Fitzpatrick for Edwards
Vick for Kolb
Collins for Young
Clausen for Moore
Gradkowski for Campbell
Hall for Anderson
Thigpen for Henne
let me know if I forgot anyone else...

Doesn't it make sense to bench a starter for at least a quarter or a half, like Tenneesee did with Vince Young. They gave Vince his starting position back the next week, but it also sent the message that you need to preform at a certain level. This is the NFL. Campbell got benched and even the Raiders went with a QB that helps them move the ball. Whinenhunt had the balls to pull Anderson from the game to put in a nobody at QB, but he did it to send a message.

I'm tired of the excuse, do you really think Carr is better than Smith? He doesn't have to be physically better, he just has to make less mistakes. I'm still hoping we can run off 4 or 5 of the next six against less talented opponets, but we can't if we keep killing ourselves. We were 10 seconds away from being 2-2 with less than average QB play, I wonder what we can be with just average QB play.

Lastly in the words of one Michael Singletary, "Don't Tell me, Show Me"

I know Carr might not be as good, but as soon Alex throws 2 more INTs in a game i would like to see him benched to send the message, you can't turn the ball over 2+ times a game week in and week out. Let Carr play a quarter just so Alex sees what it looks like to take care of the ball.
[ Edited by global_nomad on Oct 4, 2010 at 8:23 PM ]
good point, but Singletary is foolishly and blindly behind Smith. Someone please stop the horror.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Alex is next
Alex Smith being benched = season is completely over. You don't know football if you don't realize this.

At least wait for a loss to the Eagles.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Alex Smith being benched = season is completely over. You don't know football if you don't realize this.

Season already over with Smith in there, so I don't see the difference.
To the original poster: did you actually mention making a change during a game?

You know better than this. We could be running a dive play for 40 plays throughout the entire game and a change won't happen until after the game is over. Then, in the next game, we will pass 40 times and another change won't happen until the third game. And in the third game, we will be balanced on offense but blitz every play and get torched for 40 points. Then in the 4th game...

...need anymore explanation?
Originally posted by highwayone:

I'm not saying bench him before the game. I'm saying if he keeps making poor game decisions. Then but Carr in (during the game) to see if he can salvage the situation.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

That's my point.

No QB on this team offers any better chance to win than Alex. At least he's got experience with the system and has more talent.

For real. Does anyone really believe the playoffs are within reach?? I cannot guarantee a win against anybody with this lackluster offence led by a terrible QB. Change might be just the spark the team needs.

I think it is time to see what Nate has. He should be elevated from the PS and put Smith onto the PS. See if someone snatches him up, LOL. Nobody would take Smith from the PS, He is worthless.

That's my point.

No QB on this team offers any better chance to win than Alex. At least he's got experience with the system and has more talent.

I'd rather see what Carr can do mid-game, instead of penciling in Alex's 2 INTs a game. If Alex has 2 ints, i'll pull him right there just to send a message, you can't make those kind of decisions/high throws week in and week out. You are our starter but protect the damn ball and give us a chance to win.
I say trade Alex Smith for anything.

Of course the only way someone will take him is if we offer something in addition.
I say trade Alex Smith for anything.

Of course the only way someone will take him is if we offer something in addition.

the bills released their 3rd round QB, they have no value if you don't win.
Didn't Kolb go down with injury? Without that injury Vick still hasn't seen the field.

That's my point.

Share 49ersWebzone