There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why we will win this division and are much better than we all think

Sheesh, Alex Smith talk can get me into a neverending loop of negative. Here's something very positive we all need to think about.

0 wins
4 losses

1. All 4 losses have been to division leaders.
2. 3 teams are 3-1 or better.
3. We pretty much dominated the of the top teams in the NFL: ATL and NO. Too many fumbles.

I don't think we need the spread. I don't think we need to "open things up". What we need is to do what we have been doing minus the "What the f**k Shoot myself in the Foot" plays.

If we open things up, we are going to find another way to lose. We need to stick to what we've been doing minus the dumb turnovers.

We WILL handle Philly.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:18 PM ]
Pass the J homie.. i been trying to be positive about A.Smith .. given the kid a shot .. heck i even have his Jersey... he jus dont have it in him.. it is an unfortunate thing to realize this but its the truth.. year 6 and still nothing..

But hey here is to hope for you .. i will always be a fan but realisticly speaking it aint gonna happen... Dont be surprised if the Rams make the playoffs ... Bradford is a beast.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Sheesh, Alex Smith talk can get me into a neverending loop of negative. Here's something very positive we all need to think about.

0 wins
4 losses

lmao
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
Pass the J homie.. i been trying to be positive about A.Smith .. given the kid a shot .. heck i even have his Jersey... he jus dont have it in him.. it is an unfortunate thing to realize this but its the truth.. year 6 and still nothing..

But hey here is to hope for you .. i will always be a fan but realisticly speaking it aint gonna happen... Dont be surprised if the Rams make the playoffs ... Bradford is a beast.

I don't think he's saying there's hope for Alex Smith. He's saying we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and we will win, which is true. Unfortunately, Alex Smith is the one with the gun.

We are a very good offense if the run is working well and we need to get more creative in making the run work, not the pass.

We don't have an identity because we keep forcing Smith into a higher role. The more we pass, the more mistakes he will make because he will be required, sooner or later, to make a tight throw. We need to limit these occasions.
In some ways our toughest games were the first ones. And the later half of the schedule is so weak. Plus I've never seen a team dumb enough to do "what the F?" stupid shoot yourself in the foot plays all season long. There is no way we can shoot ourselves in the foot for 16 games. Some games we will get lucky and not make mistakes. If we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so much this team as is could be 2 - 2. With the later portions of the schedule easier it's not hard to see us making less mistakes and winning more games.

I could see us go on a meaningless win streak and provide false hope. Sure it could happen. And we could win the division. Even better Sing and Smith could be back for 2011...
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I don't think he's saying there's hope for Alex Smith. He's saying we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot and we will win, which is true. Unfortunately, Alex Smith is the one with the gun.

I'm also saying we need to stop trying to force Alex into a higher role. His role is to stay safe and don't try to do s**t unless he sees a receiver open by a yard or more.

Reality is, this offense's identity is that we are limited at QB. We (the team) seems to refuse to believe this or are forcing the situation because they know Vernon and Crabtree will get frustrated and they are putting a dent in the payroll.

We need to get more creative in our running plays and stay safe in our passing.
You don't think we need the spread? If we go to the spread, my money says we move the chains, score more points, AND convert less turnovers. Oh, and I almost forgot, win more games!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
In some ways our toughest games were the first ones. And the later half of the schedule is so weak. Plus I've never seen a team dumb enough to do "what the F?" stupid shoot yourself in the foot plays all season long. There is no way we can shoot ourselves in the foot for 16 games. Some games we will get lucky and not make mistakes. If we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so much this team as is could be 2 - 2. With the later portions of the schedule easier it's not hard to see us making less mistakes and winning more games.

I could see us go on a meaningless win streak and provide false hope. Sure it could happen. And we could win the division. Even better Sing and Smith could be back for 2011...

We need to stop forcing Smith's role. 7 INTs in 4 games! WR fault or QB fault, we need to keep it safe in passing and creative in running.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

0 wins
4 losses

lmao

This is the dumbest s**t I have ever read.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

We need to stop forcing Smith's role. 7 INTs in 4 games! WR fault or QB fault, we need to keep it safe in passing and creative in running.

Safe passing and creative running and defense and special teams is the formula for this team. Problem is our D is not stopper caliber. Not as advertised. And our special teams is real capable of dropping a punt at the 5 yard line giving the other team first and goal at the 5...

Safe passing would be good but it's not their only problem. We have more problems than that.

Having said that I wouldn't have this team throw across the middle into double coverage. We don't have Brett Favre who can get that in there. They do have a poor understanding of what they have. Alex tends to throw high. So a yard of separation is the only time he should throw. If it's closely covered he should throw it out of bounds.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
You don't think we need the spread? If we go to the spread, my money says we move the chains, score more points, AND convert less turnovers. Oh, and I almost forgot, win more games!

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE SPREAD OFFENSE IS.

The spread offense is a system and has to be run as such. NO TEAM IN THE NFL USES THE SPREAD OFFENSE EXCLUSIVELY. The closest thing to it is Indianapolis because of Peyton Manning. Shotgun formations don't mean it's a spread offense like you think. Almost every team uses the shotgun with 3-5 receivers at some point. That doesn't make it a spread offense. We can come out and play from the shotgun every single snap for a whole game and that wouldn't make it the spread offense.

I've studied the spread. You might want to do the same before you go assuming it will work.

The spread offense is a system and has to be run as such. NO TEAM IN THE NFL USES THE SPREAD OFFENSE EXCLUSIVELY. The closest thing to it is Indianapolis because of Peyton Manning. Shotgun formations don't mean it's a spread offense like you think. Almost every team uses the shotgun with 3-5 receivers at some point. That doesn't make it a spread offense. We can come out and play from the shotgun every single snap for a whole game and that wouldn't make it the spread offense.

I've studied the spread. You might want to do the same before you go assuming it will work.

So much anger.. lol

People just don't notice that there are two or three teams that run a lot of "spread" type offense. Those teams have great mutherf**ken QBs who don't f**k up often, read defenses, move defenses around, and own the damn field whenever they f**ken want to.

We...

...have Alex Smith.

People just don't notice that there are two or three teams that run a lot of "spread" type offense. Those teams have great mutherf**ken QBs who don't f**k up often, read defenses, move defenses around, and own the damn field whenever they f**ken want to.

We...

...have Alex Smith.

No question Alex is much better in the spread though. We've seen it here and you have seen it at U. of Utah also.