There are 295 users in the forums

Good God we got Dumbass coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I blame him for not protecting the ball

i agree, try to score, but protect the ball

If he scores, it's still one possession. In THIS situation, time is more valuable than points.

A-f**ing-MEN
Originally posted by teeohh:
I blame him for not protecting the ball

Bingo. Consider the following:

Nate picked the ball at about the 49er's 30 (going off memory), and there was plenty open field in front of him. I don't think he was showboating, instead knowing like everyone else a TD would essentially put the game away. Also, considering that our offense couldn't move the ball to save their lives, and Atlanta was looking to just running time off the clock (to ultimately kick a FG), returning it was absolutely the right decision.

Had he held onto the ball, we would've at the MINIMUM walked away with a FG, likely winning the game. So good heads up play on the INT, but next time SECURE THE FREAKING BALL NATE.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he scores, you guys would still be slobbering all over Nates nuts. Hind sight is always 20/20. I was screaming for him to get down too, but understand why he did what he did.

So any smart person's initial reaction would be to get down, right? That's the right play, that's smart coaching right? Dumbass Manusky here says that Clements made the right play, do you agree with that?

His biggest mistake was the lack of ball security. The play wasn't half as bad as the way he carried the ball.
I think trying to score is the right thing. I'm just ticked that he didn't have that sucker more secure while he was running towrads the end zone.
you just found that out , the 0-4 was not enough of a clue ? we have a really good team but the QB and coaches are the problem !
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he scores, you guys would still be slobbering all over Nates nuts. Hind sight is always 20/20. I was screaming for him to get down too, but understand why he did what he did.

the way he handles the ball ... he will never score a pick six unless there's nobody in front and nobody behind him
There's no "if" man
that's the way it happened and the guy's stupid
you'll have to live with it
Originally posted by Antix:
Scoring is fine. Fumbling an INT is inexcusable. It's not Manusky's fault he fumbled and had he scored it woulda changed everything.

Blame coaches when they should be blames, blamed players when they should be blamed. That was all on Nate Clements.

it depends if he was ever taught to protect the ball or not
If he was it's all on him
If not, the blame goes to the coaching staff
Some of you guys should go apply for NFL coach because all I hear in this forum is how much better you would do as 49ers' coaches than the actual staff.
Originally posted by rawdel:
At least our dumbest coach was fired last week.

Yeah, one down....how many more to go?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I lol'd @ the title.

ironic isn't it?

Originally posted by boast:
typical f**kin Niner Talk. you chastise Alex for not taking chances with the ball and then come back and chastise Nate for doing the opposite. that's the only DUMB thing in this thread, OP.

of course Manusky is going to say this and i wholeheartedly agree with his explanation.

"He tried to make a play. The more players on your team that try to make plays, the better off you're going to be."

and there was too much time left on the clock with ATL still holding 3 timeouts.

Niner Talk at it's finest.

let's say he went down. niners ball with 1:33 on the clock. first down, gore up the middle, 2 yrds, 1:27 on clock, atlanta time out #1. second down, gore up the middle 2yrds, 1:20 on the clock, atlanta time out #2. third down, gore up the middle 2yrds, 1:15 on the clock, atlanta time out #3. punt to end zone, 1:08 on clock. Atlanta ball at 20 yrd line, 1:08 in game, NO timeouts.

Dont you think our defense stops them? they cant throw up the middle of field, defend the sidelines? better situation than after Nate fumbles and they have 3 timeouts, forcing us to defend the whole field?

that was worst case, best case, Gore gets us a first down, GAME OVER.

either scenario, odds are we win.

EXACTLY. Anyone who can not comprehend this has no business being a NFL coach. This is elementary stuff as far as I am concerned. Again best case scenario Gore gets a 1st, game over....worst case....ALL THE PRESSURE is on them and they will have to play risky

Going down IS making the play
Originally posted by Nyner:
Clemens did the right thing. Anyone picking the ball would of tried to score. It was just a matter of some bad luck.

Luck is for losers.
Winners have freakin SITUATIONAL AWARENESS.
He should have gone down. End of story.
Originally posted by TN-Niner:
Clemens did the right thing. Anyone picking the ball would of tried to score. It was just a matter of some bad luck.

Luck is for losers.

Or more accurately, winners create their own luck by putting themselves in a position for success.
Nate did this by picking off the pass.
He failed to do this by:
a) Not protecting the ball
b) Not going down or getting out of bounds

What gets me is that in that situation, before the defense even takes the field, the coaches should be rallying the players and saying "Look we have the lead with less than 2 minutes left. If we get a turnover, don't do anything stupid!"
This is coaching 101. The players know this, Sing and Manusky do too.
It all comes back to lack of discipline - you look at all the major mistakes that have cost them games this season and discipline is the key and that comes from strong coaching which we apparently lack.

[ Edited by scopur49er on Oct 8, 2010 at 10:57:58 ]
Originally posted by scopur49er:
Originally posted by TN-Niner:

Luck is for losers.

Or more accurately, winners create their own luck by putting themselves in a position for success.
Nate did this by picking off the pass.
He failed to do this by:
a) Not protecting the ball
b) Not going down or getting out of bounds

What gets me is that in that situation, before the defense even takes the field, the coaches should be rallying the players and saying "Look we have the lead with less than 2 minutes left. If we get a turnover, don't do anything stupid!"
This is coaching 101. The players know this, Sing and Manusky do too.
It all comes back to lack of discipline - you look at all the major mistakes that have cost them games this season and discipline is the key and that comes from strong coaching which we apparently lack.

I agree, but it is not luck when you make it happen; then it is good preparation.
Games are won during the week, not on Sunday. Lack of preparation has been a problem since Nolan was coach. Sing is a continuation of Nolan, albeit with a cheerleader mentality and a lack of coordinator experience.
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zocool16:
Some of you guys should go apply for NFL coach because all I hear in this forum is how much better you would do as 49ers' coaches than the actual staff.

Well, considering our current coaching staff, you may be right
Share 49ersWebzone