There are 247 users in the forums

Why we will win this division and are much better than we all think

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
know we need to spread the offense and open things up cuz that is what Smith is comfortable with

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
In some ways our toughest games were the first ones. And the later half of the schedule is so weak. Plus I've never seen a team dumb enough to do "what the F?" stupid shoot yourself in the foot plays all season long. There is no way we can shoot ourselves in the foot for 16 games. Some games we will get lucky and not make mistakes. If we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so much this team as is could be 2 - 2. With the later portions of the schedule easier it's not hard to see us making less mistakes and winning more games.

I could see us go on a meaningless win streak and provide false hope. Sure it could happen. And we could win the division. Even better Sing and Smith could be back for 2011...

2-2 is what I thought we would be at this point. The funny thing is I thought those 2 wins would be against the Hawks and Chiefs, the two teams that crushed us. It has been a strange year.

True, but then again, those were road games and this team can't win on the road for some reason.

Well three out of our first 4 games were on the road and our only home game was against the Saints. So sticking with what Joecool stated we may still have a shot at this, but we are going to have to get hot.

As far as winning on the road, I though teams that run the ball and play great defense can win on the road? Isn't that what Sing was trying to build here? We have to end these stupid mental mistakes.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
In some ways our toughest games were the first ones. And the later half of the schedule is so weak. Plus I've never seen a team dumb enough to do "what the F?" stupid shoot yourself in the foot plays all season long. There is no way we can shoot ourselves in the foot for 16 games. Some games we will get lucky and not make mistakes. If we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot so much this team as is could be 2 - 2. With the later portions of the schedule easier it's not hard to see us making less mistakes and winning more games.

I could see us go on a meaningless win streak and provide false hope. Sure it could happen. And we could win the division. Even better Sing and Smith could be back for 2011...

• kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Delinquentwayz:
Pass the J homie.. i been trying to be positive about A.Smith .. given the kid a shot .. heck i even have his Jersey... he jus dont have it in him.. it is an unfortunate thing to realize this but its the truth.. year 6 and still nothing..

But hey here is to hope for you .. i will always be a fan but realisticly speaking it aint gonna happen... Dont be surprised if the Rams make the playoffs ... Bradford is a beast.

We are a very good offense if the run is working well and we need to get more creative in making the run work, not the pass.

We don't have an identity because we keep forcing Smith into a higher role. The more we pass, the more mistakes he will make because he will be required, sooner or later, to make a tight throw. We need to limit these occasions.

Here's the big problem...we are now 29 games into the Singletary regime. He is now on his 3rd OC because Martz had a different philosophy and Raye couldn't make Singletary's "Physical with an F" philosophy work.

After 2 Training Camps and a change in OL coaches, the 49ers now have 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks as starters on the OL and they still cannot get a consistent push or open holes for Gore. You're right that they need to limit the opportunities for a miscue in the passing game but that has not happened because the OL cannot consistently open holes for Gore.

This team was supposed to be a tough and smart team that pounded on the opponent and capitalized on the other team's mistakes. Instead, 29 games into Singletary's tenure, they have melted down twice on the road against teams that do not appear on paper to have the same talent as the 49ers and the defense has wilted on the final drives against the Saints and Falcons.

This team was "tougher" at the end of his 9 games as the interim HC than it is now. It is obvious that the 49ers need to find a better alternative at QB but the real issue here is the failure of Singletary's vision. If the offense and defense were both as "Fhysical" as he told us they would be, the 49ers wouldn't be 0-4, Smith would be better and they would probably be no worse than 2-2.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kem99:
Pass the J homie.. i been trying to be positive about A.Smith .. given the kid a shot .. heck i even have his Jersey... he jus dont have it in him.. it is an unfortunate thing to realize this but its the truth.. year 6 and still nothing..

But hey here is to hope for you .. i will always be a fan but realisticly speaking it aint gonna happen... Dont be surprised if the Rams make the playoffs ... Bradford is a beast.

We are a very good offense if the run is working well and we need to get more creative in making the run work, not the pass.

We don't have an identity because we keep forcing Smith into a higher role. The more we pass, the more mistakes he will make because he will be required, sooner or later, to make a tight throw. We need to limit these occasions.

Here's the big problem...we are now 29 games into the Singletary regime. He is now on his 3rd OC because Martz had a different philosophy and Raye couldn't make Singletary's "Physical with an F" philosophy work.

After 2 Training Camps and a change in OL coaches, the 49ers now have 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks as starters on the OL and they still cannot get a consistent push or open holes for Gore. You're right that they need to limit the opportunities for a miscue in the passing game but that has not happened because the OL cannot consistently open holes for Gore.

This team was supposed to be a tough and smart team that pounded on the opponent and capitalized on the other team's mistakes. Instead, 29 games into Singletary's tenure, they have melted down twice on the road against teams that do not appear on paper to have the same talent as the 49ers and the defense has wilted on the final drives against the Saints and Falcons.

This team was "tougher" at the end of his 9 games as the interim HC than it is now. It is obvious that the 49ers need to find a better alternative at QB but the real issue here is the failure of Singletary's vision. If the offense and defense were both as "Fhysical" as he told us they would be, the 49ers wouldn't be 0-4, Smith would be better and they would probably be no worse than 2-2.

His vision is outdated...there's no such thing as the '85 Bears D anymore...we don't have Walter Payton and not many other teams do...it's a different era. We're tough...we're physical...but if Singletary thinks he can take ANY team in this era and convert them into the '85 Bears, he's gonna end up sleeping with the homeless people in the Haight Ashbury.
12-4 to the super bowl we go!
I don't think we need the spread. I don't think we need to "open things up". What we need is to do what we have been doing minus the "What the f**k Shoot myself in the Foot" plays.

If we open things up, we are going to find another way to lose. We need to stick to what we've been doing minus the dumb turnovers.

So you suggest sticking with runs up the gut? THE OFFENSE IS CRAP, IT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.

wow..........WOW............WOW............a great offense? i think the patriots scored more points on monday than we did ALL YEAR.
someone said pass the J...i'll second that.

I'd agree w/o the mindless t.o.'s, we should be 2-2. We played better than both N.O. and Atlanta, yet in crunch time weren't able to close the deal. That's the thing with this team...no killer instinct and dumb mistakes at the most inopportune times. Until that stops, we'll be a talented team w/no moxy to overcome anything. There are peaks and valleys in just about every game...our trouble is we stay too long in the valleys, it's that simple.
Originally posted by tondiman:

wow..........WOW............WOW............a great offense? i think the patriots scored more points on monday than we did ALL YEAR.
someone said pass the J...i'll second that.

Oh don't get me wrong, I said, "IF" the run is working well during that game. I think diving up the middle is no different than telling a QB to checkdown. We need to come up with more creative run-plays or even standard run-plays other teams use because Gore succeeding = offense playing much better.

Another note, we have played 3 road games. Road games are very difficult but just so happens the teams we played are playing better than everyone in the NFL thought. Then our only home game was against the Superbowl champs.

Are you guys really surprised we are 0-4? Yes, 1-3 was expected but we still felt that 1 win would be on the road. Those games ain't easy to win.

Share 49ersWebzone