina) and B.) young players start to step up and get better in the 2nd half of the season (i.e. A. Davis, Mays, Bowman). Considering we've still only played one game in division it's definitely possible to win the division. I wouldn't dare bet money that it will happen, but it's possible.

[ Edited by Gavintech on Oct 25, 2010 at 16:10:52 ]
Technically speaking, yes we can!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Technically speaking, yes we can!

technically yes, but not if the Carr wreck is directing the offense.
Originally posted by 49Crabs:
I can't bury us just yet. There's 5 division games left and until we lose one of them we still have a chance.

• Antix
  • Veteran
No. And the moment you guys in San Fran stop deluding yourselves and start holding the owners accountable the sooner things may get fixed.
Stop drinking the Kool Aid dingleberry is giving and realize that this organization needs a shakedown from top to bottom.
I'm tired of hearing "playoffs" and "49er" in the same sentence except for: 49ers will not make the playoffs this year. I don't see this team wining more than 5 games this season and it's time to put in Nate Davis, Dixon, Zeigler to see what kind of talent we have in the future.
Originally posted by Antix:
No. And the moment you guys in San Fran stop deluding yourselves and start holding the owners accountable the sooner things may get fixed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

It's over! we can't even beat the Panthers. They had Rookies who ate up our $100,000 CB.

I just won a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carls Jr.

does that count?
8 games will win it.. dont think we can get to 8..
Seattle, IMHO is the favorite right now. As average as they are, they play tough at home and win the games theyre suppose to
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

It's over! we can't even beat the Panthers. They had Rookies who ate up our $100,000 CB.

Our $100,000 CB? Will James?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I just won a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carls Jr.

does that count?

If your goal was to make me jealous.

It also means we'll never win again.

Thanks a lot.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

We lost to an 0-5 team with the worst offense in the NFL and you still think we can beat the teams in our division? Beyond that if we win out in the division that's only 6 wins.

I still think 8 wins gets it done in our division. A win against Denver and a win against St Louis off the bye and we might be saying we're only 2 games out with one game against Seattle at home left.

Don't get me wrong I understand we suck, but I also get that this is the worse division in the history of the NFL. Tennessee last year was 1-6 but found a way to get to 8-8. As bad as things are right now if we can just find a way to win a couple of games the momentum could turn.
Share 49ersWebzone