There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Good God we got Dumbass coaches

http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/07/10/49ers-Notebook-Johnson-Wants-to-See-Big-/landing.html?full_args=10/07/10/49ers-Notebook-Johnson-Wants-to-See-Big-/landing&blockID=326697&feedID=5936

No Second-Guessing Clements: Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said cornerback Nate Clements did the right thing on Sunday when he picked off a Matt Ryan pass against the Falcons.

"Got an opportunity, go score," Manusky said. "Why not? I would."

Clements was stripped of the ball, the Falcons retained possession and marched down the field for the winning field goal on the final play of the game.

"Did he want to fumble the ball? No," Manusky said. "He tried to make a play. The more players on your team that try to make plays, the better off you're going to be."

Read more: 49ers Notebook: Johnson Wants to See Big Plays
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

***REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! are you seriously condoning this type of stupidity? coach your players to win the game! no he should not have tried to score, you go down and win the game! FFS!!!!!!!!!!
With our record and the players near losing the coach status: our coaches are beginning the kiss the players ass.
I guess Manusky does not comprehend that these are timed contests
he scores, you guys would still be slobbering all over Nates nuts. Hind sight is always 20/20. I was screaming for him to get down too, but understand why he did what he did.
I blame him for not protecting the ball
I like what he said.
but i also understand that nate should have went down.
but this quote "The more players on your team that try to make plays, the better off you're going to be." is very true.
Originally posted by teeohh:

that
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he scores, you guys would still be slobbering all over Nates nuts. Hind sight is always 20/20. I was screaming for him to get down too, but understand why he did what he did.

So any smart person's initial reaction would be to get down, right? That's the right play, that's smart coaching right? Dumbass Manusky here says that Clements made the right play, do you agree with that?
Originally posted by danimal:
I guess Manusky does not comprehend that these are timed contests

as far as I remember, the team with the most points wins.

And it wasn't a given that our offense was going to run out the clock.

Aside from the fact that linemen were running faster then Clements (b/c he's a slug now), you have to have situational awareness and know it's a matter of time before someone tries to strip it or even run closer to the sideline whereby if you "feel" anybody you just step out of bounds. Maybe turn your head at least? Funny how this is the second time White has done this to us and the rest of the 10 men just let him SPRINT right by everyone w/o laying a single hand on him or alert the ball carrier. We are one DUMB team!

Exactly. Atlanta had 3 timeouts at that time. Nate should have shown more awareness, he should have known that someone will come from behind to try knock it out. I mean, he has done that so many times in his career, I was surprised that he didn't expect that to happen.

I didn't mind him trying to score. Hell, if he didn't Nedney would have had to cause....oh well you know. But damn, hold the ball to your chest.

He scores and it gives the Falcons time to score a TD and go for a 2 pt conversion

Getting down wasn't hindsight. That is knowing the game situation (i.e., time almost expired and team has the lead already)

i agree, try to score, but protect the ball
Originally posted by niners9:

i agree, try to score, but protect the ball

If he scores, it's still one possession. In THIS situation, time is more valuable than points.