LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Good God we got Dumbass coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
yes, he should of gotten down. that would of been the smart thing to do. The coach knows that, but he's gonna back up his player.
I lol'd @ the title.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Oct 7, 2010 at 15:54:35 ]
At least our dumbest coach was fired last week.
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I blame him for not protecting the ball

i agree, try to score, but protect the ball

If he scores, it's still one possession. In THIS situation, time is more valuable than points.

1. Quit assuming our O was going to run out the clock. Atlanta still had 3 timeouts.
  2. A score changes the game. Now Atlanta needs a TD to TIE the game, not just a FG to WIN.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Scoring is fine. Fumbling an INT is inexcusable. It's not Manusky's fault he fumbled and had he scored it woulda changed everything.

Blame coaches when they should be blames, blamed players when they should be blamed. That was all on Nate Clements.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he scores, you guys would still be slobbering all over Nates nuts. Hind sight is always 20/20. I was screaming for him to get down too, but understand why he did what he did.

example #7908213 where "hindsight is 20/20" is misused in Niner Talk.

When you can identify a mistake before and while something is happening, its not hindsight.

Had he scored I would be saying this.

"Nate is one stupid football player, and here is the latest example"
I just don't get why the f**k he decided to jog at about the 20 instead of sprinting.
I thought we were doing drills where the defense holds on to the ball? Nate must have sat the one out where Spencer layed out Brooks.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I agree with what Manusky is trying to say. Take some calculated risks, live with some of the errors. I agree. The opposite is play more conservatively. Should Clements have protected the ball? Absolutely.

Clements knows he should've protected the ball. The coaches know he should've protected the ball. The other players know and clearly the fans know.

What good does it do for Manusky to publicly criticize Clements when Nate already knows he made a mistake? Move on.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/10/07/10/49ers-Notebook-Johnson-Wants-to-See-Big-/landing.html?full_args=10/07/10/49ers-Notebook-Johnson-Wants-to-See-Big-/landing&blockID=326697&feedID=5936

No Second-Guessing Clements: Defensive coordinator Greg Manusky said cornerback Nate Clements did the right thing on Sunday when he picked off a Matt Ryan pass against the Falcons.

"Got an opportunity, go score," Manusky said. "Why not? I would."

Clements was stripped of the ball, the Falcons retained possession and marched down the field for the winning field goal on the final play of the game.

"Did he want to fumble the ball? No," Manusky said. "He tried to make a play. The more players on your team that try to make plays, the better off you're going to be."

Read more: 49ers Notebook: Johnson Wants to See Big Plays
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

***REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! are you seriously condoning this type of stupidity? coach your players to win the game! no he should not have tried to score, you go down and win the game! FFS!!!!!!!!!!

hold on just a minute there, He probably does not like what clements did on that play but what good does it do to bash your player in front of the media. No kidding he should have gone down, but you cannot say, "yea he is a freaking idiot for doing that, why do I even bother with that guy." So he was just trying to back him up. Read between the lines buddy

I agree. He just tried to make a play.
Me during that play: (screaming at the TV and frightening my friends...as I do every game)
"Protect the ball! Protect the damn ball!! Protect the ******* ball!!!!!"
*fumble*
"You didn't protect the *****************************ball!!!!!"
*insert many more random obscenities*
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I blame him for not protecting the ball

i agree, try to score, but protect the ball

If he scores, it's still one possession. In THIS situation, time is more valuable than points.

1. Quit assuming our O was going to run out the clock. Atlanta still had 3 timeouts.
  2. A score changes the game. Now Atlanta needs a TD to TIE the game, not just a FG to WIN.

and they would have needed the 2 point converson to just tie it up.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree. He just tried to make a play.

he already did make the play. Part of making plays is knowing when you already have.
If he would have just fallen after he intercepted the ball, we would have had the ball at midfield. Atlanta had 3 timeouts left, with our s**tty offense they would have gotten the ball back.

I have no problem with him trying to score, but you have to be smart and protect the ball. Protecting the ball is more important then scoring.
Share 49ersWebzone