LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Why wouldnt have any of the reporters asked him to clarify what he meant? Cohn himself said he was not sure of what he meant so why not ask him to clarify?

Becaused no one holds Crabs accountable... Just ask our coaching staff.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
So Crabtree pointed out the obvious: Alex sucks period

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.

Who turned a three yard reception for a first down into an interception before the end of the half against Seattle? Who is the receiver that is killing Smith's stats? Oh, Crabtree? As I recall, this guy got chewed by VD for slacking, and that slacking is now paying NEGATIVE dividends.

There's too many "Yes Men" on the team. Even if it were wrong of Crabtree to say it, the fact is that it needs to be said. Everyone has been covering Smith up or keeping him from any scrutiny because every year, the last thing Smith needed was someone questioning his ability because the "poor guy" would get demoralized.

When one player says what appears to be the truth, it is obvious it isn't only one player who probably feels that way.

Props for Crabtree to be the scape goat and possibly express what players may be feeling about Alex Smith. Smith may have one good game, but he will have 2 bad games to follow.
As much as I want to see better QB play on this team, it is NEVER good to have a player come out and publicly call out a teammate. That is up to the coaches and them alone. All this does, if true, is just great a greater barrier for the team to cross.

Another bad move by Crabtree. Eric Mangini was right on the money about this kid. He is not a team player. How much more do people have to see? He holds out for 1/4 of the season - loafs through TC and it takes one of the captains unloading on him to get him moving - isn't running clean, consistent routes and drops passes he should catch, and now he goes public with something that should be handled inside.

Another week of turmoil for Singletary.
Tim K posted on Twitter that Crabtree was joking with Alex 10 minutes later.

Quote:
@timkawakami Not sure he meant it the way it sounded. Joking w-Alex 10 minutes later. RT @jamiemiller74 Did you hear the quote by Michael Crabtree?
[ Edited by Brazilian49er on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:01 PM ]
Why wouldnt have any of the reporters asked him to clarify what he meant? Cohn himself said he was not sure of what he meant so why not ask him to clarify?

Because if he clarifies himself they lose a story.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Well, Smith sucks and Crabtree is not as good as advertised. Actually, I don't recall how Crabtree was advertised, but his holdout screamed, "I am a show stopping No. 1 NFL receiver". The reality is more like, "I'm a pretty crafty and aggressive possession receiver."

maybe if we get him the ball he can be good

look at vernon davis, we got him the ball last year, tied the td record for TEs

look at VD this season, we arent getting him the ball, but when we do (IE like sunday) good s**t happens.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by Chrs0049:
Originally posted by jreff22:
“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

REAL TALK

Now sing will bench Crab for being a rat... When keeping it real goes wrong.

it's all good. Just moves singletary closer to the unemployment line.

If thats the case, I hope they bench VD and Gore so we can get him the hell outta here.

damn, it looks like even his own players are trying to bring him down.

poor Alex has to fight through so much in his football career.

I know. He has to recount his millions everyday. That's too much work.

lol...it is not "poor Alex". It is actually "rich Alex".
Originally posted by dj43:
As much as I want to see better QB play on this team, it is NEVER good to have a player come out and publicly call out a teammate. That is up to the coaches and them alone. All this does, if true, is just great a greater barrier for the team to cross.

Another bad move by Crabtree. Eric Mangini was right on the money about this kid. He is not a team player. How much more do people have to see? He holds out for 1/4 of the season - loafs through TC and it takes one of the captains unloading on him to get him moving - isn't running clean, consistent routes and drops passes he should catch, and now he goes public with something that should be handled inside.

Exactly. If Crabtree was taking care of his responsibilities and didn't have the wrap sheet you just listed, I would respect his opinion. But as of today, he is nothing more than a first round bust that prevented us from drafting two players who would have helped us reach the playoffs last year... those two being Oher or Orakpo.
I think Crabtree did the right thing

Everyone in that locker room or at least our leaders have probably known alex for what, 4-5 years. They all are cool with alex and probably dont want to do that to their "friend"

I would assume crabtree isnt buddies with smith and kept it real. Lets not forget that Willis tweeted something to this affect as well "...spend money on a difference maker, like Vick..."
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Well, Smith sucks and Crabtree is not as good as advertised. Actually, I don't recall how Crabtree was advertised, but his holdout screamed, "I am a show stopping No. 1 NFL receiver". The reality is more like, "I'm a pretty crafty and aggressive possession receiver."

That is a comment that is supposed to be reserved for slow guys that have next to no yards after the catch. Not someone you make a top 10 pick.
or He could be talking about Johnsons failed NFL career and stating that he couldnt cut it in the NFL but he sure can call plays

lol

LOL

Johnson can't tip ball in the air so they can be intercepted either. Alex hasn't played very well, but Crabtree hasn't had a stellar year either.
Singletary just had a good point in his last presser saying he wanted to give Alex this year to compete with only himself..get out all the junk from all the other coordinators and work on running the offens with some continuity finally while working out his "ghosts"...but in the meantime we are still paying for it and losing..Alex is more likely a career spot player or back up than a starter its looking like..its my squad and i have to support them regardless but my eyes and most everyone elses still say Alex isnt the answer..we should be one of the top teams in the league if he was even a decent game manager and wouldnt turn it over at the minimum...ill start to panic if we lose to Kolb and Philly...and i co sign this Crabtree comment..about time someone said something..no time for bs at 0-4
  • dj43
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by dj43:

Exactly. If Crabtree was taking care of his responsibilities and didn't have the wrap sheet you just listed, I would respect his opinion. But as of today, he is nothing more than a first round bust that prevented us from drafting two players who would have helped us reach the playoffs last year... those two being Oher or Orakpo.
Pardon the threadjack but it is interesting to think what the secondary could do with Orakpo having to be accounted for on every play and then still harassing the QB. Nothing like QB pressure in increase turnovers and make a secondary look good.

Or if Michael Oher was at LOT right now with Staley at ROT and who the 49ers COULD have picked at #11 this year instead of Anthony Davis.

Thoughts for another time...
Originally posted by jreff22:
And here we go.....

I just got back from the 49ers’ locker room down here in Santa Clara. We spoke to Michael Crabtree, asked how new offensive coordinator Mike Johnson did on Sunday. This is what Crabtree said:

“Mike Johnson did his thing. He did what he was supposed to do. He got everybody the ball. Only thing is, Mike Johnson can’t throw the ball. He can just call plays.”

When Crabtree said that, many reporters exchanged glances. You could take Crabtree’s words one of two ways:

He was making a general statement about coaches not being able to play – players play and must execute. Players say this all the time.

Or Crabtree was saying Johnson called good plays but Alex Smith did not execute well enough. If Crabtree meant No. 2, he was taking a shot at his quarterback.

I honestly don’t know what he meant. I’m just telling you what he said.

http://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12190/what-michael-crabtree-just-said/

Who really care what CRAPtree thinks , less compare him to the rec that went after him in the draft . I think us 49er fans really want to do that ........
All of you guy knocking Crabtree, are hilarious. Are you guys forgetting who's actually throwing the ball, or should I say tipping the ball to him? That's why his #'s aren't that good this season, we got a bum at QB. Heck, Vernon Davis can only get passes on screens.
[ Edited by richierich on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:42 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone